What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sea Eagles desperate for funding

tbone10

Juniors
taxidriver said:
brookvale is the mt druit of northern sydney

no chance

that mantle well and truly belongs to Dee Why! But i know where i'd prefer to live out of the two

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
t-ba said:
The Leagues club failed to back North Sydney when the club went into administration. The Football club wasn't on the 'verge' of going broke, they were well past being just broke. The Leagues Club and the Football Club had practically been at war with each other in 1999!

$12m? I can't recall them every contributing that kind of money when the JV was in operation, but I'd love a source. IIRC, NS Leagues club matched the Stricken Manly Leagues club dollar for dollar until the Manly Leagues club couldn't contribute any further. Then Norths Leagues stopped funding and began praying that Manly would fall over so they could get their hands on the license...

Relocate? News to me. It was a venue split...

The merger offer was the least predatory on the table for the administrator to choose from. Fitzy wanted a Blue & Gold 'Parramatta Bears' playing full time out Parramatta stadium. Newcastle offered a 'merger' on the condition that the clubs colours, name and home ground remained the same!

who was that administrator again?

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
t-ba said:
The Leagues club failed to back North Sydney when the club went into administration. The Football club wasn't on the 'verge' of going broke, they were well past being just broke. The Leagues Club and the Football Club had practically been at war with each other in 1999!

$12m? I can't recall them every contributing that kind of money when the JV was in operation, but I'd love a source. IIRC, NS Leagues club matched the Stricken Manly Leagues club dollar for dollar until the Manly Leagues club couldn't contribute any further. Then Norths Leagues stopped funding and began praying that Manly would fall over so they could get their hands on the license...

This is getting better. So, even tho they had shared directors, chairman etc, Norths Leagues and Football Club actually hated each other now. OK. So, LC hated the Bears, let them go broke then let a JV happen (that was really just Manly) and tipped their $12 million into Manly - but then waited for that JV to go broke so it could get the NRL licence back for the Bears - whom they hated.

Good that's all cleared up. Now, you forgot one thing - wasn't Elvis in line to run the new club with the seven dwarves (not including Tooves)?:lol: :lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
Rockin Ronny said:
This is getting better. So, even tho they had shared directors, chairman etc, Norths Leagues and Football Club actually hated each other now. OK. So, LC hated the Bears, let them go broke then let a JV happen (that was really just Manly) and tipped their $12 million into Manly - but then waited for that JV to go broke so it could get the NRL licence back for the Bears - whom they hated.

Good that's all cleared up. Now, you forgot one thing - wasn't Elvis in line to run the new club with the seven dwarves (not including Tooves)?:lol: :lol:

Riddle Me this: If the Leagues club tipped in $12m, shared Boards (Did they? I'd like some proof on both counts, you may be suprised...I can't remember that hoary old bastard at the Leagues club being on the BoD at Norths...), How exactly did Norths end up in ADMINISTRATION!!!!

You're paying no attention to the facts at all...

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
t-ba said:
Riddle Me this: If the Leagues club tipped in $12m, shared Boards (Did they? I'd like some proof on both counts, you may be suprised...I can't remember that hoary old bastard at the Leagues club being on the BoD at Norths...), How exactly did Norths end up in ADMINISTRATION!!!!

You're paying no attention to the facts at all...

Firstly, the Bears CEO was the Norths Leagues Club chairman.

Secondly - administration?
Well, the Bears were put into administration without warning several weeks before the criteria. Hard to know exactly why - especially when the Board has earlier told members and supporters that debts were only around $1 million. You would need to ask Geoff Bellew - he was the Bears CEO at the time. Or maybe Bob Saunders - he was on the board at the time too. My memory's hazy - but I think they ended up working at Manly. Also, the Norths Leagues Club was the major creditor of the Bears - so, even tho they had $12 million to put into the Football Club, they must have voted for administration - even tho the Bears had a regional NRL licence and a stadium at Gosford - all of which then went to Manly.

Sort of raises a few questions, doesn't it? Although, denying obvious facts is one way to duck the issue.

t-ba

Post Whore
Rockin Ronny said:
Firstly, the Bears CEO was the Norths Leagues Club chairman.

Secondly - administration?
Well, the Bears were put into administration without warning several weeks before the criteria.

So, they were in administration? Good, glad we've gotten past that.

Hard to know exactly why - especially when the Board has earlier told members and supporters that debts were only around $1 million.

The figure was $4m when the administrator came in wasn't it? Porkie Pies were told by some naughty MoB's...

You would need to ask Geoff Bellew - he was the Bears CEO at the time. Or maybe Bob Saunders - he was on the board at the time too. My memory's hazy - but I think they ended up working at Manly.

Your point? Manly Are you suggesting Manly Merged with North Sydney to purely steal some administrative Wunderkinds? What's next, we're actually in control of the Freemasons? The Boards weren't shared either...Substantiate that comment or shut up.

