What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sometimes I hate this game

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Last game against Melbourne there was some almighty bad calls that went against us. Some properly game changing ones.

This game, against the Coke Head Shire boys, a try was scored of a blatent... Blatent isnt even a strong enough word... NFL bad forward pass.
And for the last try, they don't even mention that Bird was holding Milne off the ball.
Gallen gets brushed by Woods, takes a dive and throws the rulebook in everyones face and gets a try disallowed. But when Bird genuinely holds onto Milne, pulls his collar to get to the ball first and nothing happens.
Not to mention the Knock on in the play of the ball that was missed.
It should have been 14 - 6 Dragons.

Robbed... Absolutely F****** Robbed.

I never usually get mad, but I am p*ssed off at the poor decisions against us in the last two games.

Rant Over

Saint or sinner

Juniors
Foward pass and wade graham knocks on in last try when he was playing the ball .what the f**k is the two million dollar bunker for..this is why nrl is losing fans form game ..what are the refs watching ..fmd..so frustrating sick of this shit..always against us

ozbuck

Juniors
Ohhh boo hoo. We lost. They had some decisions go their way. WE HAD MANY DECISONS GO OUR WAY - don't forget this because its easy to when you lose and get butthurt about it.

The fact of the matter is the Sharks had an SHOCKING completion rate... and they still won. The problem is not the refs or the sharks. Pat them on the back...they're a gritty side. We lacked the experience and direction in the halves to take advantage of their poor completion rate.

First class forward pack. Second rate playmakers.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Just once in a blue moon, it would be nice to get just one call, just one favourable decision that goes our way and wins us the game ................ to somewhat make up for all the times we get screwed over!

Josh, you may be a nice guy off field but f@%k me, learn the friggin game and make a decent call for once in your life.
Surely the law of averages will allow you to fluke just once in a while!

Last edited:

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Ohhh boo hoo. We lost. They had some decisions go their way. WE HAD MANY DECISONS GO OUR WAY - don't forget this because its easy to when you lose and get butthurt about it.

The fact of the matter is the Sharks had an SHOCKING completion rate... and they still won. The problem is not the refs or the sharks. Pat them on the back...they're a gritty side. We lacked the experience and direction in the halves to take advantage of their poor completion rate.

We hve a journeyman makeshift halfback, a utility back playing his second first grade game at 5/8, a winger playing fullback and a centre playing wing.

Then.. Aitken gets injured, so our starting Left Wing goes to Right Centre (albeit his preferred position), 5/8 goes to left wing and a 19 year old goes to 5/8 having played a grand total of 10 minutes in first grade.

Our two best players, particularly, our two best attacking assets aren't playing.

;This is against a full strength team, defending premiers no less.

On paper, should we even be in this game? No

But we were up to our back teeth in it and I will not just sit back and cop it on the chin when yeah, we get some rub of the green, but the calls that they get directly result in tries, one of which was reviewed by the bunker.

The refs cost us the game when we really had no right to be in it with the team we have on paper.

Bench
Kicking has become so important in games these days, we are very one detentions in our kicking and we paid the price tonight.
I was glad to see Field get some match time tonight, but really didn't see much of the ball.
McCrone is just not cutting it at 1/2. His kicking options was terrible, three sets of seven tackles i
Referees and linesmen should have picked up those forward passes, these people are not up to first grade matches.

ozbuck

Juniors
We hve a journeyman makeshift halfback, a utility back playing his second first grade game at 5/8, a winger playing fullback and a centre playing wing.

Then.. Aitken gets injured, so our starting Left Wing goes to Right Centre (albeit his preferred position), 5/8 goes to left wing and a 19 year old goes to 5/8 having played a grand total of 10 minutes in first grade.

Our two best players, particularly, our two best attacking assets aren't playing.

;This is against a full strength team, defending premiers no less.

On paper, should we even be in this game? No

But we were up to our back teeth in it and I will not just sit back and cop it on the chin when yeah, we get some rub of the green, but the calls that they get directly result in tries, one of which was reviewed by the bunker.

The refs cost us the game when we really had no right to be in it with the team we have on paper.

Their last try was clearly a try. C'mon... look at it again. If that was us trying to score and they disallowed it everyone here would be jumping up and down. Take of the glasses and look at the last try.

The refs didn't cost us the game. Our poor decisions with the ball cost us the game. If we had better direction and playmaking choices the refs would not even come close to feeling like they played a major role in the result.

The refs had some shockers! We got some very lucky calls on grand final day 2010... A few years ago I know, but I give it an example because it's the biggest and most important day of all days in the NRL calendar... but apparently "the refs are always against us" and games like this are totally forgotten.

How can we become such a strong team that our resilience and skill is stronger than bad ref calls?

I know this maybe a little beyond you but its the officiating across every single game thats an issue.

If the on field officials 4 of them can't get even the simple things right and the bunker fails to take action if they see something that is called incorrectly then league is f**ked and will continue to get laughed at by every other major sport.

Getting butthurt how old are you like 10 its more about watching a game that is officiated in a manner that befits the game not a bunch of fools who are incompetent.

ozbuck

Juniors
I know this maybe a little beyond you but its the officiating across every single game thats an issue.

