What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SG Ball and Harold Matthews results

TheRev

First Grade
Great win by the lads. They thoroughly deserved it. The young Dogs played their GF last week and it showed. Take nothing away from our boys, aa there's some serious talent in that team.

Oh, and didn't someone say Willie Talau couldn't coach. Mmm 🤔
They sure did.. so appreciative they took down the unbeaten roosters.. they gave it to us earlier in the year. Happy days =)

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Just watched the SG ball game. All I can say is wow... there's actually so much talent in that team. Probably more in that team than there was in the 2019 Steelers one to be honest.

Standouts for mine:
- Tyler Peckham-Harris was absolutely insane. Haven't seen a more courageous fullback in ages. It doesn't matter if it was SG Ball, he was dumping blokes twice his size. At any age or level that is impressive. He also has tremendous ball skills and is always everywhere all over the field. Reminds me of CNK/Edwards with the way he plays but has a far more natural ball-playing skillset. His size won't limit him if he keeps going the way he is.

- Loko Pasifiki-Tonga Jr, Stanley-Traill, Finau Latu and Halangahu were all immense. Very strong forwards that showed not only plenty of talent and ability to create second-phase play, but also plenty of aggression and passion that we haven't seen in a Dragons jersey for a long time. Ackers also very mobile for a big fulla

- Jesse Williams. This guy is just a freak. Parra as always stuffing up their juniors pathways system lol

- I know both the halves have got plenty of attention, but I think Tikinau deserves as much credit as Hammoud who I thought was great. Not the fastest but a great player imo.

-Afu is good, but won't be a centre long term in my opinion. Very powerful though.

- The hooker Fagalilo showed plenty of awareness from dummy-half and with the right coaching in my opinion is a very good player. Definitely potential there.

denis preston

First Grade
I love him so much.. hes not in the list with NRL contracts but I love what he does... reminds me of Martin for the Panthers.. runs fast into space
I’d be keeping a close eye on this kid.it’s always a lottery in predicting who will make it or won’t from 17 year old kids but his motor & tenacity will be handy as hi body matures . We don’t have a great record in picking the right players for pathways so hopefully he doesn’t turn out another Stewart.

Just watched the SG ball game. All I can say is wow... there's actually so much talent in that team. Probably more in that team than there was in the 2019 Steelers one to be honest.

Standouts for mine:
- Tyler Peckham-Harris was absolutely insane. Haven't seen a more courageous fullback in ages. It doesn't matter if it was SG Ball, he was dumping blokes twice his size. At any age or level that is impressive. He also has tremendous ball skills and is always everywhere all over the field. Reminds me of CNK/Edwards with the way he plays but has a far more natural ball-playing skillset. His size won't limit him if he keeps going the way he is.

- Loko Pasifiki-Tonga Jr, Stanley-Traill, Finau Latu and Halangahu were all immense. Very strong forwards that showed not only plenty of talent and ability to create second-phase play, but also plenty of aggression and passion that we haven't seen in a Dragons jersey for a long time. Ackers also very mobile for a big fulla

- Jesse Williams. This guy is just a freak. Parra as always stuffing up their juniors pathways system lol

- I know both the halves have got plenty of attention, but I think Tikinau deserves as much credit as Hammoud who I thought was great. Not the fastest but a great player imo.

-Afu is good, but won't be a centre long term in my opinion. Very powerful though.

- The hooker Fagalilo showed plenty of awareness from dummy-half and with the right coaching in my opinion is a very good player. Definitely potential there.
Problem for Tikinau and Hammoud is that the Steelers' halves are also very good.

- Loko Pasifiki-Tonga Jr, Stanley-Traill, Finau Latu and Halangahu were all immense. Very strong forwards that showed not only plenty of talent and ability to create second-phase play, but also plenty of aggression and passion that we haven't seen in a Dragons jersey for a long time.
Ackers
also very mobile for a big fulla- Jesse Williams. This guy is just a freak.
Is imperative we keep those five. Recruitment need to be extending them asap to ward off poaching. If our BOD stuff up this, there will be a fan outcry.

I was feeling the same thing watching these guys go thru their paces. Watch some footage of the relentless forward play during some of our glory years and what our Saints Ball kids produced on Sat was very similar. Kinda excites this old Dragons tragic.

Last edited: