What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So NOW can we sack Henjak?

beads6

First Grade
Sooooooo, does that mean you gave Henjak a wrap?

If he gets us to the top 4 this year, will that suffice for you?

I wanna make a bet; If Broncos make 2010 semi's under Henjak, you leave LU. Are you in Stuart?

I am not into gambling!! I am giving Henjak a wrap but that doesn't mean he is a great coach. I don't even care if we make the 8 I want to see a game plan and some strucuture from the Broncos.:crazy:

Dazzat

First Grade
I am not into gambling!! I am giving Henjak a wrap but that doesn't mean he is a great coach. I don't even care if we make the 8 I want to see a game plan and some strucuture from the Broncos.:crazy:

So if we win the grand final, without the 'game plan and structure' you're looking for, then Ivan's a dud coach? This is a ridiculous post.

Game plan and structure don't win competitions. I believe coaches in today's game are balancing a fine line ... if there's too much structure player's lose motivation and creativity. If there's too little structure, there's chaos.

In the end, the coach's main task is to work with the strengths of the players at his disposal. And if that means less 'game plan' and more 'creativity' so be it.

I can guarantee you this ... some of the best performances by today's teams are when not everything goes by 'the game plan', but when the players are motivated and working as a team.

The whole 'game plan' thing is over-rated. It's a term coaches use in press conferences to keep the journalists happy.

beads6

First Grade
If Ivan gets us through this season without the genuine slump I will be behind him 100%. I am off the sack Henjak bandwagon anyway. A structure and game plan are very handy when we have injuries. Also Structure in defence is what I want. Ivan will only get better I am willing to give him more time but I am not sure he should have recieved the 2 year contract extentsion. You people talk about Ivan like he is the worlds best coach!!

Big Pete

Referee
Woah woah woah, ease up guys!

That's my little buddy you're talking about, you can't get rid of beads, he (or she) puts the spring in springfield or better yet the b in Brisbane Broncos Board.

As for Ivan, I say he has until next year to be assessed. That's where he believes we'll be performing as a side, and I for one will wait until then to call him a success or a failure.

I will say this, the culture at the Broncos is still extremely strong. How many other clubs would rebound like ours have while facing all the issues we are?

It's very impressive stuff and I hope it's something the club never loses.

beads6

First Grade
I do feel I have been very harsh on Ivan. Lets see him get us through this season without the slump!!

Dazzat

First Grade
If Ivan gets us through this season without the genuine slump I will be behind him 100%. I am off the sack Henjak bandwagon anyway. A structure and game plan are very handy when we have injuries. Also Structure in defence is what I want. Ivan will only get better I am willing to give him more time but I am not sure he should have recieved the 2 year contract extentsion. You people talk about Ivan like he is the worlds best coach!!

I'm not a Henjak fan ... but I'm a fan of stability and giving someone a go. Sure there needs to be a structure in defense definitely.

The big thing everyone keeps forgetting is Henjak has taken on a job that most would never want ... replacing a 20+ year foundation highly successful coach. Really, he could only expect one thing ... constant comparisons to the days of old.

BDH

Juniors
I'm not a Henjak fan ... but I'm a fan of stability and giving someone a go. Sure there needs to be a structure in defense definitely.

The big thing everyone keeps forgetting is Henjak has taken on a job that most would never want ... replacing a 20+ year foundation highly successful coach. Really, he could only expect one thing ... constant comparisons to the days of old.

Exactly, and that's why I had my little dig at Beads.

No man in all of Australian sport would be envious of taking over WB's spot at Red Hill. For a first year coach, following in the giant footprints of WB, Henjak has done a solid job at worst.

Henjak isn't responsible for a horror injury toll, and his only full season got us to the 4 (possibly a Premiership if all teams were under the cap;-)). In his second season, with all the injuries we have had, we're looking pretty solid right now.

Also, I don't like the thought that people lay the blame of a potential post-origin slump at Henjak's feet; we have had them for 15 years!

beads6

First Grade
Who is blaming Ivan for the Slump?? Last year was a joke after origin I don't want that again. We will have minimal involment in Origin so I expect better this season. Also the injuries a just another excuse for mediocrity IMO. That display against the Warriors at Suncorp was disgusting.

Dazzat

First Grade
Also the injuries a just another excuse for mediocrity IMO. That display against the Warriors at Suncorp was disgusting.

