What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks (Round 20)

Travitoh

First Grade
I don't know the team has looked a lot better since Cook has come on.

I'd say it's down to the team as a whole. Farah was making some good metres out of dummy half so in theory, Cook should be a real handful causing them problems but he's thrown the ball away before/on contact to nobody at times. There's been times that the defensive line haven't even tried tackling him like they know he's just going to turn around when he gets to them.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'd say it's down to the team as a whole. Farah was making some good metres out of dummy half so in theory, Cook should be a real handful causing them problems but he's thrown the ball away before/on contact to nobody at times. There's been times that the defensive line haven't even tried tackling him like they know he's just going to turn around when he gets to them.

I see what you're saying but at the same time, Souths middle defence has been a lot better, our footy is more expansive, we use Walker more.. I dunno..

rabbitohs95

Bench
For a team who played in Cairns 5 days ago the boys are giving it a real shake. I'm only really disappointed in Reynolds' touches, they haven't been on point.

Everyone on the team can hold their head high despite the score. Proud of the way the boys came up against the Sharks who have been given the whole Luke Lewis treatment.

The Sharks weren't great but they still showed the difference between a top 8 and a bottom 8 side. We miss that finesse that comes with domination and our forward pack got rolled at times.

Still happy with the effort. Good work boys.

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
So I've had a bad tooth ache, loaded up on pain killers and passed out at the 45th minute. I noticed cook had just come on.

Did he single handedly win us the game when he came on like many in the Cowboys games day thread claimed he would?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
So I've had a bad tooth ache, loaded up on pain killers and passed out at the 45th minute. I noticed cook had just come on.

Did he single handedly win us the game when he came on like many in the Cowboys games day thread claimed he would?

Well cook came on and almost made the game even. Our poor last tackle options is what screwed us in the end. We need two attacking threats not just Reynolds.

rabbitohs95

Bench

Helped us bring the tempo back up but he made some really really dumb mistakes.

That's the funny thing about him and Farah, they lack what the other excels in.

Farah = smarts but slow, Cook = quick but dumb.

I think today was about tempo though and Cook's input (besides stupid mistakes) helped us keep up with the Sharks but at the end of the day some of those dumb decisions got them on the front foot.

Why can't we have Damien Farah or Robbie Cook?

Travitoh

First Grade
For a team who played in Cairns 5 days ago the boys are giving it a real shake. I'm only really disappointed in Reynolds' touches, they haven't been on point.

Everyone on the team can hold their head high despite the score. Proud of the way the boys came up against the Sharks who have been given the whole Luke Lewis treatment.

The Sharks weren't great but they still showed the difference between a top 8 and a bottom 8 side. We miss that finesse that comes with domination and our forward pack got rolled at times.

Still happy with the effort. Good work boys.

I'd agree with a lot of that.
Down by 8 at the 50 minute, we started to control proceedings but lacked composure and threw it away a few times. We really should've come home with a wet sail but just never applied enough pressure to ask questions of their defence

Travitoh

First Grade
Helped us bring the tempo back up but he made some really really dumb mistakes.

That's the funny thing about him and Farah, they lack what the other excels in.

Farah = smarts but slow, Cook = quick but dumb.

I think today was about tempo though and Cook's input (besides stupid mistakes) helped us keep up with the Sharks but at the end of the day some of those dumb decisions got them on the front foot.

Why can't we have Damien Farah or Robbie Cook?

Nailed it.
How long did Segeyaro sign on for at Cronulla? He looked really dangerous at times tonight.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Angus Crichton tonight gentleman,
37 tackles
0 missed tackles
Next best in the game,
Segeyaro 36 tackles

11 tackle breaks
Next best in the game
Sutton 5

3 off loads
Best in the game
Sam 4

104 running metres
0 errors

Never lose this kid!

I'm kind of worried he's going to want to be in a side with a premiership chance..