What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOO 3 - QLD v NSW *SPOILERS*

Cammo

Bench
Big Pete said:
Ok I'm going to explain in two easy steps why Dodge and Cammo are idiots.

1. Statistics don't tell the whole story, of course Hazem is going to do better in a forward pack going forward. Queensland were out on their feet defending for half the game FFS.

2. Matt Bowen is a fullback and not once had I brought Bowen up.

Hazem was average, not terrible just average.

The only idiot is here is you. Bowen played wing for some of the game today, so was he too small to do so?

You show an obvious bias against Hazem so it's no point trying to convince you as you would think this way even if he was MOM.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
F**kin excuses.

Hazem played extremely well tonight.

Ok I'm going to explain in one easy step why Big Pete is an idiot.

1. Queenslander.

Jono078

Referee
Hazem was good I thought.

TBH I thought hed play like he did against Melbourne before origin 1, he was poor.

But he proved me wrong, he done what was needed of him, that is to be solid and kicked goals.

Was bloody great seeing him and King work well in defence, they both rushed up when needed and all, not just like Lyon leaving King all alone.

Although could have been a different story if Tate and Inglis stayed healthy.

But still El Masri was good and deserved his position and done NSW proud IMO.

Timmah

Staff member
I think if they're serious next year they'll at least consider letting Haz retain his jersey. The opposition weren't all over him like was suggested, he wasn't outbombed and made only one error. His goalkicking was simply marvellous. His defence... just brilliant.

Mr Saab

Referee
Thats because he was never bombed and QLD were a mess with their injuries. The team makeup was a rabble in terms of who played where.
Credit to El Masri though, he played well.

Stranger

Coach
Big Pete said:
Hazemmm was average, apart from his kicking and that tackle on Berrigan what did he offer?

Congrats on the win Blues fans, we got cocky and paid the price from the very first tackle.

I agree re Hazem. He was solid and kicked fantastic. Nothing more nothing less IMO.

Timmah

Staff member
Average is a bit of a dodgy way to put it, that's my point. Solid is much closer to the mark.

Cammo

Bench
Stranger said:
I agree re Hazem. He was solid and kicked fantastic. Nothing more nothing less IMO.

Scored a try himself and had no tries scored down his wing at all. Let's hope he keeps up this "average" work over the next few games for The Dogs.

legend

Coach
Hazem can hold his head high IMO.

He's done it all now. Premiership, Australia, City and Origin.

Great career capped by an excellent performance tonight.

Some people just can't be pleased.

Mr Saab

Referee
He didnt exactly have to do much for his try though did he? Dont get caught up in this "scored a try" BS.
Hayne scored a try...but that was all his own great work.
Mas was just standing on his wing and Gallen got a miraculous ball to him and he planted it.

Cammo

Bench
Mr Saab said:
He didnt exactly have to do much for his try though did he? Dont get caught up in this "scored a try" BS.
Hayne scored a try...but that was all his own great work.
Mas was just standing on his wing and Gallen got a miraculous ball to him and he planted it.

I'm not saying he had an absolute blinder and was best on field, but to say he was average is downplaying his performance.

As for the try, at least he was still alive and expecting the ball. No doubt that Hayne's try was better though, never would have said it wasn't.

Timmah

Staff member
07champs.jpg

Hurriflatch

Referee
El Masri did surprise me a little, he was always going to have an ok game and he was never going to cost NSW the game but he did more to help them win then I thought he would he read well in defense and came in when needed, although with King playing centre he was needed a lot less then if someone else had been wearing the #3 ;-) but I just think that age will really cost Hazem next year when he'll be almost if not already 32 by the time the series start. He could still come in when there are injuries but I just don't see him being first up choice.

Overall a very good game and deserved his chance but he is on the wrong side of 30 to get too many more in the future

Hurriflatch

Referee
1999 said:
Any Word On Brent Tate Or Greg Inglis Injuries???

both knee ligament and out for at very least this week problably a couple more after that but nothing official until further tests over the next day or so

Timmah

Staff member
Well said Hurri. My remark about "MOTM imo" was a throwaway one in the minutes after fulltime and personally I was very impressed at both Bird and King's performances. On a personal level I would've given him one point but at the same time so many of QLDs players hung in there and I reckon someone like Cammo or Pricey deserved it.

As for the game itself, f**k me the evaluations in here are sad. One of the best games I've seen, and one NSW DID deserve to win :fist:

mattyg

Bench
i'd say Blues player of the series would probably have gone to Mason...only one who really played consistantly through all 3 games for us.

Hurriflatch

Referee
personal bias Jarryd Hayne ;-) sure he had that one fu*k up in the 2nd half but really with the way the game was going Origin I was lost well before that pass it only took that pass for the scoreboard to realise it. Scored 2 of the best tries of the series (arguably the 2 best) and was good in defence and very strong kick returns.

honestly, I'm not really sure no player stood out over the whole series based on tonight Bird might have gotten it if he had played all 3 games starting, but as he didn't I dfon't know maybe Hayne isn't that far off.

Mason was also very strong and would problably get it

Latest posts