What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024

Tigerm

First Grade
Did you really think we were going to be better than the teams above us.
I think we are going alright considering a lot of guys are developing.
Next year grasshopper. We should see an improvement after another offseason to iron some bumps out and with a sprinkling of good new players we should make the 8.
If we can retain players like the Ute we'll do well, apparently Fafita is talking to the Panthers so they may leave our big boy alone.
We've been saying that for over a decade.
We've shown, we are capable, just not willing, to do it every week.
On paper, we don't have a bad roster. Yes, we've had injuries, but so has every club.

Nutz

Bench
We've been saying that for over a decade.
We've shown, we are capable, just not willing, to do it every week.
On paper, we don't have a bad roster. Yes, we've had injuries, but so has every club.
Our roster has been crap for at least 10 years.
Who were the halves...crap.
This year we are a patch job.
Next year, providing Luai and Galvin can get the combos going we should go alright.
Apart from Pole and Stefano our forwards are not up to it physically this year imo, however the forwads can improve if we can cut out the brain failures and play for 80mins, that takes time unfortunately.
Madge, Sheens, interim coaches and now Benji creates a topsy turvy environment. Add a new front office as well.
The joint should stabilise now and that will help build for 2025.

glockers

Juniors
I don't think we're going as bad as the last few seasons. The main issue was the lack of possession and bad discipline after halftime vs the dogs. Apart from. That 20 minutes we were in it. We need to learn to string whole games together.

The second issue was getting our of our own end. I blame the outside backs and Bula. Very poor kick returns and second tackle hit ups putting us on the backfoot. This season the return of Tupou would help. Hopefully Bula improves and this is less of an issue with Turuva also helping next year. I hope Lobb comes along too.

Lastly we need to score more with better last tackle options but we know that Galvin is coming along and Luai will be here in 25.

Apart from that it's tweaks to the forward pack as more talent comes through.

Vic Mackey

Referee

TBF, I haven’t watched a lot of cup, but this guy has stood out.
Anyone know anything about him?

Was at the roosters for years, always been impressive in nsw cup but never cracked the top grade. He's a strong running edge forward, for some reason we've been playing him at prop in nsw cup which I dont think suits him.

Tigerm

First Grade

Tigers unearth 130kg beast​

Rusted on Wests Tigers fans that have been keeping a close eye on the junior reps would’ve been excited to see Jordan Miller get his first start in NSW Cup on the weekend. The 19-year-old prop, who stands at 192cm tall and weighs 130kg, was a part of the Magpies’ Harold Matthews premiership-winning team in 2022 — and was the club’s Player of the Year that season.

He moved into the Top 30 this season and has been eased into NSW Cup after starting the year in SG Ball.

Miller had easily his best performance to date which included a try, a linebreak, three tackle busts and 124 running metres, as well as 24 tackles — no misses. He also punched out his highest minutes of the season (35), which is the key area he’s been working on.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench

Tigers unearth 130kg beast​

Rusted on Wests Tigers fans that have been keeping a close eye on the junior reps would’ve been excited to see Jordan Miller get his first start in NSW Cup on the weekend. The 19-year-old prop, who stands at 192cm tall and weighs 130kg, was a part of the Magpies’ Harold Matthews premiership-winning team in 2022 — and was the club’s Player of the Year that season.

He moved into the Top 30 this season and has been eased into NSW Cup after starting the year in SG Ball.

Miller had easily his best performance to date which included a try, a linebreak, three tackle busts and 124 running metres, as well as 24 tackles — no misses. He also punched out his highest minutes of the season (35), which is the key area he’s been working on.
The gap between NRL & lower grades is huge.This kid is far from ready from mixing it with the big boys.Richo will have to b at his conniving best to beat the rorters & dogs to luring a decent middle forward to concord as we desperately need a few.

Tigerm

First Grade
The gap between NRL & lower grades is huge.This kid is far from ready from mixing it with the big boys.Richo will have to b at his conniving best to beat the rorters & dogs to luring a decent middle forward to concord as we desperately need a few.
To be fair, no one said he was moving into FG now.
I think they’ve just signed him up on potential, but still probably at least 3 to 4 years away from the NRL.

Nutz

Bench
Miller is 130kg of which 20kg is lard. He only plays in short burst in lower grades.
If he is to play first grade he's got to get a lot fitter.
To be fair on the lad he was injured but I dont except a big gut unless he's got an ab injury.
When you see him play, compare his legs to The Utes rock thighs.... that's where he has to get to imo.

Vic Mackey

Referee
@Vic Mackey
Hey mate, how are they hangin? Haven't chatted for a while.
What's the scoop for us, any gos?

hey mate all good thanks. no goss unfortunately.

tbh the club has kinda killed my enthusiasm over the last 3-4 years. i still watch our games but these days pay more attention to the lower grades then nrl. i also work saturdays so miss the 3pm games, which seems to be a godsend atm haha.

i also feel the standard the officiating has made games harder to watch then ever. so many games get effected by a ridiculous call, i get extremely frustrated even when its a game i dont care about.

Nutz

Bench
hey mate all good thanks. no goss unfortunately.

tbh the club has kinda killed my enthusiasm over the last 3-4 years. i still watch our games but these days pay more attention to the lower grades then nrl. i also work saturdays so miss the 3pm games, which seems to be a godsend atm haha.

i also feel the standard the officiating has made games harder to watch then ever. so many games get effected by a ridiculous call, i get extremely frustrated even when its a game i dont care about.
That's no good mate. I thought you'd have a scoop like "the Ute's actually a girl in disguise" or you've won lotto. Anything will do as I'm bored shiteless ;)