What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Suggested Changes

DJDL

Bench
It was Bickers from memory Isurus that didnt move across, Goldy covered his man but Bickers didnt move (from marker I think) creating an overlap for the eels.

Got it in one, Phatman

Sideline Eye

Juniors
Saleh did nothing in reserve grade. I'de still try Vagana at 5/8, put Kent in the centres and Bailey to the bench if he is lucky. The problem with Bird at lock is that his defence isn't the best either.

They need Vagana to get more ball, its evident that he's hitting some sort of form when he tocuhes the ball but he just isnt being given the opportunity. Vagana to 5/8, Bird to Bench, Kent or maybe even Mellars into Centres. Positivies for us, BK is back and hopefully Lomu to - he has looked good recently.

Kent to 5/8 would work even, Bird will be retained like Bailey so there is no point me saying we should drop him, Bird to lock, Bailey to second row with Gallen, Isemonger drop back to the bench, Galloway goneaway.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Sideline Eye said:
Saleh did nothing in reserve grade..
hhmmm.
What about the one on one tackle that he did where he jsut stripped the ball out of the guy & ran across the line to score. His easiest of the year huh?
Sideline Eye said:
I'de still try Vagana at 5/8, put Kent in the centres .
So we replace a 350k centre with a 50k one?

Sideline Eye said:
and Bailey to the bench if he is lucky. .
& put our best player on the bench???
Sideline Eye said:
The problem with Bird at lock is that his defence isn't the best either.

1 from 4

Sideline Eye

Juniors
Well how unusual, Reefy bagging someone elses opinion. Bailey is not our best player, Stevens or Gallen have been the standouts this year.
Name your team smartie!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Yes Stevo could easily be rated as our best player I see your point. Gallen possibly too. Eithr way, these players are permanent fixtures because they are our best.
Stevo would never start from the bench, nor Bails, nor should Gallen.

my team is what Rapes decides.

A few tactics have worried me but I think he is an excellent judge of footballers abilities.

backline the same but Saleh needs to be outside Goldy. He is not showing confidence in the players inside our out & rightly so. As a consequence, his game is suffering.

our best player on the bench???

Phil Bailey best player. This has to be a joke. I thought Player of the Year poll shows who is technically the best. Unless my eyes are f**ked, in the sharks POTY there are 5 players above Bailey :shock: . In the leagueunlimited POTY awards Bailey has this many people on top:

P Rauhihi (Cowboys) Finch (Roosters), M Head (Dragons), N Hindmarsh (Eels), M Orford (Storm), S Price (Bulldogs)D Buderus (Knights)B Sherwin (Bulldogs)B Hodgson (Tigers), B Kimmorley (Sharks), D Lockyer (Broncos), A Walker (Sea Eagles)D Nutley (Sharks) Roberts (Panthers)C Gower (Panthers)S Berrigan (Broncos), R Wiki (Raiders)K Gidley (Knights), R Kearns (Storm), M O'Meley (Bulldogs), J Williams (Rabbitohs)R Cross (Roosters), B Kennedy (Knights), M Sullivan (Sharks)P Campbell (Panthers), C Fitzgibbon (Roosters), M McLinden (Raiders), M Monaghan (Sea Eagles), S Prince (Tigers), L Thompson (Dragons), M Bowen (Cowboys), P Gallen (Sharks), L Priddis (Panthers), S Sattler (Tigers), C Schifcofske (Raiders), W Tonga (Bulldogs), T Barrett (Dragons), L Burt (Eels), P Civoniceva (Broncos), M Cooper (Dragons), A Dykes (Eels), N Fien (Cowboys), J Hannay (Cowboys), K Hunt (Broncos), A Morley (Roosters), A Ryan (Bulldogs), J Ryles (Dragons), J Skandalis (Tigers), B Slater (Storm), G Tallis (Broncos), B Fittler (Roosters), B Fletcher (Rabbitohs), S Hill (Storm), S Jones (Warriors), A Minichiello (Roosters), S Webcke (Broncos), A Woolnough (Knights), M Gasnier (Dragons), M King (Storm), W Mason (Bulldogs), J Morris (Eels), T Puletua (Panthers), S Timmins (Dragons), SB Williams (Bulldogs), L Hookey (Rabbitohs), A Mogg (Raiders), G Morrison (Cowboys), I Paleaaesina (Warriors), B Stewart (Sea Eagles), J Thurston (Bulldogs), S Tronc (Cowboys), R Villasanti (Warriors), D Young (Dragons), D Abraham (Knights), L Anderson (Warriors), R Asotasi (Bulldogs), B Berrigan (Broncos), T Carroll (Broncos), N Catic (Roosters), N Costigan (Broncos), M Crocker (Roosters), J Croker (Raiders), H El Masri (Bulldogs), H Fa'afili (Warriors), S Faumuina (Warriors), C Flannery (Roosters), A Harrison (Rabbitohs), B Kite (Dragons), W Koopu (Warriors), M Lang (Panthers), S Menzies (Sea Eagles), L Macdougall (Rabbitohs), T Norton (Cowboys), R O'Davis (Knights), R O'Hara (Raiders), M Parsons (Knights), L Patten (Bulldogs), A Payne (Cowboys), J Perry (Knights), F Pritchard (Panthers), D Senter (Tigers), C Sheppard (Cowboys), A Sims (Dragons), C Smith (Storm), P Stephenson (Sea Eagles), J Stevens (Sharks), C Toopi (Warriors), S Turner (Storm), A Watmough (Sea Eagles), C Webb (Broncos), M Weyman (Raiders), D Widders (Eels), L Williamson (Sea Eagles)

Obviously your opinion Reefy, as always, isnt shared by many other people.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
No you are right.
Bails is fugged & we should put him in PL.

And you see all those opinions (including yours), they wont mean a piece of shyte if Bails tours at the end of the year will they? & he is well on the way to regaining his test spot.

A little slow are we? 5 are above the so called 'best player' in our team. I put those other players in as it shows how much of an ordinary season bailey has had compared to his team mates and the entire competition.

He will play for Australia with this years performance? :lol: . Have you been watching our game against Roosters to much thinking thats how he's played all year?

Good call :lol: Well if Reefy says BAiley will be selected for Australia this means you are also of this belief, so you are slow, and it isnt a worry for me because you are not on my level of intelect :p .

I defeine our "Best Players" in terms of:

1. Potential;
2. Ability;
3. Intensity;
4. Passion; and;
5. Form & consistency;

Though not necissarily in that order.. And, shock horror SATW, you may disagree with my rankings but that's ok. A little hypocritical of the "persecuted one's" to try and force people to change their opinions, don't you think?

"Best Player" is about more than form.

Thanks.

Mako

Juniors
Ummmmm it is INTELLECT - 2 L's (when you use that word about yourself you should at least spell it correctly - always happy to help) :lol:

Latest posts