What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sione

Swarzey

Bench
hey look, Sione playing a position consistently and being great in attack and defense.

Now, I don't want to say this is more than a coincidence...but its more than a coincidence.

Anyone else really enjoying his contribution coming on and playing lock?

I think it’s the best position he’s ever played in first grade
He's running straight and hard and getting some pcm. I'd like to see him step and palm. I reckon he is still capable of that. His game transitioned to bulking up and going straight with his head down when he went to the forwards. It's when his head is up and he gets that palm and step going that he can perform.
Still, a good show at what he's doing.

Spot On

Coach
He is simply a better defender in the middle than on an edge. No need to fight it anymore, he is a great front on tackler and that has always been his strength.

Silent Knight

First Grade
When I spoke to him at the player’s event after the Bulldogs game I said “it looked like you were trying to put some big hits on the middle forwards in defence.”

His reply: “yeah I tried but I would like to get them a bit more in the coming weeks.”

Love him.

perverse

Referee
I'm just glad that those closer to him than some of us armchair experts stuck with him. He's always had something to offer. That mobile lock position could be something he really warms into over time, I could definitely see him starting in the 13 in time. Even moreso if they continue to reduce the interchange... that will likely bring those smaller, more mobile forwards back into the game.

Not that he's having trouble mixing it with the bigger lads at the moment, either. He might be a bit shorter than the average middle, but he's all heart and an absolute unit. I also think being in a better team is paying off for him, as you hope it will for a lot of players. There's less pressure on him now to be a leader and come up with a big moment or play than there has been in the past. Given that he debuted so young and had such a quick rise, he's always dealt with a burden of added expectation from his coach and the fans. At the moment he seems to be dealing with that a lot better than Mullen ever did.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
All the best to him in his future, he deserved better than what he got in his early days here, really destroyed his development.

i hope his health is also good, as he is very close on those concussions.

perverse

Referee
It's sad to see him go. Always had a red hot crack and gave his best, but his best never rose to where it needed to be, and he never found consistency in his game.

Like most NRL players, I'm sure he'll find a home in the ESL and kill it.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Always a fan of Sione, just couldn’t find his footing after changing his position so often. Wish him The best for Super League, I’m sure he will kill it over there.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Happy for him. He will be a handful over there. Sadly his aggression was nullified by the concussions. I remember a few years back when he would smash anything that moved.

Old dog

Juniors
It was like he couldn’t find his place, coaches used him wherever, he wasn’t quite what we wanted but gave it his best, always played strong, not as good a player as he was a person, deserves a good remembrance for who he was rather than what we expected, wish him well, sorry in a way to see him go but think it is a good decision, he will go well in EPL