What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should St George Illawarra end their joint venture?

Should St George Illawarra end their joint venture?

• Total voters

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Dont bank on WIN being your saviour, the Gordons/WIN have been fostering the nepotism for years.
Out of curiosity, how is it that from a single board position and minority shareholding they were able to do this?

J.moz

Juniors
St george leagues was close to buying out the Illawarra half before wincorp jumped in and saved the merger .Win has been on the board with gordon son for years nothing has changed only having games still playing at Wollongong. St.george leagues have millions and are trading well always have been compared to other Sydney clubs.Illawarra steelers club has been now funded by wincorp to be still operating also have a office that they work out of.

Carlton

Juniors
Out of curiosity, how is it that from a single board position and minority shareholding they were able to do this?

Yeah makes you wonder, doesn't it?

I can think of at least one way but, I'm not going to say it on a public forum.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yeah makes you wonder, doesn't it?

I can think of at least one way but, I'm not going to say it on a public forum.
So, just a hypothesis then..

You should probably mention that rather than making your statement as if it was fact..

Carlton

Juniors
So, just a hypothesis then..

You should probably mention that rather than making your statement as if it was fact..

What statement isnt fact?

No hypothesis here its just certain laws mean you cant speak even when its the truth without risking the law being used against you.

All that aside Muzby, why dont you openly and honestly tell us what your ties with Illawarra RLFC and WIN and the Gordons are?

Its more than just being an Illawarra supporter isnt it?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I’d say at least a decade before WIN acquires the remaining 3 seats on the board. Then we will finally be able to rid ourselves of Johnston and hire a CEO that is not an ex Kogarah boy. The new CEO’s first move should be to get rid of the old boys club. Next they should completely disassociate with St George Leagues club, to eliminate the likelihood of nepotism creeping back into the culture. Finally they should play all games out of WIN stadium, as it is a better stadium and has better facilities, higher crowd averages and is lower cost to play out of than Kogarah. The Dragons brand should be retained, because it’s iconic and has 16 premierships associated with it. The club’s head quarters must then be based out of Wollongong as it should have always been as the chief supplier of players and given all games are likely to be played there. They should keep St George juniors as a feeder club because it has produced the very occasional gem, despite the fact it’s given us Jacob Host. But there should be basic KPI’s set on feeder clubs to produce at least 1 first grader every 3 years or they will be cut away. Finally, the club can drop the St George monicker and become the Illawarra Dragons as recognition that the bulk of funding, players and supporters come from the region, and besides Kogarah has always been, albeit small, a part of the greater Illawarra area. After all what’s a river and a national park between friends?

At 1.52pm today (7/8/19), this is...so far...the funniest thing I’ve read today.

Thank you :joy:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
This one:
Dont bank on WIN being your saviour, the Gordons/WIN have been fostering the nepotism for years.

If it’s not a fact, you’re still leaving yourself open for slander there..
No hypothesis here its just certain laws mean you cant speak even when its the truth without risking the law being used against you.
You could always be a whistleblower if you have inside information..

You’d be a hero to many!

All that aside Muzby, why dont you openly and honestly tell us what your ties with Illawarra RLFC and WIN and the Gordons are?

What is it with you and your conspiracy theories? WIN’s been puppeteering the Dragons for years. I have links to the Gordons. Next you’ll be saying Mary is a good coach.

Just because I can see what we need to secure our future and am sick of the deluded fans we have who can’t see their own mess so think the problem is all Illawarra’s fault, why does that mean I have links to anyone?

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to catch a plane to Bermuda.

Carlton

Juniors
This one:

You’d be a hero to many!

What is it with you and your conspiracy theories? WIN’s been puppeteering the Dragons for years. I have links to the Gordons. Next you’ll be saying Mary is a good coach.

Just because I can see what we need to secure our future and am sick of the deluded fans we have who can’t see their own mess so think the problem is all Illawarra’s fault, why does that mean I have links to anyone?

Come on Muzby own up, who employs you?

Are you related to anyone connected with Illawarra?

Tell us what your connection with Illawarra RLFC, the Gordons or WIN are. Stop being shy and out yourself.

possm

Coach

You give Muzby too much credit. He is just a stirrer and writes just to get a reaction.

For goodness sakes the whole reason why WIN is our partner is because Doust and his old boy buddies wanted it so. WIN had to agree to all of the shonky deals to get the Board and the old boys to agree to a sale of the Illawarra shares at a price below market value. There was already a better offer on the table.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You give Muzby too much credit. He is just a stirrer and writes just to get a reaction.
You make me sound like a journalist from the Daily Telegraph..

But I also write biographies, cookbooks and erotic fiction..

For goodness sakes the whole reason why WIN is our partner is because Doust and his old boy buddies wanted it so. WIN had to agree to all of the shonky deals to get the Board and the old boys to agree to a sale of the Illawarra shares at a price below market value. There was already a better offer on the table.
You do realise that with a joint venture, the shareholders own the JV, and not the other way around..

But even if your story was remotely plausible, given the Steelers side of the board was flushed out it further highlights that the problem and all the “shonky deals” sits with the St George side of the JV..

ALSGI

Bench
I used to go for the Saints but I'm happy with the merger and don't think either team would exist if not for it. Traditionally Dragons got a lot of players from the Illawarra before the steelers existed, along with the Cronulla area. There are too many Sydney teams as is. Dragons should be basically the whole southern part of Sydney, ie Cronulla, St George and the south coast down to at least Batemans Bay which would be Raiders territory, along with country inland NSW around Canberra.
Well said.

Carlton

Juniors

Let him tell us honestly what his relationship with Illawarra RLFC, WIN and the Gordons is.

But you know what we'll get? Deflection, he will continue to try to avoid answering the question.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Let him tell us honestly what his relationship with Illawarra RLFC, WIN and the Gordons is.

But you know what we'll get? Deflection, he will continue to try to avoid answering the question.
I have no relationship with them whatsoever..

Why is everything a conspiracy to you?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
This one:

You’d be a hero to many!

Coughs...libel not slander.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I have no relationship with them whatsoever..

Why is everything a conspiracy to you?

Earlier, you wrote you had “links” with the Gordons. Now, you have “no relationship whatsoever”.

Do you have any clue to the dribble you espouse on a top frequent basis?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Two key points and one rudimentary question:

1. a single board position

2. minority shareholding (precluding the Illawarra Steelers).

3. given the above, how can SGI retain its joint venture status?

No “argument” has been during the making of this post.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Earlier, you wrote you had “links” with the Gordons. Now, you have “no relationship “ whatsoever”.

Do you have any clue to the dribble you espouse on a top frequent basis?
I don’t recall saying I had links to them..

However I do recall telling Mr Carlton that my relationship with the Gordons was purely sexual, and another time that I had to catch a flight to Bermuda..

I may have even said Bruce was my dad..

Of course, if you believed any of that...

Latest posts