What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season ‘22

WA Tiger

Bench
Just checked out the highlights for Dillon. He sees the field fast, he’s got a step and he’s fast …there’s not much more required to have an impact in attack, except handling the step up of course. I’ll be looking out for him Toa,Gildart, Roberts but especially Peachy..and Rua if he plays..

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Just checked out the highlights for Dillon. He sees the field fast, he’s got a step and he’s fast …there’s not much more required to have an impact in attack, except handling the step up of course. I’ll be looking out for him Toa,Gildart, Roberts but especially Peachy..and Rua if he plays..
Won’t surprise me if Dillon leapfrogs DL for the fullback spot in not too distant future.I’m not yet sold on DL as our long term fullback.He has a no. of chinks in armour albeit I’m expecting much improvement this season.Pressure is on everyone to consistently perform at expected high standards of NRL.We can’t afford to continue to be an also - ran any longer.Undoubtedly the Sheenius won’t tolerate mediocrity.That pathetic & gutless effort against dogs in rd 25 can NOT happen again !

Won’t surprise me if Dillon leapfrogs DL for the fullback spot in not too distant future.
Yes it has been a while since a young guy has come through as a Tiger ( well via the Dogs anyway) and spoken about as a future 1st grade fullback, not since a young Tedesco went past Tim Moltzen in the pecking order.

Thought he’d just go quietly by in reserves and still think that will be the case, but all it takes is an injury, then.

Vozzy

Juniors
Da f**k Panthers win the comp and the people running club whinging about clubs poaching a youngster as if it were the first time it happened. Didn't they poach Martins from us the exact same way.

Anyway I would be happy with more wins then last year and less floggings. Signings are an excuse to me because you should be able to coach players to be better.

9th or 10th is a pass for me but aim should always be top 4. That's the mind set the boys had in 2005. There is young talent here just unleash them for f**k sakes.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
uh oh. Just heard Peachy say we will learn from that. Didn't even make it to round one before that wonderful uplifting sentence was used. I'm tipping the Tigers season is over already. Quickest season ever. Will Madge be sacked before round 9 or will we extend is contract another 2 years?

WA Tiger

Bench
And I heard Tamau say when asked what had changed with training he said “Nothing” he said the difference was the players realise it’s up to them. Oh dear..Is that the new strategy.. …Why wasn’t peachy at least tried at 6. Why hasn’t Tuki simpkins been a regular…Even I could see Tuilagi had something last year. Why did he only get 5 games off the bench now he’s off to manly.(if it’s true) The most positive thing is that Madge is one game closer to being dropped..Surely from now on multiple losses can’t be glossed over.

WA Tiger

Bench
Madge has always been scared to try anything new on the fly. That fear seems to lurk around the halves.. Nice bullet pass from Dillon to Nofo for Nofos disallowed try. No fear there. And the other new boy Ruas effort for the other one. At least he tried for a long range repeat set kick..too much wind tho

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tough night with terrible conditions. I thought we were alright in the first half. Only had 1 set in the first 9 mins. Manlys first try was disappointing as it was that slide on the line shit again, mainly Paugas fault who will be like 4th choice centre.

Our attack looked ok in Parts. Halves were regularly swapping sides and I liked what Peachey added at 13. Dillon was dangerous on those link plays, probably more so then Laurie, he is extremely quick. Our 5th tackle plays are still complete trash though.

Manly had a full strength pack and we matched them. Tamou even had a crack. Leilua and Tuilagi went well. Twal was great off the bench.

It was 4 all for about 20 mins and I thought we were probably the better side. Then DCE kicked a brilliant 40/20 and Manly went Bang bang to lead 12-4 at halftime. That’s the difference, we don’t have that class.

Gildart & Toa didn’t get much ball so hard to judge. Toa had some strong carries and was willing. Played left wing then right centre.

Second half was horrible footy, it felt like we hardly had the ball and I doubt we had more then 2 sets out of our half. Apart from Rua all the kids were ordinary. Ogden isn’t a fullback, dropped at least 3 bombs. Freebairn, Kei and Tapirari are Ron Massey at best. No idea why they even played. We had the Flegg 5/8 Stevonovic on the bench the whole game yet played Tapaire? Weird

Seyfarth tried hard but isn’t an edge. Tuki on the edge was intersting, pretty sure he offloaded every single hit up. Musgrove played most of the second half and was very poor, especially considering most others on the field we’re nsw cup/Flegg players. Jnr Tupou was soft as shit, he might be talented but looked like he hated the collision, probably a reason he played rugby the last 2 years. Rua was excellent, you can see why the Brandon Smith comparisons have been made, he’ll fill out more too.