If the on field officials 4 of them can't get even the simple things right and the bunker fails to take action if they see something that is called incorrectly then league is f**ked and will continue to get laughed at by every other major sport.

Getting butthurt how old are you like 10 its more about watching a game that is officiated in a manner that befits the game not a bunch of fools who are incompetent.

Whats more concerning is the completion rate of the Sharks and the inability of our playmakers to take advantage of the possession we had. If we GOT THAT RIGHT then a back call by a touchjudge wouldn't mean much.

Refs are gonna get it wrong at times. They have always got it wrong at times. They got it wrong at times tongiht too. They're gonna get it wrong in the future AND it will benefit us at times. It being officiated in a manner that is HUMAN... that is; full of mistakes. Guess what, that creates the drama. Remember, its a GAME! Full of drama. The team you support didn't win... that's it. It sucks for a little while and then you forget about it :)

Dragon66

Juniors
If Jack Bird was still a Dragon, we would have won this game.

The way Gallen plays he would look right at home in our team, but I wish we had a Graham, Bird and Lewis.

Thats all we would need to be a GENUINE top four side, as it is I still think we can make the eight given the way the team is competing.

But hard to see us challenging for the title this year even when Widdop, and to a lesser extent Dugan return to the field.

ozbuck

Juniors
I suggest you have another look at Wade Graham playing the ball for the last try.

I'll take a look mate...maybe graham did muck it up.

Remember the leadup to Mark Gasniers try in the 2010 grand final when Morris (?) was out of the sideline by quite a distance while he passed the ball? Same shit. Shit happens. Sometimes for us, sometimes against us.

Teams have received horrible calls by the ref AND STILL WON. They had more resilience than we had tonight. We need to build better playmaking choices... focusing on ref decisions is a waste of time. they're always gonna make mistakes. its probably more useful to become a more powerful team for success dont you think?

Remember the leadup to Mark Gasniers try in the 2010 grand final when Morris (?) was out of the sideline by quite a distance while he passed the ball? Same shit. Shit happens. Sometimes for us, sometimes against us.

Teams have received horrible calls by the ref AND STILL WON. They had more resilience than we had tonight. We need to build better playmaking choices... focusing on ref decisions is a waste of time. they're always gonna make mistakes. its probably more useful to become a more powerful team for success dont you think?
lol comparing a game that was 32-8 to a game thats has a 4 point difference yes that makes perfect sense.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Their last try was clearly a try. C'mon... look at it again. If that was us trying to score and they disallowed it everyone here would be jumping up and down. Take of the glasses and look at the last try.

The refs didn't cost us the game. Our poor decisions with the ball cost us the game. If we had better direction and playmaking choices the refs would not even come close to feeling like they played a major role in the result.

The refs had some shockers! We got some very lucky calls on grand final day 2010... A few years ago I know, but I give it an example because it's the biggest and most important day of all days in the NRL calendar... but apparently "the refs are always against us" and games like this are totally forgotten.

How can we become such a strong team that our resilience and skill is stronger than bad ref calls?

Wade Graham knocked the ball on in the play of the ball..... Maybe you need to put some glasses on?

As for the Grand Final we won that game 32-8.
If we had won 12-8 then there is some merit to that game being marred with controversy with rub of the green. But we won the second half 26 - 0

I agree that we could have used to ball better. I will always want improvement in attack and defence

But do you not concede that had that forward pass been caught and the knock on and/or Milne being held off the ball (take your pick) that we would have won.

The problem I have with these decisions is that they were the last infringements before a try is scored which should be unforgivable as a referee.

Gareth67

First Grade
IMG_0045.JPG OZBuck , there's no sucking involved , the refereeing performance made me sick to the stomach . The Dragons were the better team , the Sharks were most fortunate to take those 2 competition points.

Last edited:

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors

MORE RESILIENCE?!?! Look at the state of our team? Our two best attacking players out and then after 15 minutes another back line shuffle to make matters worse.

I'd say we are pretty bloody resilient to make the Defending Premiers fight to the last minute.

kit66

Bench
Last game against Melbourne there was some almighty bad calls that went against us. Some properly game changing ones.

This game, against the Coke Head Shire boys, a try was scored of a blatent... Blatent isnt even a strong enough word... NFL bad forward pass.
And for the last try, they don't even mention that Bird was holding Milne off the ball.
Gallen gets brushed by Woods, takes a dive and throws the rulebook in everyones face and gets a try disallowed. But when Bird genuinely holds onto Milne, pulls his collar to get to the ball first and nothing happens.
Not to mention the Knock on in the play of the ball that was missed.
It should have been 14 - 6 Dragons.

Robbed... Absolutely F****** Robbed.

I never usually get mad, but I am p*ssed off at the poor decisions against us in the last two games.

Rant Over

The refs weren't that bad tonight except for that forward pass try. Cecchin though in the two previous games was as dodgy as they get. In fact Cecchin's been involved in a few iffy games this year, not just reffing us.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
I should probably state that I have over-reacted a little bit. I usually take things on the chin when it comes to reffing.

But seeing our boys put it all on the line, under-strength, it just sucks that a game is decided by a few bad decisions. They (the players) don't deserve that and either do the fans.