What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SAINTS V PANTHERS.

possm

Coach
It's not often you would make changes to a winning combination accept if one or two players just did not perform to the same level as the rest of the team. Lafai did nothing to convince me he should be in first grade and Nightingale showed me that, although he tries his heart out, he has slowed up a lot and because of this is often caught out of position and does not have the speed to recover.

Dufty is still not match fit so I would give him at least another week in reserve grade. Aitken did nothing wrong against the Panthers but is not a better right centre than Milne. And in my opinion, Field should be blooded on the left wing in first grade.

So I would make the following changes the Dragon's for round 2 against the Eels:
1. Dugan
2. Field
3. Milne
4. Mann
5. Macdonald

Aitken on the bench.

ALSGI

Bench
It's not often you would make changes to a winning combination accept if one or two players just did not perform to the same level as the rest of the team. Lafai did nothing to convince me he should be in first grade and Nightingale showed me that, although he tries his heart out, he has slowed up a lot and because of this is often caught out of position and does not have the speed to recover.

Dufty is still not match fit so I would give him at least another week in reserve grade. Aitken did nothing wrong against the Panthers but is not a better right centre than Milne. And in my opinion, Field should be blooded on the left wing in first grade.

So I would make the following changes the Dragon's for round 2 against the Eels:
1. Dugan
2. Field
3. Milne
4. Mann
5. Macdonald

Aitken on the bench.
Agree, 85% possm.
Mann, imo would be better at 2.

MilanDragon

Juniors

1. Dugan
2. Field
3. Milne
4. Mann
5. Macdonald

Aitken on the bench.

Right there you have successfully changed 23% of a team that won by over 30 points against the premiership favourite. That's crazy! I can't imagine any coach doing that, nor can I agree with it.

If you would have said that Pre-game or before we had won absolutely I agree with it all, except Aitken to start and I'd still go field on the bench. But after winning in that manner is stick with the same 17. Plus what message of stability does it send to the squad? Go out deliver, play well and execute but hey you're still not safe for next game. Would start to see players with insecurity and all of a sudden everyone is playing for themselves.

Simon

Juniors

1. Dugan
2. Field
3. Milne
4. Mann
5. Macdonald

Aitken on the bench.

Going by your logic of Lafai and Nightingale not showing enough to stay in the side, what did Milne show in reserves to make him a selection in firsts? I thought he was quite ordinary in defence when rushing up at times.

The first team was picked, we won convincingly. It now should be on the guys in reserve grade to demand inclusion through performance. Looking at the Illawarra game, I didn't get the sense that anyone made selections tougher for the NRL side.

Bench
If it's not broken don't fix it. Hard to see any players being dropped after the win, barring injuries.

mickeylane

Bench
Going by your logic of Lafai and Nightingale not showing enough to stay in the side, what did Milne show in reserves to make him a selection in firsts? I thought he was quite ordinary in defence when rushing up at times.

The first team was picked, we won convincingly. It now should be on the guys in reserve grade to demand inclusion through performance. Looking at the Illawarra game, I didn't get the sense that anyone made selections tougher for the NRL side.
Agreed no one in the Reserve grade put their hand up...But i do think there is one change warranted at least
Either Milne or Mann for Lafai but it won't happen - Dragons will be as per program in Round 1 unless someones slips up in the shower...

Latest posts