Also, the Norths Leagues Club was the major creditor of the Bears - so, even tho they had $12 million to put into the Football Club, they must have voted for administration - even tho the Bears had a regional NRL licence and a stadium at Gosford - all of which then went to Manly.

Manly didn't need a regional license...The JV was formed AFTER the licenses were handed out and guess what? Manly had one, Norths Didn't! I'd love to know where this twelve million yours comes from...

...I highly doubt the Manly Board or the NRL colluded with the North Sydney Leagues club in a nefarious scheme to steal a license that Manly didn't need. Makes for a Great story though. Manly merged with North Sydney on the advice of Ken Arthurson, who felt the club couldn't survive as a stand alone entity on the Peninsula. The Actions of the Leagues Club board have confounded most,

Sort of raises a few questions, doesn't it? Although, denying obvious facts is one way to duck the issue.

What, like buying into a conspiracy theory that Manly bankurpted North Sydney to steal a license it didn't need, a stadium it no longer uses and to put Bob Saunders in the Merchandise stall at Brookvale for every home game?

Norths got shafted, no doubt. BUT, Manly wasn't the Author of North Sydney's downfall...North Sydney were a convenient fall club for the NRL after Wests failed to merge with Canterbury and Balmain failed to merge with Parra leaving their fourteen planned clubs up in the air. Norths going into administration provided them with an easy way out of the situation.

RainMan

Juniors
Lookout its Rocking Ronny/Doctor Death under a new name but with the same old regurgitated story...

nqboy

First Grade
DD's back? Great! Can't wait to go toe-to-toe with him on whether the Reds, Orcas or CC Bears should be the next team admitted.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
God, how slow can you be.

Bears weren't broke, Manly were broke. Bears had a licence - a reginal licence - Manly might not have got a licence under the criteria because they were broke. Yet, somehow, a broke Manly ends up with Gosford and an NRL licence! And who was head of the ARL?

And - Saddam did have weapons of mass destruction! Why - because the papers said so. :lol: :lol:

Look, Bears people know they were rorted - and Manly were part of it. Don't be so stupid as to think it happened naturally.

And, Einstein, for your education, if you have $4 million in debt (your creation) and $12 million in funds, that means you're solvent. However - Only in rugby league can a solvent club iwth an NRL licence somehow be put into administration, destroyed and lose the licence - while the broke club takes their major asset (Gosford) and survives.

You're not expected to understand - you're from Manly. Just thought I'd tell you anyway.

Fluffy

Juniors
Norths were about 15 - 20 million in debt depending on who you speak to, as you say the leagues club invested 12 million reducing the debt to 4 million.

With some basic maths we can work out they were 16 million in debt to start with.

Thats the point when manly came on board with the sure to be doomed merger.

CharlieF

Juniors
Special K said:
Would be nice to see them go broke and have north sydney back in.

Would be nice to see the Sharks double, triple or even quadruple their Premiership Winners medals.

Garts

Bench
I dont know how some fans can want to see a club kicked out, I wouldnt wish it on any team as I know how I would feel if it was my team. Besides everyone loves to hate Manly, the competition needs a few of those teams, its what makes the competition even better.

CharlieF

Juniors
You can blame what happened to Norths on Super league.

Manly did not go out of their way to make sure that Norths were no longer in the Comp, in fact the opposite. Have a look at the actions of the clubs that went to SL and how much they cared.

t-ba

Post Whore
Rockin Ronny said:
God, how slow can you be.

Bears weren't broke, Manly were broke. Bears had a licence - a reginal licence - Manly might not have got a licence under the criteria because they were broke. Yet, somehow, a broke Manly ends up with Gosford and an NRL licence! And who was head of the ARL?

Really, that's where anyone with a clue knows you're full of crap. Manly secured a license, Norths were not considered because they were in ADMINISTRATION, and the clubs merged after they were dished out.

'Regional License? You have precisely NFI. 'Regional' clubs were not based licenses specificially on that provision, but rather, were given extra criteria points for an NRL license.

And, Einstein, for your education, if you have $4 million in debt (your creation) and $12 million in funds, that means you're solvent. However - Only in rugby league can a solvent club iwth an NRL licence somehow be put into administration, destroyed and lose the licence - while the broke club takes their major asset (Gosford) and survives.

As has been mentioned. $(16m) and $12m still equals $(4M) which means Norths were skint and were put into administrations...

The facts of this are well documented. You're just a bitter troll with no clue.

Atleast decent Bears Fans like GTB and Big-Steve stick to the facts rather than post unsubstantiated crap like you do.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Garts said:
I dont know how some fans can want to see a club kicked out, I wouldnt wish it on any team as I know how I would feel if it was my team.

Unless you are a Souths fan you wouldn't have a clue mate.

wittyfan

Referee
Garts said:
I dont know how some fans can want to see a club kicked out, I wouldnt wish it on any team as I know how I would feel if it was my team. Besides everyone loves to hate Manly, the competition needs a few of those teams, its what makes the competition even better.

I wouldn't be shedding any tears.