What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#sackgidley

Frederick

Staff member
Let's get it going guys. Facebook, Twitter, the herald, the tele...

If enough people jump on board then surely the knights have to take notice and realise just what a genius Kurt really is.

#sackgidley

Rod

Bench
He wasn't bad, just tried a bit too hard.

I almost want it to happen though so this forum can move on.

perverse

Referee
Wayne will realise. He can't not see it... it's just a matter of whether he can pull the trigger or not.

My best is that he can and that he will. He must! It's just disgraceful. He's not a captains arsehole, he's not a hookers arsehole... he's not anything's arsehole. He's just an arsehole of a player.

Nuffy

Bench
No Gids hate, but it apparent that his best days are log gone.

I have some sympathy as he is expected to play a position he isn't able to, but tough decisions need to be made and people are paid big money to make them.

It's a tragedy it's come to this.

Nuffy

Bench

When he is trying too hard, he is at his worst.

Just amazes me that after 200 plus games he struggles to read a game effectively.

Apey

Staff member

You're kidding right? His service and defence are pretty damn bad, and he gave away how many penalties to boot?

I mean every now and then he will throw a decent ball or make a great tackle but their frequency doesn't even come close to that of his f**k ups.

perverse

Referee
No Gids hate, but it apparent that his best days are log gone.

I have some sympathy as he is expected to play a position he isn't able to, but tough decisions need to be made and people are paid big money to make them.

It's a tragedy it's come to this.
He can't play any position anymore. He was never a smart footballer, but he at least brought some thigns to the team when we didn't have many good players. Now we have lots of good players and Gidley has lost any and all attributes that made him even a passable footballer. He is done and dusted and Wayne needs to give him a tap on the shoulder for mine. f**k, fake some sort of neck thing and say he's retiring injured or some shit. Anything to get him away from the football field.

Rod

Bench
As usual everyone is emotional after a loss and looking for people to blame.

Gidley was perfectly fine in his first stint, quite good even. Tackled his heart out and was everywhere.

Second stint wasn't so good, couple of average plays and gave away a couple of penalties.

If we're going to crucify guys for that we'll have to crucify half the team, especially tonight. Why isn't Scott copping this? I personally thought he was fine tonight but he conceded a couple of penalties and in reality he could have deadset been penalised every tackle he made, he was niggling and holding down all night. Could easily put the boot into him and plenty others as well, not just Gidley.

Frederick

Staff member
When he is trying too hard, he is at his worst.

Just amazes me that after 200 plus games he struggles to read a game effectively.

What's more amazing is that he's played 200 games.

Wait, amazing isn't the word for it...what's the word I'm thinking of....

Oh yeah, depressing. That's it

aqua_duck

Coach
Honestly what does he add to the team, he's a shit hooker, can't play 80 minutes, has no composure, is a sad excuse for a captain and Tyrone is a better goalkicker.

aqua_duck

Coach

Gidley was perfectly fine in his first stint, quite good even. Tackled his heart out and was everywhere.

Second stint wasn't so good, couple of average plays and gave away a couple of penalties.

If we're going to crucify guys for that we'll have to crucify half the team, especially tonight. Why isn't Scott copping this? I personally thought he was fine tonight but he conceded a couple of penalties and in reality he could have deadset been penalised every tackle he made, he was niggling and holding down all night. Could easily put the boot into him and plenty others as well, not just Gidley.

Scott has been our best player so far this season. Thing with Gids is this isn't like one bad performance amongst a string of good performances. He's been rubbish for a while now.

perverse

Referee

Did you not at all notice the immediate improvement in our go-forward and general attackign structure when Clydsdale came on the field? I remarked on it after his first bloody set in the gameday thread. It was glaringly obvious how far ahead of Kurt he is. What surprised me even more about clydsdale is how vocal he was in getting the forwards into position and getting the plays ready to execute. The kid is a star and for Captain Giggles to be holding him back at this point is a farce.

Nuffy

Bench
He can't play any position anymore. He was never a smart footballer, but he at least brought some thigns to the team when we didn't have many good players. Now we have lots of good players and Gidley has lost any and all attributes that made him even a passable footballer. He is done and dusted and Wayne needs to give him a tap on the shoulder for mine. f**k, fake some sort of neck thing and say he's retiring injured or some shit. Anything to get him away from the football field.

Make no mistake, I don't want him there, it's just a tragedy all round that it's come to this, tough decisions needed to made earlier.

Bennett knows footy and wouldn't have missed what went on.

Rod

Bench
Clydesdale looked pretty sharp, no denying it. Certainly looks like a long-term solution.

perverse

Referee
He couldn't possibly miss what went on.

I don't doubt Kurt's passion or his effort. I appreciate all that he did for us years ago when we didn't have a decent team... but his time is over now. It's sad to watch him go out there every week and play like he is, but the reality is he isn't up to this level of football anymore. He's a dumb footballer, always has been... he doesn't have the fitness that he used to anymore, and he's an absolutely liability in all other aspects of the game.

Swarzey

Bench
Throw Clydsdale in there for the 80. It could hurt his progress, but he's already a much better option than Gidley will ever be, regardless how much he trains and how much help Bedsy helps him. He's a liability on the field.