What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott Princess going to the old dart

Moffo

Referee
A true case of a player that had so much potential but never seemed to fulfil it. He was a bonafide star in the making at the tigers....but really got lost on the GC

Bit of a shame really, was a gun player on his day

Can you believe he is 32? wowsers

The GC club is a clusterf**k

DJShaksta

First Grade
A true case of a player that had so much potential but never seemed to fulfil it. He was a bonafide star in the making at the tigers....but really got lost on the GC

Bit of a shame really, was a gun player on his day

Can you believe he is 32? wowsers

The GC club is a clusterf**k

He was the perfect foil for Benji, can organize well and has a decent kicking game.
But at the Gold Coast he had to do it all himself.

no name

Coach
He was great for the Titans from '07 til about mid '10.
Was absolutely crapola in '11 but showed glimpses in form in '12.
Was bought as a marquee player and I think he did the job, both on and off the field.

Good luck to him.

Slackboy72

Coach
I assume he's going to be playing Premier League where his ability to go down like a sack of spuds is an asset.

Red Bear

Referee
He was great for the Titans from '07 til about mid '10.
Was absolutely crapola in '11 but showed glimpses in form in '12.
Was bought as a marquee player and I think he did the job, both on and off the field.

Good luck to him.
Couldnt do much without a 5/8 basically. Complimented Benji very well, though Mat Rogers was playing better footy in 09/10 than him. His return to decent form really came with the emergence of Sezar.

So who in the halves next season? Sezar and Henry?

mongoose

Coach
what are you on about? Prince was excellent for the Titans up until the last 2 years.

The Titans have got more value out of Prince since he went there than the Tigers have gotten out of Benji imo

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Did pretty well in his career considering how badly he broke his leg for the Broncs early in his career.

I always had the impression with Prince that his greatest loyalty was to the almighty dollar rather than a club.

Titanic

First Grade
Prince is 32, he played his best footy prior to 2011 and got a bit of spark with Sezer this year. He'll go ok in Pommielamd but the club needs to get past the establishment clique.

Canard

Immortal
Not well liked by most Cowboys fans as he left us after the club invested heavily in him as a junior

Big Pete

Referee
Scott Prince's career for me has been defined by his inability to make representative teams. I reckon any other time period he would have played more Origins than he did but the Queensland side has been so dominant that he's barely been needed.

Tigers & Titans fans will have fonder memories of him. Particularly Tiger fans who will remember him as the leader of their maiden premiership victory and a huge part of their revival after years of disappointments.

For Titans, he was their first captain and first star player. From 07-09 he was a great player who unfortunately had the habit of getting injured at the wrong time, particularly in 08 where he was IMO the form halfback of the competition. Then he started to slow down a bit in 2010, he was still good enough to be Dally M halfback (an honour I would have given to Hornby as I felt Rogers carried him during the back half of the season but y'know) and these last two years he was really beginning to show the toll his body has taken over the years. He just didn't have that confidence to lead from the front foot anymore and always seemed to play within himself and that was never his style.

All the best to Princey, he's a divisive character but I always enjoyed his down to earth demeanor and the way he carried himself in the media.

For the Titans, I reckon this is a good move for them long term. There is no way Prince was going to be of any value to them for that 5 year deal and for him to move on will really benefit them come 2014 or so. Now if they can get rid of Zillman, they'd be in the money.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Was a fantatsic player. Unlike Lockyer, thurston, johns etc he never played in an overly strong club team. Really 05 with benji and 10 with Rogers were the only years that he had a decent halves partner. Always had a garbage backline at the titans, which could have been his best years. Had the talent to play 20+ origins but serious injuries early in his career and the emergence of thurston prevented this.

Thought he completely dogged it in 06 for the tigers but will always be grateful to him for 05.

Good luck princey!