What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slightly OT: A Big Thank You

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Hey all,

Without deliberately trying to score any sympathy points here, It's been rough tides lately in the TRVR camp. Life is a bloody fickle thing and ultimately we're all mortals in the end.
But if it's anything I will say, it's that it really is a goddamn pleasure to banter with you blokes every day. When things don't seem so great, it's really nice to know that I can jump online and see all the usual suspects waxing away about this great club we all love.
Whether it's reading about mickeylane's outlandish (but always entertaining) theories, discussing conflicting ideas with BringTheNoise (which is always quality and genuinely insightful, love your work mate), reading about Old Timer's classic Red V stories while he schools people on the game of Rugby League or getting a good laugh out of Muzby's one liners. I can always wind down after a rough day, jump on this slightly insane forum and know that all of these great people will be here. It's almost comforting in a way.

To those i've had quality discussions with, thank you for all of your fierce passion and loyalty.
To those who share this deep love I feel for this mighty club, thank you for your unwavering support.
To those who continue to share their ideas and experience, thank you for your insights and your time.
To those who just want to share a laugh or a good story, thank you for the joy you bring us all.

And to everyone.. You might not know it, but you're doing more for people here than you think.
Thanks again, and carn the red and f**king white.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Tom
I may not say it but I enjoy what you say.
Keep on posting mate.
And what ever the problem you are experiencing is will hopefully turn around for you soon.
Hang in there mate.
In the mean time enloy the Rollercoaster that is being part of the mighty red and whites family.
All the best mate.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Best post I've ever read on here mate and I've been reading for a few years longer than posting.

Well done, good on you.

Tom
I may not say it but I enjoy what you say.
Keep on posting mate.
And what ever the problem you are experiencing is will hopefully turn around for you soon.
Hang in there mate.
In the mean time enloy the Rollercoaster that is being part of the mighty red and whites family.
All the best mate.

Legends! It always gets better, no doubt about that. But it really helps to have a bunch of guys who are willing to banter to no end about a club we all love. Keep doing what you're doing lads!

to_ddeath

Coach
Really great post.
Enjoy reading your contributions TRVR...& long may you continue posting them.
At the end of the day, despite our differences of opinion...deep down I firmly believe we all want the same thing & that is the best for our club going forward.
And of course the best for ourselves personally & those nearest to us.
Thanks for sharing.

T.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Hey all,

Without deliberately trying to score any sympathy points here, It's been rough tides lately in the TRVR camp. Life is a bloody fickle thing and ultimately we're all mortals in the end.
But if it's anything I will say, it's that it really is a goddamn pleasure to banter with you blokes every day. When things don't seem so great, it's really nice to know that I can jump online and see all the usual suspects waxing away about this great club we all love.
Whether it's reading about mickeylane's outlandish (but always entertaining) theories, discussing conflicting ideas with BringTheNoise (which is always quality and genuinely insightful, love your work mate), reading about Old Timer's classic Red V stories while he schools people on the game of Rugby League or getting a good laugh out of Muzby's one liners. I can always wind down after a rough day, jump on this slightly insane forum and know that all of these great people will be here. It's almost comforting in a way.

To those i've had quality discussions with, thank you for all of your fierce passion and loyalty.
To those who share this deep love I feel for this mighty club, thank you for your unwavering support.
To those who continue to share their ideas and experience, thank you for your insights and your time.
To those who just want to share a laugh or a good story, thank you for the joy you bring us all.

And to everyone.. You might not know it, but you're doing more for people here than you think.

Quality post TRVR. Sorry to hear things aren't going well for you at the moment but glad to hear this place has been a good distraction for you. I've enjoyed locking horns with you and look forward to some more quality debates.

Old Timer

Coach
Tom
Fully understand your post and can readily relate to it.
Nothing worse than when things go pear shape but you have to find a way keep the chin up
Obviously the forum provides that avenue for you and I am glad that it does as I too find some respite in here with all the carry on with the numerous characters in the place.
Good luck with all that is going on in your life, keep posting and yes let's hope the mighty Big Red V gives us something to cheer about for the rest of this year and all the years to come.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Best wishes, mate.

It's posts like your that matter the most.
I, we all joke around, put on a song & dance about our team / us, being down on our luck but all in all, we are only talking crap just to get it out of our system and just to contribute to the forum.

On a serious note, anytime you or anyone else feels the need to 'let it out' .......... please do so in the knowledge that one or all of us are here to lend an ear or whatever it takes.

No one is ever by themselves, someone is always near so let it be said, we are listening, mate.
Ok, can l get back to being silly again?
Here we go .................................

ALSGI

Bench
Best wishes, mate.

It's posts like your that matter the most.
I, we all joke around, put on a song & dance about our team / us, being down on our luck but all in all, we are only talking crap just to get it out of our system and just to contribute to the forum.

On a serious note, anytime you or anyone else feels the need to 'let it out' .......... please do so in the knowledge that one or all of us are here to lend an ear or whatever it takes.

No one is ever by themselves, someone is always near so let it be said, we are listening, mate.
Ok, can l get back to being silly again?
Here we go .................................
'talking crap' ? WTF??
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

TomRedVRiver

Bench
In response to everybody, I echo my above words.. Thank you. A BIG thank you. The support really means a lot. It's really nice to know that we can all band together like this when the chips are down.

And OKB, of course mate, let's get back to being silly now.
Sack Mary the merkin!!!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
'talking crap' ? WTF??
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ALSGI...................... if l can't talk crap, it leaves me with very little to say.
In fact, I'm speechless!
I am without speech!
I like speech.
Speech is good.
Gotta love the speech.
Who doesn't love the speech?

b221ca0c92ff6297ad73eeaf2cbc8961.jpg

7a44341d39ffbd7e7cf8da34764eaa4f.jpg

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
Ripper post Tom, and thank you.

It's extremely hard to think of a positive when things are not going so flash. You have found a positive in this place so you are already looking towards a brighter future which is the important part.

It doesn't have to be a major thing to lift your spirits however, a pat on the back for the smallest of wins so to speak may help.

Crush

Coach
Tom, your posts are always absolute quality. Your contributions are some of the best in this place.
I think this thread and everyones comments just show the level of respect that all have for you and one another when all the BS is stripped away.
Anyway, back to the BS!!!

1st & 10

Juniors
Hey all,

Your contributions are always insightful and s good read. Hope all is well Cheers