What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season ‘22

stryker

First Grade
Hmm thanks Vic , bit strange to not be at the game watching his team mates even if he wasn't required to play. Seen the entire Roosters playing group there. I guess that's the difference between us and a professional side unfortunately . I understand it may have been a family thing but you have to make sacrifices sometimes in sport for the benefit of the team. Just my thoughts 🤔
I think Laurie is a lollipoper mate and I couldn’t care less if the skinny little piece of shit never wore our jumper again.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm absolutely thrilled by that result. We always pump teams in the trials then have a shithouse season. Maybe this is where we turn it around and play shit in trials and have a good season.

This is clearly an omen that the Tigers are getting better.

I'm not being sarcastic

stryker

First Grade
I'm absolutely thrilled by that result. We always pump teams in the trials then have a shithouse season. Maybe this is where we turn it around and play shit in trials and have a good season.

This is clearly an omen that the Tigers are getting better.

I'm not being sarcastic
Lol need a bit better bait.

Maxxn99

Juniors
One thing that remained the same for 2022 was getting hammered in the penalty and 6 again calls.
Do we still have the badge in our corner?
if so he’s not making much of a difference with the penalty/ 6 again calls with us.

Vozzy

Juniors
I'm only judging the first half but it was a bit of Deja Vu where we were competative against a team that had the games best player out there. We were pretty even. Had 2 disallowed tries. Then we were attacking with 1.30min left and Madden put a shit kick straight to the winger. Then Turbo turns it into them scoring right on halftime with bad clocking off habits that take any momentum and all the effort they put in go to waste.

First 10 min and last 5 mins of 1st halves we start with no speed and then clock off so teams score first against us sometimes twice and go into the break with the momentum. But there is a 25min period we are on top.

Maxxn99

Juniors
I'm only judging the first half but it was a bit of Deja Vu where we were competative against a team that had the games best player out there. We were pretty even. Had 2 disallowed tries. Then we were attacking with 1.30min left and Madden put a shit kick straight to the winger. Then Turbo turns it into them scoring right on halftime with bad clocking off habits that take any momentum and all the effort they put in go to waste.

First 10 min and last 5 mins of 1st halves we start with no speed and then clock off so teams score first against us sometimes twice and go into the break with the momentum. But there is a 25min period we are on top.
Nope we were never on top in that game…. Maybe in the grind more like it. Our edges are our big problem, has been for many years now. Attacking wise Peachey is going to be good for us. But at the end of the day our defence and discipline have to improve 2 fold.

WA Tiger

Bench
We were parked down their end for a bit.. I’m pretty sure I saw panick in the manlys forwards eyes when setting for the scrum? That’s good enough for me.

Why not try Peachy at 6. After all it’s only a fkn trial. Madge has a problem dropping players on the spot for fear( there’s that word again) of that player losing confidence or for fear that he has made a bad choice at 6 in the first place or It may not work and then he will look even more stupid..…fkn wuss Madge ..and I thought he was tough!!

Ive decided that Sheens prob doesn’t jump in and tell Madge what players he would like to play…The reason? Madge needs to sink on his own decisions and methods….Sheens just needs to watch, listen, give advice to Madge if it’s asked of him (which isn’t likely to happen) and when the time is right, recommend a replacement coach because of what Madge has done on his own, to create multiple losses in the most embarrassing fashion ….

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Nope we were never on top in that game…. Maybe in the grind more like it. Our edges are our big problem, has been for many years now. Attacking wise Peachey is going to be good for us. But at the end of the day our defence and discipline have to improve 2 fold.
Of the numerous things that piss me off about our pathetic team the one that bugs me the most is the chronic challenges re defense.It’s inexcusable that we can’t learn the fundamentals of & commit to defending stoutly for 80 mins per week.The only period weve defended admirably was early in the coaching stint of the pissant Cleary.These weak pricks should be having to do massive extras at training until they learn to defend.I’d be making them do defence/tackling drills under lights at the 8th wonder at midnight.

Maxxn99

Juniors
Of the numerous things that piss me off about our pathetic team the one that bugs me the most is the chronic challenges re defense.It’s inexcusable that we can’t learn the fundamentals of & commit to defending stoutly for 80 mins per week.The only period weve defended admirably was early in the coaching stint of the pissant Cleary.These weak pricks should be having to do massive extras at training until they learn to defend.I’d be making them do defence/tackling drills under lights at the 8th wonder at midnight.
Don’t think the brahs would like that.

macnaz

Staff member
Do we still have the badge in our corner?
if so he’s not making much of a difference with the penalty/ 6 again calls with us.
As far as im aware. Unfortunately all he can do is teach US to play within the rules but he cant control the refs not penalising the opposition for identical infringements we get pinged for. It seems like we are offside a few times and get called out , the other sides seem to do it far more yet go untouched

@Tigerm has nailed it.

Twas little more than a playful romp and match fitness.

The no dangerous play pact was stoutly observed and we saw a great half-effort from both sides.

As a learning exercise, I think we got a lot more out of it to refine and improve upon than Desmond.

No one was actually interested in winning, it was the journey, not the destination.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade

That period where we are on top is where we need to capitalise and score points.
If you are on top, you score tries. Not us.

Perth Tiger

Bench
The things I took out of it.

Tuliagi looked like a first grader and will compete for a starting spot (unless we have let him sign elsewhere)
Gildart looked good in defence but saw no ball in attack. Given all our injuries he is a starter
Pauga is terrible. First try was his lazy defence. Second try he couldn't be bothered getting back to the line after the 40/20 and went down for treatment 30 metres behind play. Showed terrible footy IQ to not at least get to the line and hold up play. Try scored in his spot. If he is playing first grade we are in trouble. The other options all looked just as bad.
We can compete and grind with teams at times but we lack anyone who can change momentum. Once DCE put in that 40/20 heads dropped as usual.
Third try was lazy marker play by Mikaele. Bad signs if he is having lazy reads 5/10 minutes into the first game. We will always be let down by individuals being lazy/bad decisions at key points.

Don't care about the second half as most wont play first grade.

This year looks more of the same. We will compete for parts of games and string together sections of the season where we put some good performances together. But they will not be enough to get to the 8 unless Hastings is out of this world good.