What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Senile Wars: Gould vs Griffin

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/191c49b304f7a868e39ec27dcacd374f

DID Penrith supremo Phil Gould give coach Anthony Griffin a spray in the tunnel at half time of last week’s trial game?
That’s the suggestion by nospam47.com.au who has reported Panthers boss Gould said words to the effect of; “this looks like a reserve grade outfit ... fix it”.

The spray came as Griffin and his Penrith players exited up the tunnel at half time of a rather embarrassing 24-10 loss to a second-string Canterbury side.

The Bulldogs fielded a weak side compared to the Panthers, but somehow managed to win comfortably at Belmore Sportsground.

Round 1
NRL 360 co-host Ben Ikin quizzed Penrith stars Trent Merrin and Reagan Campbell-Gillard as to how the loss could possibly happen. The players could only laugh it off.

‘NO PROBLEM’: Players deny revolt at Penrith

MTMyMDE4MXxjeG8uYnxodHRwczovL2Nkbi5uZXdzYXBpLmNvbS5hdS9pbWFnZS92MS9jNmFmOTkzMTU3NjlmNzBlMDM2ZTFiNzJlZDRjZjYzMHwxMzIwMTgx

Anthony Griffin and Phil Gould watch on during the Penrith Panthers training.Source: News Corp Australia
“It was a trial. We’ve got a few things we wanted to work on, a few system changes. Definitely no concerns,” Campbell-Gillard said.

But the loss has compounded a horror few months for the club, which las lost star juniors Matt Moylan and Bryce Cartwright to rival clubs.

The pair had only signed long-term deals with the Panthers last year but were said to have been disgruntled with coach Griffin.

Neither Merrin nor Campbell-Gillard denied that suggestion when speaking on NRL 360.

But they denied there’s a player revolt against the coach.

“There’s no problem. I’m like you I hear a lot around the club, there’s been a lot of chatter around the coaching staff or Hook not getting on with the players but to be very honest there’s nothing wrong at all with the playing group or the coach,” Merrin said.

That's some mighty quick regret you've got there, Phil. You only signed the Chloroform merkin to a 5 year extension not that long ago, and already you're clipping him behind the ears in the tunnel straight after an embarrassing loss (in a trial no less).

Tell us again how much you hate TPA's while your club is third on the list of beneficiaries.

Anyway all in all I'd be pretty happy at this news if I were a Pennies supporter. If it's true, it shows Gould is already at the end of his tether with Griffin, so maybe an early sacking isn't that unlikely and the rebuild can begin.

Lambretta

First Grade
Penrith. More re-builds than Rome

That needs to be on the signage as you enter the suburb

insert.pause

First Grade
Gould is a narcissist & a control freak, the only right way to do something is his way, you ignore him and suddenly you are looking "tired". He is running their training, Hook is basically just a stooge, no wonder the players don't respect him, they know hes not in charge.

Hook has always been useless. Funny that Gus has just realised. :joy:

Of course Gus wants to run the whole show which is why he has chosen all of the coaches at Penrith he has. Rooters early 2000s anyone?

Zerô

Juniors
Gould is a genius.

Panthers not going well? Blame the coach

Panthers winning? My hard work is paying off, you're welcome

Latest posts