Overall I probably saw what I expected. Hopefully next week Laurie, Hastings and Simpkin all play.

Vozzy

Juniors
Madden hasn't made the most of any opportunity. If the bloke was going to be a long term prospect he needs to step up. Especially with Brooks on a last chance.

Our back row looked good. Our line speed still lacked again at times. The try on halftime still showed the same clocking off as usual. It came after we were attacking their line as well.

Wizardman

First Grade
Tough night with terrible conditions. I thought we were alright in the first half. Only had 1 set in the first 9 mins. Manlys first try was disappointing as it was that slide on the line shit again, mainly Paugas fault who will be like 4th choice centre.

Our attack looked ok in Parts. Halves were regularly swapping sides and I liked what Peachey added at 13. Dillon was dangerous on those link plays, probably more so then Laurie, he is extremely quick. Our 5th tackle plays are still complete trash though.

Manly had a full strength pack and we matched them. Tamou even had a crack. Leilua and Tuilagi went well. Twal was great off the bench.

It was 4 all for about 20 mins and I thought we were probably the better side. Then DCE kicked a brilliant 40/20 and Manly went Bang bang to lead 12-4 at halftime. That’s the difference, we don’t have that class.

Gildart & Toa didn’t get much ball so hard to judge. Toa had some strong carries and was willing. Played left wing then right centre.

Second half was horrible footy, it felt like we hardly had the ball and I doubt we had more then 2 sets out of our half. Apart from Rua all the kids were ordinary. Ogden isn’t a fullback, dropped at least 3 bombs. Freebairn, Kei and Tapirari are Ron Massey at best. No idea why they even played. We had the Flegg 5/8 Stevonovic on the bench the whole game yet played Tapaire? Weird

Seyfarth tried hard but isn’t an edge. Tuki on the edge was intersting, pretty sure he offloaded every single hit up. Musgrove played most of the second half and was very poor, especially considering most others on the field we’re nsw cup/Flegg players. Jnr Tupou was soft as shit, he might be talented but looked like he hated the collision, probably a reason he played rugby the last 2 years. Rua was excellent, you can see why the Brandon Smith comparisons have been made, he’ll fill out more too.

Overall I probably saw what I expected. Hopefully next week Laurie, Hastings and Simpkin all play.
The net is full of our club been thoughtlessly bagged after tonights performance but your review absolutely nailed my thoughts. It was the first run these guys had in a LONG time and our first graders only played the first half in which I'd give our guys a pass mark. Apart from the first set of six Manly had and when DCE turned the game, I thought we were the much better side. We defended well and made Tommy T look like Clark Kent.

While our attack was not A+, I can definitely see some potential in the way Peachey chimed in. He played with great enthusiasm and was not in the way of the halves....I think he is going to take a lot of pressure off Brooks and Hastings. Peachey's input was the most encouraging thing about the match.

Logan Dillon.....amazing pace off the mark. I hope we develops well. He is very raw and not first grade ready.....but he definitely has some potential.

Our depth was the biggest negative of the night. We do not have much and what was there was out enthused and outplayed. Once again, I know it was a trial but I certainly expected more from guys who are battling for a first grade career. We are stuffed with any injury crisis......we need a lucky year in that area.

I am no stranger to giving this club a kick up the ass when they deserve it......this game is not one of those games guys.

Wizardman

First Grade
Madden hasn't made the most of any opportunity. If the bloke was going to be a long term prospect he needs to step up. Especially with Brooks on a last chance.

Our back row looked good. Our line speed still lacked again at times. The try on halftime still showed the same clocking off as usual. It came after we were attacking their line as well.
The jury is still out on Madden. No NSW Cup has certainly hurt him. This year is certainly a year where we need to see good growth from him.

WA Tiger

Bench
I thought the turning point of the game was when Stefano had the ball stripped and no challenge from Tamau… He saved that challenge for a dropped ball by “I thought it was a caught ball if it only touched the ground a little bit” Ogden? I think it was …Maybe Tamau was off the field for that one

Latest posts