What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should we target Alex Johnston?

DiegoNT

First Grade
As a Souths fan I'd happily swap Johnstone for brett Morris. Don't get me wrong his a great young player but brett morris is a better fullback and winger

Bulldog Force

Referee
Alex Johnston would be a much better signing at this stage. He is a special talent.

Forget it:

1. He won't leave Souths
  2. He'll command big dollars
  3. He's only shown potential at this early stage of his career, he still needs to live up to that
  4. We have 2 wingers currently doing a good job, including Rona, the leading try scorer in the comp

MarkC

Juniors
I am happy with the backline options we have at present.
We currently have better depth at Fullback, Wing and in the centers than we have had for several years.
So there is no urgent need to sign anyone for those positions, we could replace some fringe players with good young relatively unknown players, if we can find them.

We also seem well off for forwards, and Lichaa is looking very promising at 9.
If we had to sign someone, additional depth in haves or at dummy half may be a higher priority.

To be honest, the main focus should be on retention and junior development at this stage.

If a quality player get shopped around we can always consider him, but typically the player is over priced and you don;t want to pay a high price unless you have no other choice.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Forget it:

1. He won't leave Souths
  2. He'll command big dollars
  3. He's only shown potential at this early stage of his career, he still needs to live up to that
  4. We have 2 wingers currently doing a good job, including Rona, the leading try scorer in the comp

Some good points there mate.