What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Kasiano Took Pay Cut

SGMax

Juniors
Yeah not believing the whole "took a pay cut" thing. This is Melbourne after all.

Totally agree. Can't believe how gullible everyone is.
Everytime clubs like Melb, Broncs, etc land a big one, its always for less. Yeah right!
Kasiano is also moving to another city and all the hassle that comes from relocating and we are to believe he and his manager are accepting less.

I thought he could have been a good replacement for Packer but only if he changed his approach and stopped playing so flamboyant...some straight hard running with an offload when appropriate...could have been good in our pack.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Totally agree. Can't believe how gullible everyone is.
Everytime clubs like Melb, Broncs, etc land a big one, its always for less. Yeah right!
Kasiano is also moving to another city and all the hassle that comes from relocating and we are to believe he and his manager are accepting less.

I thought he could have been a good replacement for Packer but only if he changed his approach and stopped playing so flamboyant...some straight hard running with an offload when appropriate...could have been good in our pack.
Agree with the pay cut. Yeah right! Mose Masoe would have to be a major disappointment with all the hype around his signing.?

Frank Facer

First Grade
When Dugan signed with Cronulla, the headline should have read Dugan Takes Pay Cut to sign with Sharks. lol

I am skeptical about Kasiano taking a pay cut to sign with Melbourne, very skeptical. I still think he would have been a great signing for us. I think he will be one of the top 5 props in the game over the next 4 years. Melbourne will have the best front row in comp.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I'm thinking of creating a game called Possm Bingo because I predicted at least 3 buzzwords in this thread before even opening it.

BennyV

Referee
Lol@ pay cut. If anyone believes that, I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you. This is MELBOURNE STORM guys!!

Oh, and also lol@ those who wouldnt take him. A damaging impact prop with great ball skills about to hit the usual prime age for props seems like exactly what would work in our pack and would provide an incredible foil for the high workload of Vaughan and Ah Mau. But nah, lets take the moneyball approach, it's all about stats and there's a random journeyman or completely untried 20 year old who would have the same impact, right?

Hell become the premier prop in the game under Bellamy.

MilanDragon

Juniors
I would believe he took a pay cut. Actually I'd believe every club that made him an offer was offering less than his current salary, and so they should've! His last contract was when he had a brilliant year and stil had more potential, I think he's not at that level currently and therefore not worth as much.

I read the article yesterday but I'm pretty sure it doesn't say he took less money than what the Eels, Dragons and Warriors were offering.

denis preston

First Grade
The point bing simply that, if reports are true, Millward/Dragons have missed out on another potential target.

Irespective of whether we agree he would be a good replacement, its another Millward failure.
Really ?? Does Possm have two monikers ? Do you like your dad ever look at the players retained and the Vaughan / Mcinnes gains and the Rein negotiations etc ? Look at the big picture before you put the boot in.

possm

Coach
I would believe he took a pay cut. Actually I'd believe every club that made him an offer was offering less than his current salary, and so they should've! His last contract was when he had a brilliant year and stil had more potential, I think he's not at that level currently and therefore not worth as much.

I read the article yesterday but I'm pretty sure it doesn't say he took less money than what the Eels, Dragons and Warriors were offering.

You make a good point.

And such articles also never talk about the TPA that compliments the contract price. Somehow, magically, when the Storm make a decision to recruit a player, a sponsor who has nothing to do with the Storm, who is independent of the Storm administration and who has not been asked by the Storm or referred by the Storm, all of a sudden comes up with a sponsorship deal which matches Kasiano's desired salary aspiration.

I call it corruption, simple corruption and I call on the NRL to stop turning a blind eye to this corruption. The salary cap was brought in for a reason and this TPA system undermines the whole purpose of the salary cap. There is no ethical reason for the TPA scheme to continue in its present form.

blacksafake

First Grade
He always destroys us when he plays against us with his size & skill.
I'd of been happy to sign him but now we'll most likely finish up with someone like Lillyman.:(

JDHD

Juniors
First of all, no way he's leaving for less money. The Storm have a history of cap rorting and no manager in their right mind is going let their player move to another club for less money.

Second, he plays maybe 25 minutes a game. They're a good 25, but its a quarter of the game.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
Really ?? Does Possm have two monikers ? Do you like your dad ever look at the players retained and the Vaughan / Mcinnes gains and the Rein negotiations etc ? Look at the big picture before you put the boot in.

Firstly, dont get personal.

The bigger picture is that over all Millward is a f**kin idiot thta has failed more times than he has been succesfull.

I have meet him a fee times and he isnt, in my opinion, suited to this role.
Simply not smart enough and lacks the personality.

Anyway thats just my opinion, not sure why your attacking me....this is a forum remember???

Have a nice day and I hope we can meet in person some day.

Life's Good

Coach
I understand he took a pay cut commensurate with the amount of kgs Bellamy has asked him to lose. Win-Win for club & player.