What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheens says Dragons not up to it

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sheens challenges Dragons

Saturday, 24 September 2005 @ 2:08 PM
sportal.com.au

Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens has questioned whether St George Illawarra will cope with the pressure of being the favourite for Saturday's Preliminary Final between the two sides at Aussie Stadium.

The Tigers have arguably been the best-performed team in the finals following successive convincing wins over North Queensland and Brisbane but Sheens says the Dragons' experience gives them a distinct advantage.

"Nathan would be pretty confident about his team's chances of winning, based on their experience. (National selector) Bob McCarthy is saying eight Dragons players are in line to make the Australian team for the end-of-season tour," Sheens told The Sydney Morning Herald.

"I'm pretty happy with what I've got in my team, but I wouldn't think I'm entitled to be as confident as Nathan would be, based on the player experience levels.

"We're still proving ourselves to ourselves at our club, let alone proving ourselves to everyone else, and I think Nathan's concern would be about making sure his players are mentally prepared."

Sheens says his team has little to lose in the clash, while the Dragons have the added pressure of being expected to triumph.

"He has been saying in the media that the Dragons must give us respect and I can understand that, because if they lose tomorrow night they have under-achieved. If we lose we have already over-achieved, so we don't take any of that sort of baggage into the game.

"There is pressure on us, but it's a different sort of pressure to the pressure the Dragons would be experiencing. The expectations about us are coming just from us. The expectations about the Dragons are coming from most of the league community.

"The good thing for us is that we're getting more experienced with every week we stay alive in the competition. We've had two finals games now and handled them both well, so we'll see how we go this time."

http://ninemsn.sportal.com.au/default.aspx?s=leaguedisplay&id=71710

A tad arrogant?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I just wonder what the overeaction would be if Brown said something like that. lol

Good onya Tim. We'll put that on the wall next to Back Door Benny's comments.

"...we have already over-achieved"
- Tim Sheens

Albinomonkey

Juniors
erm from the first bold bit: "Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens has questioned whether St George Illawarra will cope with the pressure"

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"Tim Sheens has questioned whether St George Illawarra will cope with the pressure..."

I put in bold for tadpoles like you.

nqboy

First Grade
And I'll put it in bold for you - You're PATHETIC

I'd call you paranoid, but everyone is against you.

nqboy

First Grade
Albinomonkey said:
erm from the first bold bit: "Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens has questioned whether St George Illawarra will cope with the pressure"
So, let's see, we take half a sentence, twist it a bit, sprinkle liberally with bias, add some words he never said and, Hey Presto, we have the thread title.

Willow said:
I put in bold for tadpoles like you.
Your arrogance is exceeded only by your stupidity.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
nqboy said:
So, let's see, we take half a sentence, twist it a bit, sprinkle liberally with bias, add some words he never said and, Hey Presto, we have the thread title.

Your arrogance is exceeded only by your stupidity.
:lol: My what an angry ant.

fishing-rod-clock.jpg

nqboy

First Grade
Willow, you're trolling, the last refuge of the clueless who can't argue with facts and can't back up their hysterical false assertions.

But then I've come to expect nothing better from you.

hotsnow

Juniors
If he wanted to troll he'd put it in the NRL forum like the supporters of other teams have regarding the apparent arrogance of Barrett and Daley.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm trolling? :lol: Sez the wannabe redneck who is hi-jacking a thread with petty insults and woeful dramatics.

No mate, I'm making a post about the game and doing a spot of fishing on the side. Your 'contributions' have wrecked what could have developed into a reasonable discussion.

Weren't you the kiddie who went on a multi-forum crusade because someone didn't deliver quick enough on an avatar bet? Yes... you're the one! LOL
We were taking our own bets as to when you'd spontaneously combust.

Looks like you just can't handle differing opinions... FNQ kooks like you are a dime a dozen.

Friendly word of advice... its only the internet. Don't take it so seriously.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Which part MrSharky?
The bit about questioning whether Saints can cope with the pressure?
Or the bit about Wests Tigers having already over-achieved?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Fair enough.

I understand the gamesmanship of the first one, but I thought the second one was a misquote when I first read it.

MrSharky

Juniors
He's speaking from the point-of-view of a supporter rather than a coach... which makes the second one not a misquote, but rather a realistic observation... ;-)

icon6.gif

Eelectrica

Referee
Sorry in advance for trolling but the title caught my eye.

It's a surprising thing for thing for Sheens to say. Many Dragons have played SOO and have handled the pressure that goes with it. I'd imagine that would be a similar kind of pressure to a knock out final.

I don't think the Dragons will have any problems handling the pressure as many of them have already been there, done that and proven they can handle it. If they are beaten it will be because the Tigers have played one hell of a game of football.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Willow said:
Sheens challenges Dragons

Saturday, 24 September 2005 @ 2:08 PM
sportal.com.au

Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens has questioned whether St George Illawarra will cope with the pressure of being the favourite for Saturday's Preliminary Final between the two sides at Aussie Stadium.

The Tigers have arguably been the best-performed team in the finals following successive convincing wins over North Queensland and Brisbane but Sheens says the Dragons' experience gives them a distinct advantage.

"Nathan would be pretty confident about his team's chances of winning, based on their experience. (National selector) Bob McCarthy is saying eight Dragons players are in line to make the Australian team for the end-of-season tour," Sheens told The Sydney Morning Herald.

"I'm pretty happy with what I've got in my team, but I wouldn't think I'm entitled to be as confident as Nathan would be, based on the player experience levels.

"We're still proving ourselves to ourselves at our club, let alone proving ourselves to everyone else, and I think Nathan's concern would be about making sure his players are mentally prepared."

Sheens says his team has little to lose in the clash, while the Dragons have the added pressure of being expected to triumph.

"He has been saying in the media that the Dragons must give us respect and I can understand that, because if they lose tomorrow night they have under-achieved. If we lose we have already over-achieved, so we don't take any of that sort of baggage into the game.

"There is pressure on us, but it's a different sort of pressure to the pressure the Dragons would be experiencing. The expectations about us are coming just from us. The expectations about the Dragons are coming from most of the league community.

"The good thing for us is that we're getting more experienced with every week we stay alive in the competition. We've had two finals games now and handled them both well, so we'll see how we go this time."

http://ninemsn.sportal.com.au/default.aspx?s=leaguedisplay&id=71710

A tad arrogant?

Yeah but A LOT correct!!! :)