What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving the worst for last

Iafeta

Referee
Disgraceful performance.

G Rovelli=Worst halfback in NRL history. Disgraceful performance.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
It wasn't going to be easy, and i didn't expect us to win, but where is the heart from the rest of the year?

Rovelli

Bench
One of our worst losses ever.

54-0 to the Dragons in 2000 was embarrassing, but this one's just as bad.

Even the 56-12 loss in 2001 in the finals to Parra wasn't as bad.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I want to know why the folded like a cheap tent.

And heat isn't the only excuse.

Iafeta

Referee
Here's when you say "Dumb dumb dumb dumb."

Against the Eels, our halfback near the end goes to the short side (the left side) and pops a kick over to the sideline out on the full, from a flat position. It was an impossible kicking position.

Today... goes flat, goes to the left, gets sacked, intercept, try. What does he do next time around? Goes flat, goes to the left, gets sacked, ineffectual kick as a result.

Ten minutes later, the Warriors regather a bomb on the right hand side, they spread it left, where the halfback is, he has the backline flat, the Cowboys racing up... holds the ball out in front, does nothing, then passes... PASSES! Kick the ball, FFS!

We need to find a solution to this halfback dilemma, that was dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. His inability to close out sets gave them a heap of momentum in hot conditions. Double dumb.

Rovelli

Bench
We committed to Ravs for a while....we might even need Witty to slide over to #7 and get a 5/8

dazza

Staff member
Iafeta said:
Disgraceful performance.

G Rovelli=Worst halfback in NRL history. Disgraceful performance.

:clap:

couldn`t agree more. as i`ve said in the past, the warriors will never win a premiership with the halfback & stand off there at the moment.

cheers dazza

Iafeta

Referee
Whatever happens, the club is kidding themselves if they don't get S Jones involved in the club some way to advise the halves. I mean, you don't mind bad execution... but where he was standing to make those plays? That's terrible disorganisation.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
We need to transplant Staces brain in Rovellis head.

Otherwise get Stace down here tomorrow. That was dire.

Mind you, every one was terrible.

Iafeta

Referee
We were ordinary because we rely on the offload too much, and once that's gone, we have nothing. We don't have a halfback who can sit back for a set and direct the forwards around, or a halfback who can get into first receiver and point the halves into the right direction. Or a halfback who can see an opportunity and take advantage of it. I'd love to see his assists tally for the year, for a halfback it'd be incredibly low.

Once the offload goes, or once the forwards are matched blow for blow or worse dominated, it's all over. Tate is a good addition in terms of having someone who can break the line out wide or sieze of a half chance, but it's no good when we don't know how to set those men up. Vatuvei and McKinnon would kill it with a halfback who can see a gap and put his team through it. Let alone that, someone who can just take the last kick options and plug the corners. To me, Rovelli is a hooker, not a halfback.

Rovelli

Bench
Rovelli started his NRL career as a dummy-half last season IIRC and was excellent.

It's hard because we have signed guys to extensions - Fien, Henderson, Rovelli, Witt, Hohaia - and all five aren't exactly halfbacks

Blaze

Juniors
It was still a good season guys...

And if anything this result will highlight the fact that we have weaknesses in positions that aren't fixable with the current personal..

Rovelli doesn't have a future. He sucks. Even when we were winning all those games. His gun play is the short pass to no one...

Rovelli

Bench
What do we do?

Fien to halfback?

Witt to halfback?

Keep faith in Rovelli?

Stacey out of retirement??!!!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hohaia might be getting a run in the #7 jersey next year at that rate. Disagree about the team folding (I don't think they gave up, just had nothing left) but Rovelli just isn't up to standard.

Iafeta

Referee
Nathan Fien.

Grant Rovelli to rotate with Lance Hohaia or Ian Henderson at hooker. Fien just has to play with a bit more depth, his kicking is ok.

ozbash

Referee
we,ve spent $400 k on a center we dont need but we still have the same halfback that cost us a semi...

doesnt seem quite right to me.