What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Final Football Here on in!

mickeylane

Bench
shoot me down if you want as I did say that we are going to roll into the semis as one of the form teams but for whatever reasons we realised an undeserved loss against the Knights.

I'm stiill very confident that we will make the semis and end up at best in the top 6 or at least in positions 7 or 8.

Redeeming features of our game cannot be ignored - againstt the Knights we had 20 2nd phase offloads vs the Knights 1!!!

We are the leading team in the NRL in 2nd phase offloads and the leading team in gaining metreage over a game at 1626m during our sets.. You can't ignore these stats! Premierships are built on these stats that our team are achieving!

The problem we have now is converting the great work we are producing - we DO have the most damaging and productive forward pack in the league fact!

We all saw the damaging runs that Frizell, Ah Mau, JDB, Simms , Vaughan were unleashing yesterday - we were making massive metres for fun each play..we were robbed 2 clear tries which no team in the NRL can afford to be robbed and be expected to go and and win!

My thoughts are simple from here on in - EVERY GAME WE play now is a semi final w a mini grand final looming against Panthers in Rd 25 where undoubtedly our fate will be decided ..

When we get through the next 6 games we would have played 6 pressure cooker games of massive importance w no room for error heading into the semis ... We would be battle hardened for the first semi final irrespective who the opponent is and its this preparation that I think will hold our team in good stead during the semis.. We get to the semis and trust me our team will feel almost invincible and on top of their game.. We fail ? Well we just weren't good enough which I don't believe is the case.. Especially for a team that has been sitting in the top 8 from Rd 1!!!
Don't give up motherf**kers!!

Crush

Coach
Mickeylane, you bounce back very quickly. I need a few more days until I can trick myself into believing we are contenders.
20 2nd phase offloads was about 10 too many btw. All we needed to do yesterday was show patience. We would have got over them if we completed sets and widdop mixed up his 5th tackle options.
Admire your positive outlook though mate.

Life's Good

Coach
shoot me down if you want as I did say that we are going to roll into the semis as one of the form teams but for whatever reasons we realised an undeserved loss against the Knights.

I'm stiill very confident that we will make the semis and end up at best in the top 6 or at least in positions 7 or 8.

Redeeming features of our game cannot be ignored - againstt the Knights we had 20 2nd phase offloads vs the Knights 1!!!

We are the leading team in the NRL in 2nd phase offloads and the leading team in gaining metreage over a game at 1626m during our sets.. You can't ignore these stats! Premierships are built on these stats that our team are achieving!

The problem we have now is converting the great work we are producing - we DO have the most damaging and productive forward pack in the league fact!

We all saw the damaging runs that Frizell, Ah Mau, JDB, Simms , Vaughan were unleashing yesterday - we were making massive metres for fun each play..we were robbed 2 clear tries which no team in the NRL can afford to be robbed and be expected to go and and win!

My thoughts are simple from here on in - EVERY GAME WE play now is a semi final w a mini grand final looming against Panthers in Rd 25 where undoubtedly our fate will be decided ..

When we get through the next 6 games we would have played 6 pressure cooker games of massive importance w no room for error heading into the semis ... We would be battle hardened for the first semi final irrespective who the opponent is and its this preparation that I think will hold our team in good stead during the semis.. We get to the semis and trust me our team will feel almost invincible and on top of their game.. We fail ? Well we just weren't good enough which I don't believe is the case.. Especially for a team that has been sitting in the top 8 from Rd 1!!!
Don't give up motherf**kers!!

Like you're enthusiasm but I stopped reading after 'undeserved loss'. We got exactly what we deserved irrespective of some poor refereeing decisions.
Line breaks, plenty of metres, field position & offloads all came easy yet we pushed impossible passes, showed no patience and did not respect the opposition. With that sort of play we will be a speed bump if we somehow make the 8.

smi962

First Grade
Was our problem last year too. Good metreage (although not the best in the comp) but without the halves to exploit it and stupid plays when the game is on the line.

thebigredv

First Grade
Yes, Paul McGregor is going to wait til the last 6 rounds and then 4 straight finals matches to have us firing. Yes, this makes perfect sense after yesterday. Why didn't I think of this sooner?!

Oh, and will Alex Johnston be playing for the Rabbits or us next week, I am confused. And is there any truth to the rumour that Kim Jon-un will be backing us financially next year in collaboration with the Tooth Fairy? These are all exciting revelations.

