What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So with 8 rounds to go who are the pretenders/contenders?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
So you are saying they don't give a shit basically.

Ok, not that I really care

After what I watched tonight, that is probably closer to the truth than you realize. There is no excuse for this squad not to be in the top 4 right this moment. Instead, they're clinging on to the top 8 by a thread.

maple_69

Bench
I think you've mistaken the Broncos team list for another. There is no way that is a top 4 squad. I actually think they're overachieving. Some good kids but take the Hunt breakthrough season out and I'd be shocked of they werent in the bottom 4.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I think you've mistaken the Broncos team list for another. There is no way that is a top 4 squad. I actually think they're overachieving. Some good kids but take the Hunt breakthrough season out and I'd be shocked of they werent in the bottom 4.

You haven't been watching many Broncos games if you legit think that. How many defeats have we suffered this year as the result of nothing else but really poor coaching, use of the bench and individual players clocking off

maple_69

Bench
You haven't watched many games not featuring the Broncos if you think that squad should be top 4. I don't rate Griffin either but I think you're overating the squad he has. Souths, Roosters,Manly, Dogs,NQLD, Warriors all have better squads.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
You haven't been watching many Broncos games if you legit think that. How many defeats have we suffered this year as the result of nothing else but really poor coaching, use of the bench and individual players clocking off
You have a tough month coming up. I wouldn't be beating your chest yet.

I think they are overachieving too. They have dropped a lot of games at very late stages. While that does show they are close, it also indicates they are not elite enough to close it out. The good teams consistently win the close ones IMO.

betcats

Referee
Broncos got the Dogs, Manly and roosters havent they? They will be lucky to make the 8. I agree with maple thats not a top four squad.

If only Uncle Wayne can find another Locky,because no one in the current squad has the ability or footy brains to reach a GF.

Barba is Qcup standard at the moment,Hunt kicked on the 3rd tackle in the first set of the game & MELB started their set near halfway,& never looked back after that

That says plenty about BRIS.

A top 4 side ..not even close to it.

imzerroo

Juniors
too hard to tell who are pretenders. comp is an open field.. anyone from 1-10 can win it imo.

thought tigers wouldnt even make the semis but i'll be surprised after the dogs performance if they dont.

Frailty

First Grade
I don't know if there are pretenders, but I think the media exaggerates some teams' threat.

Panthers are playing good football, but aren't as good as the media sell it.
Storm aren't as out of it as the media sell it.
Nor are the West Tigers.
Bulldogs are struggling, but when they get Reynolds and other backs they'll be hitting the gas again.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Penrith have clocked off and likely won't make the top 4. If we do then the other teams must be pretty bad. It's a pretty ordinary comp to be honest full of average sides.

StormHi

Juniors
Penrith have clocked off and likely won't make the top 4. If we do then the other teams must be pretty bad. It's a pretty ordinary comp to be honest full of average sides.

I dunno I think there are some stand out sides. Manly mostly LOL :(

But There are some sleeping giants Who I think could come good. STORM, WARRIORS AND COWBOYS come to mind. I think the GF will be 2 from the 3 I mentioned + manly

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I dunno I think there are some stand out sides. Manly mostly LOL :(

But There are some sleeping giants Who I think could come good. STORM, WARRIORS AND COWBOYS come to mind. I think the GF will be 2 from the 3 I mentioned + manly

So 3 teams in the GF then?:?

POPEYE

Coach
Manly's dream run with Origin must have them keyed to repeat '08, only squabbling will deter them. The rest is even a bigger lottery than the usual Media Eight

JJ

Immortal
Only 3 contenders for me atm - Manly, Souths and Melbourne - the rest are pretenders - although all potentially dangerous