What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Songs that Sound the Same

You know the feeling. you've just sat down with a new cd. the single off the album you bought the actual album for has just finished. the first notes of the next song start. suddenly, you stop and think 'hang on, i know those chords!' or 'i know that riff!'. what songs do you know that have identical bits to other ones? obviously that annoying 'Jet' song that everyone's sick of now comes to mind, which has the same chords to Iggy Pop's 'Lust For Life'. some more ive noticed:

The Beatles 'Everybody's got somthing to hide except me and my monkey' has the same riff as You Am I's 'Cathy's Clown'.

You Am I's 'Pizza Guy' sounds the same as the Rolling Stones 'Stealing My Heart'.

i had a few more but i forget.

Anonymous

Juniors
The start to one of Jet's songs is identical to the start of one of David Bowie's. I'd look it up but I'm too lazy to pull out the CD's.

I think what we will establish from this thread is that most of Jet's stuff is unoriginal.

Yeah, when i saw them supporting the Rolling Stones at the start of last year before anyone knew who they were, they'd just play a song, and it would sound like Oasis. then another, which would sound like AC/DC. then each interval, someone would scream out 'WHO ARE YOU?' :clap:

Booyah

Bench
All of Good Charlotte's songs sound the same.

Blink 182 used to be the same, but then they changed their style a bit so it's not as noticable. Charlotte's songs all have the same beat and sound to them.

brook

First Grade
anything by pulp leaves me trying to work out which david bowie song they are ripping off

common people is the worst though

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
brook said:
anything by pulp leaves me trying to work out which david bowie song they are ripping off

They do it bloody well though. I rerally like Pulp.

brook

First Grade
SpaceMonkey said:
brook said:

They do it bloody well though. I rerally like Pulp.

I don't mind a few of their songs but I guess in the end I'd rather listen to Bowie lol

Trollhammaren

Juniors
some Grinspoon song, 'No Reason' I think, has the exact same chorus riff and chords as Weezer's 'Say It Ain't So'.

And bloody Marlyn Manson totally ripped off Faith No More's 'Be Aggressive' with his track 'Mobscene'.... FNM goes: Be Agressive, B.E. Agressive. Manson: Be Obscene, B.E. Obscene... total ripoff!!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The very first few notes (possibly the first 5 seconds) of "Dont Look Back In Anger" reminds me of the beginning of "Imagine" by John Lennon.

tiger pride said:
And bloody Marlyn Manson totally ripped off Faith No More's 'Be Aggressive' with his track 'Mobscene'.... FNM goes: Be Agressive, B.E. Agressive. Manson: Be Obscene, B.E. Obscene... total ripoff!!

That one was impossible to miss - a complete rip-off!

El Coconuto

Bench
Whoever the girl was who sang that 'Bounce' song & Mary J Blidge's 'Family Affair' have the same beat and such...

Evanescence is all the same crap too! :twisted:

aphelion

Juniors
El Coconuto said:
Whoever the girl was who sang that 'Bounce' song & Mary J Blidge's 'Family Affair' have the same beat and such...

Evanescence is all the same crap too! :twisted:

And Evanescence themselves rip off Italian metal band Lacuna Coil.

ThrashViking

Juniors
Evanscence - Lacuna Coil
Slipknot - Korn
Ramnstein - Ministry
Pantera - Exhorder
Death Angel - Anthrax
Sacred Reich - Metallica
Early Shihad - Metallica
Hatebreed - Biohazard
I could go on.