What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So NOW can we sack Henjak?

screeder

Juniors
As Hunt's finding out its a massive step up from 20's to NRL. Not many players would pull it off as a half or hooker. The props that have come up have done well as i reckon prop would be one of the hardest positions to play and to go from 20's to NRL:shock:

Ghoulies

Bench
Don't jump to uniformed conclusions about my feelings. I did not base my sh*t (your words) on a few seconds of TV footage, we are into week 8 and that is not the first time we have seen inside the sheds at half time or the first time we have seen the coach. Open you eyes and have a look at the body language. If my workers were not performing for the 2nd half the week, week in week out someone would be getting their ar*e kicked.

So now rather than abuse me - and please leave out the "attack is the best form of defense" - (or did I hit a nerve) you tell me why we did not score one point last week in the 2nd half against the Knights for goodness sake?
I'll keep this brief, because you didn't really say much here. Your first post clearly laid the blame on Henjak's half-time address for the way our young playing group faltered. Now in this post, you're suggesting that you've actually been studying the way players are reacting in the 3-4 seconds that they are shown in the sheds every week. I'm sure if you really think about the above statement, you'd realise how utterly absurd it would be to draw any conclusions about someones coaching ability based on such little evidence.

As for the false quote you've attributed to me, no where did I say anything similar to "attack is the best form of defence", as it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. You should probably read your posts before you press the reply button.

Last edited:

Dazzat

First Grade
As Hunt's finding out its a massive step up from 20's to NRL. Not many players would pull it off as a half or hooker. The props that have come up have done well as i reckon prop would be one of the hardest positions to play and to go from 20's to NRL:shock:

Have any other former Under 20 halves cracked it in the top grade yet? Even Barba who was the top try scorer in the U20s is still a bench player.

Big Pete

Referee
Have any other former Under 20 halves cracked it in the top grade yet? Even Barba who was the top try scorer in the U20s is still a bench player.

Here's a list of NYC halves who have taken the step up...

Corey Norman
Ben Hunt
Ben Barba
Jordan Rankin
Kieran Foran
Luke Kelly
Ray Thompson
Kris Keating
Daniel Mortimer
Wade Graham
Chris Sandow
Ben Jones
Issac John
Blake Lazarus
Robert Lui
Tim Moltzen (I think...)

Now divide that into a category of players who are actually performing and voila.

screeder

Juniors

Corey Norman
Ben Hunt
Ben Barba
Jordan Rankin
Kieran Foran
Luke Kelly
Ray Thompson
Kris Keating
Daniel Mortimer
Wade Graham
Chris Sandow
Ben Jones
Issac John
Blake Lazarus
Robert Lui
Tim Moltzen (I think...)

Now divide that into a category of players who are actually performing and voila.

Wow there's some future stars in that crew. None are a success yet, it takes time for halves to mature at this level imo. Some of them like Sandow and Mortimer blitz it to start with and then oppositions get them figured out. Then the player has to step up to that next level to be an elite half in the NRL and some of these guys won't do it.

bfoord

Juniors

Corey Norman
Ben Hunt
Ben Barba
Jordan Rankin
Kieran Foran
Luke Kelly
Ray Thompson
Kris Keating
Daniel Mortimer
Wade Graham
Chris Sandow
Ben Jones
Issac John
Blake Lazarus
Robert Lui
Tim Moltzen (I think...)

you forgot

Alex Glenn
Jharal Yow Yeh
Antonio Winterstein
Josh McGuire

Dazzat

First Grade

We we talking about how Ben Hunt was going as a former Under 20s play trying to crack first grade ... and asked if any other halves from Under 20s had made the grade yet ... from that list the two Parra boys would be top of the tree ... Keating make the City team recently.

Dazzat

First Grade
Great win tonight.

Should we sack Henjak this week, or is he OK now?

Does the term "fair weather fans" mean anything to you?

Ghoulies

Bench
Indeed. Two wins straight against two very good football sides, and all it took was a couple of injury free weeks.

beads6

First Grade
Good to see Ivan finally get the best out of the boys. Injuries are not an excuse for the attitude we had been showing in previous games.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Whole-hearted 80min performances will always help Ivan sleep a whole lot better, extremely well done to the playing roster in lifting their attitude allround.:D

BDH

Juniors
Good to see Ivan finally get the best out of the boys. Injuries are not an excuse for the attitude we had been showing in previous games.

Sooooooo, does that mean you gave Henjak a wrap?

If he gets us to the top 4 this year, will that suffice for you?

I wanna make a bet; If Broncos make 2010 semi's under Henjak, you leave LU. Are you in Stuart?