What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So with 8 rounds to go who are the pretenders/contenders?

Michael Bishop

Juniors
after looking ay the ladder and eels results if they had won against the manly,tigers and the dogs earlier in the year which were all close games they could have been on 34 points meaning coming first

Parramatta have certainly performed admirably this year but come the final series they'll be the first team eliminated.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Parramatta have certainly performed admirably this year but come the final series they'll be the first team eliminated.

Indeed.

But after for years of tripe, being there in September to mix it with the big boys is good enough for 2014.

Come 2015, we will aim higher - I'm sure.

Delboy

First Grade

Not saying you're wrong but the same was said in 2009 . If we play the Dogs by chance, doubt the Eels will be the first side out.

A terrific season and it's building for the future, not sure a couple of teams can be so confident about the next few years

maple_69

Bench
Who cares if they go out week one. They've gone from one of the worst sides in the NRLs history to a competitive top 8 side. They should enjoy the achievement and be proud regardless of where they go out.
My gut feel is they'll go out week one but they're good enough to beat most on their day and if Jayne goes on a rampage they're a good shout.

ram raid

Bench
Hey Speedy Gonzalez, like I have said before, statistics can be misleading - its when and where you get them penalties that matter mate. Souths always lead the penalty count initially by a large margin @ say 6 -2, get that massive leg up, then, hey presto, when the games just about over the penalty count ends up 8-6. Wow - magic?

Perceptions do become reality - but we must lean towards facts I guess, like the 2 massive chokes by Souths in the prelims of 2012 & 2013?:lol:

I don't think they choked. They were just beaten by better teams. It happens.

Anyway, I dislike manly and the roosters, but I'd be happy to see any of the others win. If I had my choice it would be a parra v souths final, with no preference as to the winner.

Oh and all you lol@souffs dickheads can eat my hole.

The Colonel

Immortal
Who cares if they go out week one. They've gone from one of the worst sides in the NRLs history to a competitive top 8 side. They should enjoy the achievement and be proud regardless of where they go out.
My gut feel is they'll go out week one but they're good enough to beat most on their day and if Jayne goes on a rampage they're a good shout.

It's better than the season being over after Round 4 and a display on an overhead projector.

The projector may have been a bit later but last year Ricky gave up after Round 4.

This had been a much more interesting season.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I don't think they choked. They were just beaten by better teams. It happens.

Anyway, I dislike manly and the roosters, but I'd be happy to see any of the others win. If I had my choice it would be a parra v souths final, with no preference as to the winner.

Oh and all you lol@souffs dickheads can eat my hole.

lol@souffs :D

ouwet

Bench
Teams that can win... Roosters!

Unfortunately I cannot see anyone beating them in the finals!

Jason Maher

Immortal
Eela and Dragons in 2005 finished on 36 points (16-8). Quite remarkable on our part, considering we lost our first 4 games.

kbw

Bench
I think Manly have been foxing and you could see a turn around in how they play in the finals.
The Bulldogs maybe a little like that as well.
I think the GF may well be a replay of last years

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think Manly have been foxing and you could see a turn around in how they play in the finals.
The Bulldogs maybe a little like that as well.
I think the GF may well be a replay of last years

I agree with you on Manly they will step it right up in the finals and the Roosters are coming good.

Let everyone talk about Manly and Roosters that's the way us Souths fans like it.

Souths have got a better chance this year because of Keary and our backs are great Walker, Johnston and Auva'a are all exciting. But anything can happen in the next couple of weeks leading into finals.

Massive game for Souths against Dogs to definitely secure top 4.

Roosters should have too much for the Storm!

footy75

Bench
If Souths and Roosters both win this week I reakon they will be fighting out for the minor premiership the following week just like last year. I reakon cowboys will get manly up there especially if they are playing for a top 4 spot.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Still reckon manly, souths, or storm. Cowboys as dark horses. Not sure on roosters, They have won well the last two weeks, lets be honest they beat a tigers team who has been struggling and a Warriors team are inconcistent. Im not saying that cant do it but there test will be in the next two weeks to see where they really are at.

As for my own team if we get there I give us a shot of winning our first game as long as we dont have to play Melbourne or cowboys at home. If we come up against the panthers or dogs I believe we can win.

ram raid

Bench
Whoever won last week is a contender. Whoever didn't play well this week are pretenders. So right now, the Roosters and the Storm are contenders.

Still reckon manly, souths, or storm. Cowboys as dark horses. Not sure on roosters, They have won well the last two weeks, lets be honest they beat a tigers team who has been struggling and a Warriors team are inconcistent. Im not saying that cant do it but there test will be in the next two weeks to see where they really are at.

As for my own team if we get there I give us a shot of winning our first game as long as we dont have to play Melbourne or cowboys at home. If we come up against the panthers or dogs I believe we can win.

Parra are shite. 56-4 mean anything to you. If the Roosters play Parra in the semis I can see a similar scoreline.