The first stage is denial...

mickeylane

Bench
Yes, Paul McGregor is going to wait til the last 6 rounds and then 4 straight finals matches to have us firing. Yes, this makes perfect sense after yesterday. Why didn't I think of this sooner?!

Oh, and will Alex Johnston be playing for the Rabbits or us next week, I am confused. And is there any truth to the rumour that Kim Jon-un will be backing us financially next year in collaboration with the Tooth Fairy? These are all exciting revelations.

The first stage is denial...
Then my advice to you is simple -
Don't watch the games anymore this year and avoid reading the news.. Stats don't lie mate .. We are a leading team on 2 of the 4 mist important stats in winning the league - Theres a fine line of winning and losing in our case.. I'm very confident we will be in the semis !

thebigredv

First Grade
Don't watch the games anymore this year and avoid reading the news.. Stats don't lie mate .. We are a leading team on 2 of the 4 mist important stats in winning the league - Theres a fine line of winning and losing in our case.. I'm very confident we will be in the semis !

The most important stats are win/loss.

getsmarty

Immortal
I love your optimism Mickey. There is always hope but I just cannot get past the fact that we are Consistently Inconsistent. I.M.H.O therein lies the problem. Teams that are challenging for the title know how to win ugly. We just don't have the killer instinct in us and in reality I cannot see anything changing with the current coach and Board.

Paul McGregor has been in charge since midway through 2014 and the reality is (Based on what we have seen in the last 3 years ) he cannot get the team up in the tight games. We will never win a comp with him in charge. If, we make the 8 , we will only be making up the numbers and the Board will herald this year as a rousing success. If we miss out on the 8, they will form a review committee and sack some assistant to make it look like change and accountability has taken place.

In regards to yesterdays game, Yes we did get some bad calls but it was 14 all with the game there for the taking and we couldn't put the game to bed against a side that will most likely end up with the wooden spoon.

Excuses and deflection are always made by people ( Coaches & Board ) so that they will never be made accountable. I Love the Red V. and have supported the team for decades. It pains me to say this but
missing out on the 8 after such a great start to the year will leave the board with Egg on their faces and in the long run we need to see change because they are happy with the status quo.

I don't want to wait another 30 years to see us win another title...

Dragon for life

Juniors
Mate, we don't deserve to be there! Yes we have the best forward pack in the comp, agree. Doesn't mean shite when you have the worst attacking brains in the league. Second man, second man etc. no f**king variety whatso ever. The good teams will smash us, as Melbourne did earlier in the comp.

Old Timer

Coach
The position on the ladder doesn't lie we were 1st, we are now 8th and sinking lower week by week.
All the stats in the world count for little if you don't win and bank the 2 points.
We just lost to a team who had won up till now 3 games in 2 years and there is no getting away from the fact that is piss poor and totally unacceptable.
Some people saying "well the Knights have been building" FFS what a piss poor analysis that is, they were building what the f**k were we doing and TBH that's all the matters "what we do" and in the 2nd half of the season it has been abysmal.
Finally love it how you take exception to OV and don't accept his apology and here you are telling people not to watch or follow netball wake up to your self and accept the fact that we have a shit coach and we will always look like this whilst Mc Fookknuckle is at the club.
The stats you quote are the very reason why he keeps his job and that is the very reason we don't look like winning the comp.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Love your optimism mate but after yesterday i think we are done.
We will struggle to make it from here i reckon. We are just way too inconsistent and our game plan has too many errors in it. It only comes off occasionally and thats not good enough in the nrl these days when every team is desperate. We have a great forward pack and thats about it.
Our attacking style is full of just McHopeful offloads.

hewi

Bench
It takes a day to get over a loss. We got bad calls by the ref and the bunker. We are not the only team that has this happen to.
It's time to get pumped for next week. We control our own destiny from now on.
So let's hop on the train and support our team.

Agree, however it's a two way street and the team keeps letting us down!!!

St Georgio

Juniors
They don't have the desire,belief and hunger to make the semi's or go deep into the finals, after the roosters game I would have been content on winning more than 4 games and making the major semi finals and losing to the eventual premiers News Ltd Storm.
Even with Hunt coming next will hang around 8th position, once our assistant coach Mc Fookknuckle is gone then we might see some progress!

1st & 10

Juniors
About 6 weeks out from the semis is when a team should start peaking for sept. Rep games over and combinations have had time to gel

Bench
Every game should be treated as a semi final game. McIdiot needs to stress to the players that any further loss means elimination

Latest posts