What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOO 13 Game 1: Official NSW Squad

Amadaca

Juniors
I've made my thoughts clear ad nauseam in the months (yes months, not days) in the lead-up on what I think the composition of the middle rotation should be. That is, a conventional 4-man REAL prop rotation complimented by one smaller forward in the run on, and another on the interchange bench. I even called for 4 genuine forwards on the bench and not one wasted on a utility that is only there for a contingency in case of injury, and was critical of the actual mobile route that Daley decided to take with his forwards.

In the end, I don't pick the f**kin team. Folks here are having a hissy fit because their team hasn't been selected. Nothing like 7 series loses to deflate morale, split the ranks and everyone thinking their way is the right way. I'm same. When either of us are Head Coach of NSW, then we can put together our own squad to take on the Maroons. Oh wait.

The way some blokes on here crap on about players in their teams seems to imply that they think players have no structure on the field and just call for the ball whenever they want or randomly form in defence wherever there is a spot in the line.

Gallen, Tamou, Bird, Fifita, Merrin, & Watmough are already earmarked to run through the middle of Daley's team. This wasn't going to be altered when Gidley pulled out because the crux of his formation was still in tact. If he lost a back rower in that lot or even Hoffman & Lewis, then perhaps he could've made the adjustment, but he didn't and adding another prop to what he's got would alter how he uses everyone else. One or two of those players would get much less game time and the potential efficacy of their use is reduced.

Daley had his structure in place and it wasn't affected when Gidley went down.

As I said, I don't agree with it and can see yet another game where NSW play with 16 men against QLD's 17, but I'm a NSWelshman and now is the time to support the team.

So you can complain for months, but hang the rest of us still complaining inside of a week from the teams selection.

That about it?

big hit!

Bench
So you can complain for months, but hang the rest of us still complaining inside of a week from the teams selection.

That about it?

Sure.

Complained about what has happened in the past.

Argued what is needed IMO to win this series.

The squad has been selected now though.

There are no Souths players in it, but I'm still supporting the squad on Wednesday.

I don't like the mobile forwards approach, but I'm supporting the approach for Wednesday.

I don't like the Reynolds selection, but I'm supporting him for Wednesday.

As NSWelshman, we all have a common opponent. That is Queensland.

Team was selected on Sunday and folks are still crapping on that their team would've been different a week later. It's been picked now.

Then when Gidley pulled out, it was clear to any genius who knew more about rugby league than the basics of catch, pass and run that Daley wasn't going to select a prop.

If they get beaten, then debate the changes for Game 2. Until that happens, this team isn't going to change despite the bleating.

In the end, I hope I'm wrong and Daley's right.

Springs

First Grade
Everyone's still supporting the team (except those dumbass Souths ones). People are allowed to give their opinion on the team and still support it. Everyone supported the team through 09-10 when truly awful sides were chosen every game. People are allowed to complain about the selection of Reynolds especially when he might not even get on the field and another forward would have been of more use. It won't stop them cheering for Reynolds if he scores on Wednesday.

Of course it was clear Daley wasn't going to select a prop, he god damn said it was Sutton or Reynolds several days ago. People are still allowed to say what they think would be best for the team. Just because people are criticising the selection doesn't mean they aren't going to support NSW. People are allowed to give their opinion just like you have in the past. Just because you don't like complaining after the squad has been picked doesn't mean everyone else has to stop as well.

Knightmare

Coach
Heck, even a considerable number of the Maroons fans who post on here aren't happy with their team- and they should have nothing to complain about...

isaiah

Bench
That's code for being an "origin player". Ennis had the mongrel, Ennis was an origin player, he was tailor made for it, we were told. Its too bad his origin career was cut short by being shit.

I hate this myth of mongrel/origin players. Pick the best player in the position ffs!

its no myth, there are players who can do extraordinary things in games of a higher intensity. i'm just glad most of them play in a maroon jumper.

isaiah

Bench
How about being NSW's shittest ever selector? He's about to sink us for at least Origin 13 as a coach, too.

Small potatoes next to his unapologetic betrayal of our game, but still, Origin is important.

I could have killed that merkin looking at that goofy grin last night. He is just a low, vile, & incompetent animal. Being a celebrity figure, its comforting to know any tragedies in his life will be public knowledge. Him, & the rest of his SL filth brigade.

Yeah, yeah, I can hear all the wailing about that remark already. Shut up, you apologist morons.

are you clive palmer?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
You know you're a NSWman when you find yourself in a bar last night droning out to your friends conversation because you've become fixated on staring at the life-size cut-out of Laurie Daley behind the bar.

I want that f**ker dead.

You are mentally ill.

Tommax25

Bench
The whingers round here are gonna look like right twats when the Blues get the win on Wed night

I see people say things like this every year when people (rightfully) complained, and those whingers ended up looking like they had a point when QLD won the series yet again.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Daley is a former pro athlete who still looks pretty fit I'd wager he would absolutely towel you up