What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SJ.

Scott

Bench
I read something on X alluding to issue between SJ & RTS. Not sure what is going on, but something is not right at the moment. Whole team is struggling imo, aside from Barnett & CNK.

I read something on X alluding to issue between SJ & RTS. Not sure what is going on, but something is not right at the moment. Whole team is struggling imo, aside from Barnett & CNK.
Interesting. SJ did blow up at him when he had that brain fade and handled the ball on a short kick off giving up a penalty.

I wonder if that's a cause or symptom. Or nothing at all... rumour mill always goes into overdrive when things aren't going well.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I wonder if RTS’s arrival and trying to fit him into the team structure has broken it to some extent? Last year we were getting guys like Pompey, Montoya and CNK consistently playing at their ceilings. That isn’t happening currently.

Value for money - RTS has been a big flop.
To be fair, he's being asked to play in a position that doesn't come naturally to him and he's shown a couple of times this year what he can do, when he's back where he's most comfortable.

So its more the usage of him that's been a flop (so far) and that sits with the coaching staff.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
To be fair, he's being asked to play in a position that doesn't come naturally to him and he's shown a couple of times this year what he can do, when he's back where he's most comfortable.

So its more the usage of him that's been a flop (so far) and that sits with the coaching staff.
And the problem is we signed him when we already had a good fullback and a promising backup. I suspect it was a recruitment decision that was based too much on emotion and PR and not enough on squad needs and as he commands a high price we’re trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

Izz

Bench
Shift RTS to 6 with a roving remit. Put TMM on the bench as backup hooker. Pompey or Ali to that centre spot.

Too, Webby seems content to only change the team when there's injuries, seemingly confident that guys will play their way back into form. Must suck being in NSW Cup knowing that it doesn't matter how well you play, the only opportunity you will get is if someone gets hurt.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Shift RTS to 6 with a roving remit. Put TMM on the bench as backup hooker. Pompey or Ali to that centre spot.

Too, Webby seems content to only change the team when there's injuries, seemingly confident that guys will play their way back into form. Must suck being in NSW Cup knowing that it doesn't matter how well you play, the only opportunity you will get is if someone gets hurt.
All our coaches going back to Cleary have done that TBH.

And the problem is we signed him when we already had a good fullback and a promising backup. I suspect it was a recruitment decision that was based too much on emotion and PR and not enough on squad needs and as he commands a high price we’re trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
Yea thats fair. Maybe its time to stop trying to jam RTS into that round hole. Webby's loyalty to CNK is admirable, but there's always a point at which loyalty needs to be put aside for the sake of the team.

RTS has played well when at the back, whereas CNK hasnt hit the same heights as last year, maybe for reasons not entirely his own. But regardless, is it time to switch them around? I'd rather that than try RTS at 6 to be honest. That'd take the square peg thing to yet another level.

Meth

Staff member
Interesting. SJ did blow up at him when he had that brain fade and handled the ball on a short kick off giving up a penalty.

I wonder if that's a cause or symptom. Or nothing at all... rumour mill always goes into overdrive when things aren't going well.

Nah, I reckon nothing at all.

Meth

Staff member
CNK is not an issue. Why create more problems for ourselves by fixing what isn't broke?

RTS isn't even an issue. He just needs better ball.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
CNK is not an issue. Why create more problems for ourselves by fixing what isn't broke?

RTS isn't even an issue. He just needs better ball.
CNK I agree.
RTS not so sure. It’s either him or the guy inside him, so moving him to 6 might be worth a go. That side isn’t clicking. We bag Montoya but how often does he get any finishing opportunities?

Meth

Staff member
CNK I agree.
RTS not so sure. It’s either him or the guy inside him, so moving him to 6 might be worth a go. That side isn’t clicking. We bag Montoya but how often does he get any finishing opportunities?

Bingo

Big Marn

Juniors
Yea thats fair. Maybe its time to stop trying to jam RTS into that round hole. Webby's loyalty to CNK is admirable, but there's always a point at which loyalty needs to be put aside for the sake of the team.

RTS has played well when at the back, whereas CNK hasnt hit the same heights as last year, maybe for reasons not entirely his own. But regardless, is it time to switch them around? I'd rather that than try RTS at 6 to be honest. That'd take the square peg thing to yet another level.
CNK has been great this year in spite of the sputtering attack that Webby has concocted this year. He was phenomenal against Titans when everyone around him was rubbish. If you want an indicator, he gave everyone a 4 game head start in our 3-2-1 and hes already up to 2nd, behind only AFB.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
CNK has been great this year in spite of the sputtering attack that Webby has concocted this year. He was phenomenal against Titans when everyone around him was rubbish. If you want an indicator, he gave everyone a 4 game head start in our 3-2-1 and hes already up to 2nd, behind only AFB.
I was actually already worrying that CNK was going to Mannering the POTY award this year by winning it on sheer week in week out effort while the matchwinners are misfiring or going missing