Yeah right ... losing half your side to injury, including chief playmakers, is no excuse. :roll: Having to use 27 players in nine games, including debuting about six or seven young players (correct me if I'm wrong) is no excuse either I suppose.

Most teams don't use 27 players in a season.

And of course the other forgotten change was the team's chief fitness conditioner leaving the club as well.

Not making excuses ... but there's such a thing as reality.

Big Pete

Referee
Made even worse the week after against the Roosters.

At least with the Warriors game, you could excuse Ivan as the Warriors took advantage of a injury ravaged right hand side. Against the Roosters, the Broncos were just flat out dreadful against a dreadful Roosters side.

Big Pete

Referee
You're underselling it Daz.

It's actually 28 (with 29 to come in by the time Hodges gets back, at least)

Six debutants.

beads6

First Grade
Yeah right ... losing half your side to injury, including chief playmakers, is no excuse. :roll: Having to use 27 players in nine games, including debuting about six or seven young players (correct me if I'm wrong) is no excuse either I suppose.

Most teams don't use 27 players in a season.

And of course the other forgotten change was the team's chief fitness conditioner leaving the club as well.

Not making excuses ... but there's such a thing as reality.

It is not about the loss it is about how we lost :crazy:. Once again you miss the big picture. I will take the losses when injuries have struck the club hard but I will not take poor performances and disgraceful defence. The blokes replacing the injured can still play to a reasonable standard. They can tackle they can pass. Next time we get a few injuries I suggest we just forfeit it seems it is ok to not even have a crack because of injuries FFS :crazy:

beads6

First Grade
Made even worse the week after against the Roosters.

At least with the Warriors game, you could excuse Ivan as the Warriors took advantage of a injury ravaged right hand side. Against the Roosters, the Broncos were just flat out dreadful against a dreadful Roosters side.

The boys just gave up that game, The injuries we had hurt but we still could have won that much if they had a crack. Still probably not Ivan's fault but he does have to get them motivated and firing!

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Ivan could scream loud and long enough to peel paint off the shed walls, but until the playing group take ownership of THEIR PERFORMANCES we were never going to move forward. The losses to the Warriors, Roosters and Knights stunk and were very unBroncolike but to pin Ivan 4 it was kneejerk reaction stuff. The only real question I have about Ivan is why he dislikes Ashton Sims so much, thought he turned the corner late last year but seems it was to no avail.

Love to see Andrew Gee take Gimp Cullens' job. Hannants' sig is a great coup, upgrade Gillett long-term and have a crack at Inglis to cement us as a top 4 side for the next 5 yrs.

Harsh but bye bye Setu (120k), Michaels(220k), Tronc(50-75k) and Sims (220k) (if Ivan won't use him). This would hopefully free up the $$$$$$$ 4 G.I AND STILL RETAIN "CODE HOPPER" if he has a change of heart. G.I to fullback. Go the mighty Broncos.

beads6

First Grade
Andrew Gee is taking over from Bruno at the end of the season from what I have heard. I do agree it is unfair to blame Ivan for most of our problems. I have got off the bandwagon after seeing the light reflect off his shiney head. Henjak ain't perfect but he is doing ok!

Dazzat

First Grade
It is not about the loss it is about how we lost :crazy:. Once again you miss the big picture. I will take the losses when injuries have struck the club hard but I will not take poor performances and disgraceful defence. :crazy:

The big picture is that playing with a team full of young guys with hardly a struck match of first grade experience will inevitably lead to poor performances and disgraceful defense.

The young guys, without first grade performance, haven't learned the fine art of persistence, determination, sticking it out, and playing when you're hurting. It takes practice, like anything else.

You know how you get good at persisting, being determined, sticking it out and playing when you're hurting?

By persisting, being determined, sticking it out and playing when you're hurting.

It doesn't come from playing in winning teams all the time.

beads6

First Grade
I understand he's being groomed for the role, but wasn't aware it was as soon as end of year. Where did you hear that?

Bruno's contract ends this year, I read it somewhere don't remember. I will be glad to see the back of Cullen that is for sure.

johns_reds

First Grade
I understand he's being groomed for the role, but wasn't aware it was as soon as end of year. Where did you hear that?

Andrew Gee? what kind of business sense does he have? I'm assumng he has run a company after retiring?

I'm not saying i'd prefer Bruno but Broncos need a CEO with business sense and also some football sense.

Latest posts