What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney Rabbitohs issues

Re: Bennet coming back to save the club - given JD was his guy, coming back to replace him is almost a tacit admission he got it wrong. How likely is that?

Penrith fan

Juniors
Yes, very true. They were looking at making a big statement. They made the wrong statement.

Now Demetriou has to win in his one or done game without Cook and Mitchell.

Possibly the first two players picked at the start of the season.

Woosh

Head Moderator
We are the worst I can remember us in effort areas. At least since 2006.

Line speed. Kick chase. Repeat efforts.

I said at the time if Souths are letting go off Reynolds then they should at least re-sign Gagai for a couple more years.
He was the one that could’ve kept Cody and Latrell in check.
Instead they sign Wighton on big bucks 2 seasons too late.

yobbo84

Coach
I said at the time if Souths are letting go off Reynolds then they should at least re-sign Gagai for a couple more years.
He was the one that could’ve kept Cody and Latrell in check.
Instead they sign Wighton on big bucks 2 seasons too late.
Yeah, it wasn't just losing Reynolds.

It was losing Bennett, Reynolds, Gagai, Su'A and Benji at the same time - and not replacing any of them with anyone external (save for the Milford debacle).

Fangs

Coach
Did you see him defend on the weekend? Egan embarrassed him on several occasions. Has conceded more linebreaks than any other hooker. Had to be dropped.

No Latrell or Ilias though.

I know the middle is where a lot of the problems are and Cook is dead centre but thats virtually a brand new spine and the stakes are very high for Souths.

I would have picked Cook. Or at least benched him against this Sharks pack. If he doesn't show up this weekend he never will and then you can drop him after the bye round.

yobbo84

Coach
No Latrell or Ilias though.

I know the middle is where a lot of the problems are and Cook is dead centre but thats virtually a brand new spine and the stakes are very high for Souths.

I would have picked Cook. Or at least benched him against this Sharks pack. If he doesn't show up this weekend he never will and then you can drop him after the bye round.
It's all shuffling deck chairs on the titanic anyway. 2024 is a write off already, happy to build for the future.

Jye Gray has ridiculous talent - if he can find a way to work around his small size in the NRL we could have the answer to our fullback and 3/4 shortcomings in one.

blue bags

First Grade
Yes, very true. They were looking at making a big statement. They made the wrong statement.

Now Demetriou has to win in his one or done game without Cook and Mitchell.

Possibly the first two players picked at the start of the season.
Reports Demetriou has next 4 games to improve. Then review

Diesel

Referee
I’m too lazy to look but are the next 4 games hard? Sharks this weekend off a bye won’t be an easy task

blue bags

First Grade
Rabbitohs and EELS are looking at bottom 4 this season
Battling with Titans for wooden spoon

Parramatta EELS are going to be screwd next 5 rounds 😯 struggling to keep in touch

Last edited:
Souths have dropped Cook.

Wasn't he playing for NSW recently.

Some fall from grace.

He’s down at the beach with Apollo Creed trying to rediscover the mojo from his beach sprinting days…

Sylvester Stallone Running GIF by Rocky

yobbo84

Coach
I’m too lazy to look but are the next 4 games hard? Sharks this weekend off a bye won’t be an easy task
Sharks, Bye, Panthers, Storm. Easy peasy.

(it was the hardest start of the season for any club even before knowing how crap we were!)

It's all shuffling deck chairs on the titanic anyway. 2024 is a write off already, happy to build for the future.

Jye Gray has ridiculous talent - if he can find a way to work around his small size in the NRL we could have the answer to our fullback and 3/4 shortcomings in one.

People said Allan Langer was too small. They said the same thing about Clive Churchill too. Both turned out to be better than "handy" league players. Not saying Gray is in that class (I have not seen him play) but size, or lack thereof, is not a criteria required to be a good rugby league player though :)

yobbo84

Coach
People said Allan Langer was too small. They said the same thing about Clive Churchill too. Both turned out to be better than "handy" league players. Not saying Gray is in that class (I have not seen him play) but size, or lack thereof, is not a criteria required to be a good rugby league player though :)
He carves up reserve grade. One of those players you watch and think "he's too good for this". The only real question mark is if he can physically keep up. I'm very keen to find out. Hopefully the coach has just said "this spot is yours for 3 weeks" so he isn't playing with the fear of getting dropped.

Latest posts