What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sea Eagles sign Parra Star

El Diablo

Post Whore
Nothing with player retention. Pointing out the fact that there's a lot of eels posters who don't consider there juniors to be of 1st grade quality hence wanting to "poach" players from other clubs.

what have the posters got to with **** :?

Why did your club extend Lowrie's contract, upgrade Finch's keep Wagon in 1st grade ahead of signing your juniors.
did they extend Lowrie's contract?

he rarely if ever plays first frade so not sure what your point is

Wagon is on a handshake deal last time i read. not suure when his contract ends

El Diablo

Post Whore
So what, that doesn't alter the fact that we have 5 juniors in our team.

but the answer to the question is 1

but we also have Mattai, Afamasaga, D Willaims, Michael Bani, Shane Nuemann, Jeff robson, Ballin

christ

many if not all of those aren't juniors

Afamasaga won rookie of the year at Parra in 04 ffs

swoop

Juniors
what have the posters got to with **** :?

did they extend Lowrie's contract?

he rarely if ever plays first frade so not sure what your point is

Wagon is on a handshake deal last time i read. not suure when his contract ends

Point is your club offers more money to outsiders and has beens and neglect the juniors.

You're all "cock-a-hoop" when you sign players from other clubs on big $$$ but you also think no-one is allowed to buy players from poor old Parra.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
We had a junior a while back by the name of Cannings, if i remember rightly Parra 'stole' him for about 230k a year :lol:

swoop

Juniors
but the answer to the question is 1

christ

many if not all of those aren't juniors

Afamasaga won rookie of the year at Parra in 04 ffs

How many juniors are in our 1st grade side was your original question and the answer is 5.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Point is your club offers more money to outsiders and has beens and neglect the juniors.

who have we offered money to next year?

You're all "cock-a-hoop" when you sign players from other clubs on big $$$ but you also think no-one is allowed to buy players from poor old Parra.
we've signed bugger all on big $$$ from other clubs in recent years

Manly on the other hand...

swoop

Juniors
who have we offered money to next year?

we've signed bugger all on big $$$ from other clubs in recent years

Manly on the other hand...

You can't offer any players big bucks next year because you've used it up extending Finch's, Hindmarsh, B Smith, Lowrie, Cayless and so on

Then Inu and Hayne.

And who have we spent big dollars on next year?

swoop

Juniors
you got him from Wee Waa. last time i checked that wasn't part of of the Manly junior area

Where does Hindmarsh, Finch, Wagon, Riddell, Burt, Cordoba, Galavao, Hauraki, Fui Fui, Lowrie, b Smith all come from. I suppose they're juniors?

El Diablo

Post Whore
You can't offer any players big bucks next year because you've used it up extending Finch's, Hindmarsh, B Smith, Lowrie, Cayless and so on

Then Inu and Hayne.

you said

so are you now changing your story :?

and when did we extend Lowrie's deal?

i haven't heard of it

you've also failed to mention the players gone for next year too

And who have we spent big dollars on next year?
Orford, Lyon, Stewart etc etc

Orford alone will be on $477,00 next year. see here

Last edited:

swoop

Juniors
you said

so are you now changing your story :?

and when did we extend Lowrie's deal?

i haven't heard of it

you've also failed to mention the players gone for next year too

Orford, Lyon, Stewart etc etc

Orford alone will be on $477,00 this year. see here

How is that any different to your mob paying big $$ for the likes Finch, Hindmarsh, B Smith, Cayless etc

I read about Lowrie's contract being extended, can't remember where but I'll try to find it

Who did we sign for big dollars in 2008 and 2009?

El Diablo

Post Whore
since when were Finch and Ben Smith on big $$$$$$ :?

and i've already mentioned Orford, Lyon, Watmough and Stewart. you've also paid $150,000 for a bloke yet to play first grade. Kite would also be on a fair bit too

swoop

Juniors
since when were Finch and Ben Smith on big $$$$$$ :?

and i've already mentioned Orford, Lyon, Watmough and Stewart. you've also paid $150,000 for a bloke yet to play first grade. Kite would also be on a fair bit too

Finch was going before you gave Tim Smith the flick. I presume his money was used on Finch. B Smith has been signed til 2012.

Hindmarsh, Cayless, Grothe are on fairly hefty salaries.

And a majority has been spent on Inu, Hayne and Mateo.

How you guys have no room under the cap is beyond me.

Most of our big signing have had their contracts structured so they will fit under the cap. i.e Kite got most of his money in the 1st 2 years of his contract. Orford was paid less last year, big dollars this year and less next year.

You've named 4 or 5 players we have on big dollars the rest are on decent wages.

We might have paid 150k for Williams but if he's as good as you think he is, well we got ourselves a bargain.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Finch was going before you gave Tim Smith the flick. I presume his money was used on Finch. B Smith has been signed til 2012.

Hindmarsh, Cayless, Grothe are on fairly hefty salaries.

And a majority has been spent on Inu, Hayne and Mateo.

How you guys have no room under the cap is beyond me.

Most of our big signing have had their contracts structured so they will fit under the cap. i.e Kite got most of his money in the 1st 2 years of his contract. Orford was paid less last year, big dollars this year and less next year.

You've named 4 or 5 players we have on big dollars the rest are on decent wages.

We might have paid 150k for Williams but if he's as good as you think he is, well we got ourselves a bargain.

you don't have much idea

Orford was getting more last year than this year and next year will be on the same wage. read the article i put the link to

i'd say you have a lot more players on bigger wages than Parra does going off media reports.

quite a few upgrades for many of your players too. plus rep bonuses

swoop

Juniors
you don't have much idea

Orford was getting more last year than this year and next year will be on the same wage. read the article i put the link to

i'd say you have a lot more players on bigger wages than Parra does going off media reports.

Have another read this year he gets the bigger wage of 577k then his final year which is 2009 he gets the 477k. Whether those figures are correct or not is another thing.

Yes, we've upgraded some contracts but we basically had the same team for about 3 years. Some comings and goings but not many big dollar signings over the last 2 years.

We've been looking for a secondrower since Kennedy left and money was put aside for that.

Now are you suggesting we breached the cap?

If you believe the papers Hayne and Inu are on about 350k aren't they?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
you don't have much idea

That is exactly where your argument falls down.

Latest posts