What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sea Eagles Trivia Competition

Being the off season, the forums are a bit slow, so, I decided we should have a trivia competition.

Each correct answer by each forum member will be tallied at the end of the season, and they will be crowned the 2007 Trivia King. :lol:

I'll start us off with an exceptionally easy one.

Q1. What was the score in the 1996 Grand Final, and who scored St George's only try?

Best of luck.

chileman

Coach
Well I'll never forget the score as my dad was a Dragons supporter so he copped it for a month.......20-8 , I know Bartrim kicked a couple of goals but not sure off the top of my head who scored the try!

Yes Chileman, thats correct, the score was 20-8 in favour of the mighty Eagles.

HINT: The try was scored in the corner

Yep, thats correct Harold Bishop, it was Nick Zisti.

So atm, scoreboard reads:

Chileman - 1
Harold Bishop - 1

Q2. How many tries did Brett Stewart score in 2006?

All questions will be easy until I find my Sea Eagles Fact Book!

mattyg

Bench
Sea Eagle Scuba said:

Chileman - 1
Harold Bishop - 1

So questions such as Manly's last premiership win won't be coming until you find your fact book ;-). Coz i highly doubt you were alive when it did last happen, and if you were, you were too young to remember :lol:

mattyg said:
So questions such as Manly's last premiership win won't be coming until you find your fact book ;-). Coz i highly doubt you were alive when it did last happen, and if you were, you were too young to remember :lol:

:roll: The last question was on Manly's last premiership win!! ;-) Even so, there will definately be a few questions on our 2006 triumphs over the Bulldogs in Rnd 7 and Rnd 25. How could anybody ever forget?

What were the scores again Matty?

mattyg

Bench
:lol: you should know them better than i do. It must have costed you's a fortune to pay the ref for round 25 though.

Duffman

Juniors
Sea Eagle Scuba said:

Chileman - 1
Harold Bishop - 1

Brett Stewart scored 21 tries i think.

That'd be correct Brett! The only one ahead of him was Nathan Merritt (Souths) who scored 23.

Scoreboard:

Chileman - 1
Harold Bishop - 1
Brett128 - 1

Q3. What position did Manly come in their first year in 1947?

effnic

Bench
Ahhhh yes manly and parra came into the comp same year there were 10 teams manly came second last (9th) and still managed to beat parra can anyone guess where parra came ahahahhahahhahah.

Also some more trivia for ya guess who manlys first ever win was against, yes thats right parramatta. Sat May 31: Sea Eagles 15 d. Eels 7 1947. Dont worry parra fans your first ever win was right after round 9 Sat Jun 21: Eels 13 d. Wests 8.

You basically answered my next question in your answer.... it was going to be:

Who won the wooden spoon that year, but since we already know the answer to that, my next question:

Q4. Who was Manly's premiership winning coach in 1972?

Updated Scoreboard:

Brett128 - 1
Chileman - 1
Harold Bishop - 1
Effnic - 1

tick.gif

Thats correct Cliffy. Ron Willy coached Manly in 1962 and then again in the period between 1970-1974.

Updated Scoreboard:
Brett128 - 1
CliffyisGod - 1
Effnic - 1
Harold Bishop - 1
Chileman - 1

Next Question: How many first grade games did Graham Eadie play for Manly?[/LEFT]

chileman

Coach
That one I do know as I enjoyed his own website and was checking it out recently......233 games!
Career

Manly 1971-1983: 233 games, 1,917 points (71 tries, 847 goals, 3 field goals)
Australia 1973-1979: 12 Tests, 16 points (2 tries, 5 goals)

http://www.grahameadie.com.au/?D=25