What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't being nasty to anybody when i joined or giving it to anybody, a few light hearted silly witch impersonations northing more, its you blokes who feel threatened when anybody is here and invades your little love in, i am tough, thats why im here not copping your nonsense, no need for me to toughed up, just calling out your rudeness and you don't like it do you.

seriously ?

what colour is the sky in your little world

Happy MEel

First Grade
I couldn't give less of a shit what you, or anyone else for that matter, had to say about the "What could have been ladder" thread, but in the interest of adding to this discussion you did post this unprovoked:
Is this really necessary?
Whilst not offensive it could be construed as rude and possibly more unnecessary than the thread itself. If you weren't interested you didn't have to post in it. Anyway, carry on...

Gronk

Staff member
Im glad you put it up, thats a perfect example of you mate, you engaged me, exactly as you've done here, you were arrogant and rude to a completely normal post, that you didn't agree with, if you think that post isn't rude you've got problems, don't attempt to spin it back mate, you're posts reek of an attitude and if you read something you don't agree with you are combative and argumentative, i stated the rugby world cup was better than the RL world cup, you had to answer back with the tone above.
Why would you engage with somebody who made a simple observation with 'whats your point'' and for f**ks sake'' its just rude mate theres no need for it.
Whats very clear is you are a really unhappy person with a permanent carrot up your ass and chip on your shoulder, enjoy that mate.

EDIT: Sorry, I couldn't be bothered.

phantom eel

First Grade
f**k, is this shit still dragging on...? Get back on topic, and stop the whinging about someone's three word reply to your question from days ago!

So, Semi... anyone seen him since Round 26? When's he due in court?

Gronk

Staff member
CvLiZc_WYAA63kq.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
So if, hypothetically, a player (for the purpose of this exercise, lets call him Semi) gets suspended by the Integrity Unit because of an off field incident, perhaps even as a result of a court finding him guilty:-

1. Does the club still have to pay him, and
2. If so, does the club get some sort of cap relief as you might with a merkin going down with a long term ACL or achilles injury ?

strider

Post Whore
My completely uneducated belief is :

1) the club would probably be entitled to terminate the contract cos the player has breached his behaviour agreement ... assuming this hypothetical Semi has done something hypothetically bad

2) I believe it would come off the cap - the remainder to be paid depending on what time of the season it happened

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think there's 'cap relief' for injuries or suspensions. What there is is the opportunity to exceed the second tier cap if it has already been reached and there are insufficient top 25 or second tier players (who have already played that year and thus already count toward the second tier cap) available to field a team. This requires special permission from the NRL on a per game basis.

If Radradra is suspended before the season starts it means we may have to dip into the second tier cap sooner, which might lead to us using up the second tier cap sooner, which could require dispensation to play an extra second tier player later in the year.

So it might mean that we get permission to play Scott Schulte and/or Honeti Tuha late in the season, but only if we've already had an injury crisis causing our second tier cap to fill up.

But obviously if there are grounds for terminating a player with no payout then the only amount he costs your cap is what he's already been paid. With the extra space you could sign someone new or bring a second tier player into the top 25. The balance could be paid to an existing player front loading an extension.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Training is the closest thing they do to work. They should only get paid to do that. Free uniforms and rego should be enough reward for playing a game on the weekend.

Latest posts