What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney Rabbitohs issues

Canard

Immortal
I know it's a dataset of n=2.

But both Cook and Walker are "late bloomers" who at times in the past seasons have been close to the best in the comp at your their respective positions.

But are late bloomers also more likely to be "early faders"

skeepe

Immortal
It’s funny but I respect him a lot for it. Probably realised he wasn’t up to the job and decided to step down on his own terms before screwing over everyone. That traitor of a pm we have now should take notice
sam winchester yawn GIF

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
With all due respect to him, Mal is barking mad if he takes the Souffs gig. He is in for a hiding to nothing. That squad is not winning a title in 2024, they will be lucky to even make finals, and there will be no shortage of people frothing at the mouth to stick the boot into him and say "see, he isn't that good. He's been carried by the rep level players he's had in the Maroons and Kangas".

He copped it relentlessly during the Maroons dynasty, and I doubt much will have changed if he takes over Souffs and finishes 11-13th which is at best where they will end up. The fantasy the media will run with is he will march into the joint, weave his immortal magic and turn Souffs back into a force in a few months. It's just not happening. Run for the hills Mal, you owe the Bunnies nothing.

Canard

Immortal
Unless this is a genuine leak from the club, I think the insinuation is that Mal will bond well with Cody and Trell as an interim coach.

He may well do, but I wonder if the Sydney media realise that Mal is not of indigenous Australian background.

With all due respect to him, Mal is barking mad if he takes the Souffs gig. He is in for a hiding to nothing. That squad is not winning a title in 2024, they will be lucky to even make finals, and there will be no shortage of people frothing at the mouth to stick the boot into him and say "see, he isn't that good. He's been carried by the rep level players he's had in the Maroons and Kangas".

He copped it relentlessly during the Maroons dynasty, and I doubt much will have changed if he takes over Souffs and finishes 11-13th which is at best where they will end up. The fantasy the media will run with is he will march into the joint, weave his immortal magic and turn Souffs back into a force in a few months. It's just not happening. Run for the hills Mal, you owe the Bunnies nothing.

It’ll be okay. At least I don’t think Mal will cop it as badly as a bloke called I Bleed Maroon who doesn’t know who Jason Smith is.

Diesel

Referee
Seriously lost the plot here. Unless it's Mal to just come in and sort out the players attitudes etc while Hornby coaches.... because an NRL coach he ain't.
I think the indigenous people will respond to Mal. It’s a stop gap measure as they’ve obviously notified something culturally f**ked with the club. My guess which could be totally wrong is JD has been too soft on some that they see him as a player /admin and not a head coach

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think the indigenous people will respond to Mal. It’s a stop gap measure as they’ve obviously notified something culturally f**ked with the club. My guess which could be totally wrong is JD has been too soft on some that they see him as a player /admin and not a head coach

I actually think it would be a really good appointment. Whoever walks in is likely Inheriting a shit show for the year. You wouldn’t want him as a full time coach however He’s only going to he an interim coach. The biggest slight on JD is that he lets trell and Cody do whatever they want. Mal has the respect of everyone and doesn’t seem like the type of guy to suffer idiots. He’ll pull guys into line or recommend they are shipped off.