What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOO 3 - QLD v NSW *SPOILERS*

Sir Biffo

Bench
I agree that Murray's tactical decisions were absolutely "unbelieveable" as gus would put it ...

Taking Mason and Buderus off at the same time, the only two players who offer any kind of leadership and direction is nothing sort of absolute idiocy. He did it in game 1, and we got 18 points put on us before he fixed it. Game 3 2006 he takes of Buderus and puts Hornby at hooker, and wooshka, out come QLD and score 12 points in about 10 minutes. It's a sad state of affairs, but until we find a good halfback, you cant have Buderus and Mason off the field at once.

Mr Saab

Referee
Congrats to NSW on the win.
Thought the fairytale would occur when QLD kept the score to 6-4, but to no avail.

Apey

Staff member
Murray puts Gidley in at hooker for Buderus again.

f**k I thought he learnt a lesson from SOO1.

Oh well, glad we won, good to see Buderus have a great game and Gidley playing well, despite the late arrival into the match.

We may have lost the series but it was great to get that win :)

innsaneink

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Congrats to NSW on the win.
Thought the fairytale would occur when QLD kept the score to 6-4, but to no avail.

I thought when Bell held ...I think it was Cooper...up on the tryline, thought that was our chance gone then, even though we were 2 infront, wasnt enough.

Big Pete

Referee
Hazemmm was average, apart from his kicking and that tackle on Berrigan what did he offer?

Congrats on the win Blues fans, we got cocky and paid the price from the very first tackle.

Cammo

Bench
Big Pete said:
Hazemmm was average, apart from his kicking and that tackle on Berrigan what did he offer?

Congrats on the win Blues fans, we got cocky and paid the price from the very first tackle.

He made no errors, was never beaten in defence and was available to take a few runs to help out the forwards coming off the line. Just what a winger is supposed to do.

Big Pete

Referee
Cammo said:
He made no errors, was never beaten in defence and was available to take a few runs to help out the forwards coming off the line. Just what a winger is supposed to do.

He made a mistake with one of his first touches, fumbled the ball a bit too. I still say he's too small for Origin and there shouldn't be a lot made about his performance. His only real highlight apart from his goalkicking was a tackle on Berrigan and hell, even my Blind Auntie could tackle Berrigan in the Centres.

Cammo

Bench
Big Pete said:
He made a mistake with one of his first touches, fumbled the ball a bit too. I still say he's too small for Origin and there shouldn't be a lot made about his performance. His only real highlight apart from his goalkicking was a tackle on Berrigan and hell, even my Blind Auntie could tackle Berrigan in the Centres.

Is Bowen too small for Origin? No of course not, and neither is El Masri. He played well tonight and deserves praise for it. He handled the pressure well and did far more in one game than Jamie Lyon did in two.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
El Masri's stats:

1 try, 3 goals, 10 points
1 line break
9 tackles
1 missed tackle
2 hitups
1 error
65 metres gained

Matt Bowen's stats weren't as solid as that IMO (although with less match time, fair enough)
0 line breaks
2 tackles
2 missed tackles
1 hitup
1 offload
80 metres

Big Pete

Referee
Ok I'm going to explain in two easy steps why Dodge and Cammo are idiots.

1. Statistics don't tell the whole story, of course Hazem is going to do better in a forward pack going forward. Queensland were out on their feet defending for half the game FFS.

2. Matt Bowen is a fullback and not once had I brought Bowen up.

Hazem was average, not terrible just average.

Cammo

Bench
El Masri put his doubters to rest tonight. Anyone who still doubts him would have done so no matter how good he played.

He handled the pressure in the toughest environment of all (Suncorp Stadium) and stood up well.

Big Pete

Referee
Ok I'm going to explain in two easy steps why Dodge and Cammo are idiots.

1. Statistics don't tell the whole story, of course Hazem is going to do better in a forward pack going forward. Queensland were out on their feet defending for half the game FFS.

2. Matt Bowen is a fullback and not once had I brought Bowen up.

Hazem was average, not terrible just average.

Latest posts