What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Old Timer

Coach
McGregor will be coach in 2019
He will develop further as a first grade coach
The team will improve further
Good times ahead

SFTG
Taking your post line by line
  1. Yes he will be the coach in 2019 as he has 1 year to run on his contract and our BOD are too gutless to force change.
  2. He has developed as far as he can go as a coach (in fact lucky to get this far) and his deficiencies are clearly evident and repetitive and last nights game was a clear example of that.
  3. The team can only improve by its own recognisance and not due to any input from the coach. The coach has in fact shown yet again he is adept at getting a team to underperform at the critical part of the season.
  4. With players recovering in the offseason there will be no good times ahead as the coach will revert to his normal tactics of leaving talented youth on the bench or in ISP and will use the likes of Aitken, Lafai, Latimore each and every week regardless of results. We improved the last 2 games due to players having injuries and being ruled out which forced change. Good coaches embrace change whilst ours resists it until there is no alternative and then doesn't get it right anyway.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Like I said he might be a good bloke Mary but he is not going to win us a Comp. We have the team ready now

He has proven he cannot take us to the next level and I wouldn’t be to sure if the kids that were used late in the season would have seen a first grade game if it wasn’t for injuries.

So Mary be a man stand down get some experiences other than Dapto Canaries and may be you can be a good coach but in all honesty it’s the players that took us to where we got.

reflect back to the broncos game and even Mary was stunned at what happened. Does that tell you something

Good bloke.

Players like him.

Ordinary/mediocre coach with little prospect of improving further.

Failed to make the hard decisions all season.

Continues to favour "experience" over youthful talent.

We have plenty of high quality juniors capable of taking this squad to another level.

Better to lose a few games early and give them the necessary experience and opportunity to improve.

Many of the kids have much higher ceilings than players that were used this season.

All we can do is hope Mary learned something from the past 10-12 weeks.

Lord knows the board won't sack him now.

merahputih

Juniors
Good bloke.

Players like him.

Ordinary/mediocre coach with little prospect of improving further.

Failed to make the hard decisions all season.

Continues to favour "experience" over youthful talent.

We have plenty of high quality juniors capable of taking this squad to another level.

Better to lose a few games early and give them the necessary experience and opportunity to improve.

Many of the kids have much higher ceilings than players that were used this season.

All we can do is hope Mary learned something from the past 10-12 weeks.

Lord knows the board won't sack him now.
Your first sentence: "Players like him." sums up the whole problem with Mary. Good coaches, and for that matter, successful bosses, executives, commanding officers, etc are not ""liked", they are respected and sometimes feared. I doubt many players would say they "like" Bennett or Bellamy, but they sure as hell respect them and fear them if they fall below the coaches' standards. I agree with you that we have to expect that Mary will see out his contract next year.

Like I said he might be a good bloke Mary but he is not going to win us a Comp. We have the team ready now

He has proven he cannot take us to the next level and I wouldn’t be to sure if the kids that were used late in the season would have seen a first grade game if it wasn’t for injuries.

So Mary be a man stand down get some experiences other than Dapto Canaries and may be you can be a good coach but in all honesty it’s the players that took us to where we got.

reflect back to the broncos game and even Mary was stunned at what happened. Does that tell you something

what a load of mindless dribble

SFTG

Latest posts