What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#sackgidley

Apey

Staff member
You should get a holiday from this forum for that, unacceptable.

PhilGould

Bench
How about the 14 year veteran putting his f***ing foot on the line from dummy half inside our own 10 metre line? And then proceeding to give away a stupid penalty a minute later. Please just leave now Kurt

Noname36

First Grade
^ This is the problem. In general I thought Kurt played okay today as I thought he had the past few weeks. Producing the type of error he did today though, especially as the captain, is just inexcusable and highlights so much of what is wrong with the side. You just can't make a school boy error, put your side under immense pressure and then expect them to respond when you yell at them to defend the line.

mozza91

Coach
He was quite good overall today. I like him at halfback. But that foot on the line was bloody terrible. The good outweighed the bad though.

I thought he was quite good also. He worked in well with the backline.
That error was a shocker. Had they not scored soon after it would have been forgotten. But they did!

Gidley today wasn't our issue (although we do need a top quality half).

Rod

Bench
I don't know if I've ever seen a guy be his own worst enemy like Gidley does. So often he looks like playing well and tries his guts out but then ruins it all by doing the most braindead things. Today was a perfect example.

I remember when he was NSW fullback in 2009 and he had a great game, ran for something like 260 metres but near the end put his foot over the dead ball line, spoiling any chance of a late NSW game-winner.

It's a shame because we know how hard he tries and 90% of the time he's actually decent but that 10% of derp is just brutal.

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
I don't know if I've ever seen a guy be his own worst enemy like Gidley does. So often he looks like playing well and tries his guts out but then ruins it all by doing the most braindead things. Today was a perfect example.

I remember when he was NSW fullback in 2009 and he had a great game, ran for something like 260 metres but near the end put his foot over the dead ball line, spoiling any chance of a late NSW game-winner.

It's a shame because we know how hard he tries and 90% of the time he's actually decent but that 10% of derp is just brutal.

This. The guy gives absolutely everything on the field it's a shame that he has these spastic brainsnaps. I can't hate him like Frederick does though if the other blokes in the team cared as much about the club as he does we would not be in the position we are now.