What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Banjo2014

Juniors
How long ago was the headlines Oust Doust - he's still with us
Sack Mac - he's still with us

These posts are a mere attempt to keep the Sack Macgregor thread on page 1 - sorry

thebigredv

First Grade
Thanks to this guy I have had to shut myself off from the rugby league world for the last couple weeks. He brings shame on supporters. The reason I can't even look at the ladder. Some of the statistics he has brought upon our team are very damning. His team has never produced a full 80 minute display in over 80 games. I stand by that claim. I have never been moved to want to watch a replay of win while this guy is in charge because even the early season victories are tinged with bad football.

We just need hope. No one expects immediate trophies, even despite the pain and time that has passed. If he is allowed to coach on we are truly doomed. Worst rugby league board and CEO in history.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
This thread was started 13 months ago and here we are still talking about the same shit! The lack of progress with this club is so frustrating!

Equally as frustrating is all the enabling fans who called for McGregor's extension, the people one here who were saying we're a "top 4 team"....

Whilst posters such as myself, OV and grouch get shot down time and time again because we saw what this club is and continues to be whilst the same buffoons in charge keep making the same decisions.

Newsflash: we were NEVER a top 4 side. All season we have been a bottom 8 side who happened to string some wins together at one point. Even when we were winning I never saw enough in this team to suggest that we could compete with the powerhouse teams come the business end of the season. I certainly never saw enough that suggested McGregor should even see out his current contract, let alone be extended.

Once again we are coming to the end of a season with absolutely nothing to be excited about. We have another long off season with absolutely nothing to look forward to (people who want to crap on about any chance of Ben Hunt turning our fortunes around, please spare me!).

I want this club to be successful. I want the right people in charge. I want people who demand and EXPECT success. I don't want to wait another 24 years for a Premiership!

Bench
Hunts signing has some people saying premiers next season. I think we will do better then this year, a premiership?. I hope we do but I can't see it.
McIdiot will need to drop his power game. We will Dufty and Hunt and maybe Field and these three are fast.
Mary is getting a first rate half in Hunt. We have Vaughan and Tyson as future rep players, or at least SOO.
We have a good forward pack. Maybe our wingers are OK but in today's game we wingers are fast and young. That is going to see how Mary handled the wingers, he has stuck with McDonald the whole year and he is not a first grade winger, hi see defence is terrible and he is rather slow.
As to the centers I think Lafai is a certainty. He has had a lean year but when he has tthe ball he looks great.
The other spot is up for grabs. Aitken has the potential, will that be good enough,
Then we have the bench. Nothing needs to be said. McIdiots use of the bench players has been terrible.
McIdiot as the head coach needs to be in involved with the transition of our younger players through the grades.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Maybe Doust will now establish a committee to oversee the performance committee established at the end of last year.

Straight Shooter
Doust's learnt much from Putin's new breed of Stalinism!
Committees were their favourite way of burying something ( or was it someone?) threatening their power
When are we protesters to be barred entry to the Leagues Club?
Can we have a free & fair election Vlad? You're no Peter the Great.

Last edited:

St Georgio

Juniors
Thanks to this guy I have had to shut myself off from the rugby league world for the last couple weeks. He brings shame on supporters. The reason I can't even look at the ladder. Some of the statistics he has brought upon our team are very damning. His team has never produced a full 80 minute display in over 80 games. I stand by that claim. I have never been moved to want to watch a replay of win while this guy is in charge because even the early season victories are tinged with bad football.

We just need hope. No one expects immediate trophies, even despite the pain and time that has passed. If he is allowed to coach on we are truly doomed. Worst rugby league board and CEO in history.
I feel exactly like you, I would have to say this is the most twisted season I have experienced , as supporters we are being mentally tortured by this Board and the coach.
Other fans are just in absolutely hysterics, as saints fan we should band together and sue the club for whatever Mcf**ker is on over 2 years for mental anguish , then once we win the court battle, we approach dick head doust requesting we pay out our Muppet coach!

Banjo2014

Juniors
How funny is that - in the middle of Central america, just walked out of a workplace harassment lecture, where we were told to be very careful when describing someone as a monkey.

I love it - back to reality on the forum

Thanks forum

We've actually been rubbish for a long time. I started following the game in 1976 and we won the comp twice in my first four years. We've one it once in the thirty eight years since (including this year, which, no, we won't). That pretty much makes us one of the two or three consistently worst teams there is. McGregor is rubbish. But he's only as rubbish as Young, Farrar, Brown and Price. We also recruited Reddy in there, but he left us for Adelaide where he showed how bad he was as a coach. Our recruitment and development has been shit literally since 1979. Dudes, we're a basketcase and we have been for nearly half a century. We took over Illawarra so that we'd get first crack at the likes of Jackson Bird, but all we ended up with was McGregor as coach and Aitken extended.

The team we support is shit, at every level. It took Wayne Bennett to drag us out of that, then it was back to the usual mediocrity. LOL at Souths? We're every bit as rubbish as they are and have been for as long. Ben Hunt comes in and we're still 11th to 9th. The better clubs have to cut players to get under the cap in 2018? We'll still buy reserve graders.

Welcome to St George.

TheElephantSeal

Juniors
We've actually been rubbish for a long time. I started following the game in 1976 and we won the comp twice in my first four years. We've one it once in the thirty eight years since (including this year, which, no, we won't). That pretty much makes us one of the two or three consistently worst teams there is. McGregor is rubbish. But he's only as rubbish as Young, Farrar, Brown and Price. We also recruited Reddy in there, but he left us for Adelaide where he showed how bad he was as a coach. Our recruitment and development has been shit literally since 1979. Dudes, we're a basketcase and we have been for nearly half a century. We took over Illawarra so that we'd get first crack at the likes of Jackson Bird, but all we ended up with was McGregor as coach and Aitken extended.

The team we support is shit, at every level. It took Wayne Bennett to drag us out of that, then it was back to the usual mediocrity. LOL at Souths? We're every bit as rubbish as they are and have been for as long. Ben Hunt comes in and we're still 11th to 9th. The better clubs have to cut players to get under the cap in 2018? We'll still buy reserve graders.

Welcome to St George.
There are gems out there. I remember we signed a young block from the roosters many years ago called Blacklock. Vision, speed and class, wish we had someone like him in our team now!