What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Smurf

Juniors
Wrong way around mate.
Mary had MANY chances to try Drew and many others during the season.

One thing i will agree with you, is that Mary is trying to save his job.

When benji was injured, why didnt Mary bring Drew into the equation?
Now, with season gone, he ridicules a great NRL legend like Benji ?

Poor form from a coach who is way out of his depth.

Marshall , yes has had a poor season.. He has also had a stellar career. To drop him for a non event is desperation at best.

This neither benefits Hutch nor does it show respect to a true NRL champ.

I have backed Mary for some time.. That time is up.

Benji was man enough to say " Dragons dont owe me anything " Like him or not, he is Mary's pawn to save his job.

Credibility .. Marshall > Mary.

Well said !!!!!

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Yep. I think they've shown numerous times a preference to look after their mates in lieu of making smart business decisions. Just add this to the list.

I retain hope that Ivan Cleary isn't silly enough to agree to this. As usual, we need someone else to make the smart calls for us.

I agree grouch. But I got a feeling that cleary isn't coming and we are stuck with mary.
I cant imagine cleary want mary around.

TruSaint

Referee
I think Doust should approach Mary and say he wants to have a look at Cleary for next year...

Cant see it happening mate... sorry.. Mary should be willing to walk OR sacked period. And I am an fan of Mary... But he has lost the plot. Period.

GeEt

Juniors
It's exactly the same response I got . They don't give a crap, so why should I . It hurts me. As a kid I would cry when they lost and the old bexley Pizza Hut restaurant was visited upon a win . Played the game to a higher enough level, with my prime goal to wear the red V (wearing the old penfolds jersey was the greatest, brief but great) But sometimes you must let go.
Mmmmmmm The old bexley Pizza Hut and the all you can eat desert bar

GeEt

Juniors
Does anyone have anything concrete on Cleary or is it just media/fan hype? Has anyone "in the know" heard anything?

I'm not convinced Cleary is the personality type we need given the current playing group seem to have lost themselves so much. He seems a bit meek to me. I think we need Toovey - passionate, great football brain, tough as they come and most importantly not afraid to make the hard decisions - ballsy. Whether either want to come to this sinking ship is, of course, another matter.....
f**k Toovey, he captained manly in 96.. He can f**k himself

thebigredv

First Grade
There's not one reason anyone who has anything to do with the NRL, let alone from the Dragons could justify not having already shown him the door.

John moz

Juniors
No professional staff member on the coaching staff we have mary young hornby wow sounds like again jobs for the boys club.

1st & 10

Juniors
No professional staff member on the coaching staff we have mary young hornby wow sounds like again jobs for the boys club.

Exactly . That's one of the main issues "jobs for the boys". Doust' s son was even employed as a statistician (not sure about this year ) No accountability , Boys club

thebigredv

First Grade
I remember when supporting the Dragons meant replaying games during the week, reliving awesome moments, awesome tries, heartbreaking losses and match winning performances, delighting in talent, arguing with friends about how mighty we are and believing it win, lose or draw. Now my routine consists of checking this site hourly to see if McGregor has been sacked and doing anything to avoid looking at the ladder and reading useless dragon propaganda. The game sold out a while ago and now our club has become a treacherous mess.

Exactly . That's one of the main issues "jobs for the boys". Doust' s son was even employed as a statistician (not sure about this year ) No accountability , Boys club

Cronyism is alive and well in Dragonsland and has continued to thrive. The ones in control continue to ply their trade of ineptness and incompetence with apparent little concern for the future of the club or its supporters.

In what appears to be a move of desperation to maintain their place on the gravy train and to kick the tin of discontent just a little further down the road.. We will see the Director of Coaching circus roll into town.

McGregor is your classic protected species and despite his lack of ability, has friends in high places and is supposedly liked by the players... Which of course is far more important than outcomes.

When the Board does sign off on the circus... Cleary should at least neuter the 'super coach' and do away with the Beagle boys who sit with him. Surely we don't need assistants to the assistant coach.

Its said to be a "done deal" with Cleary. But time will tell...

Hopefully Cleary doesn't fall into this 'setup' as it stands...

Cronyism + ( incompetence + timidness) = ineffectiveness

Latest posts