What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney Rabbitohs issues

yobbo84

First Grade
Playing Melbourne in Melbourne, where we have never won, on ANZAC Day, at a full house, without 7 of our first choice 13?

Then following it up vs the Panthers?

Yeah, we haven't hit rock bottom yet.

Penrith fan

Juniors
Excellent analysis, could you pass this onto Jason?

Extract from my phone call

Brmmm Brmmm
Brmmm Brmmm
Brmmm Brmmmm

Hi, Is that Jason Demetriou, Rabbit toes has asked me to pass on to you that it is time for the Rabbitohs (do you get the play on words he has used to get his name), anyway, it is time for the Rabbitohs to fire up.

Cheers.

They easily have a Top 8 squad but player power got too strong and JD wasn't a strong enough leader to stem it, that being said they didn't recruit smartly, Wighton has played well but they needed to spend that money on middles not a 30 year old centre.

They easily have a Top 8 squad but player power got too strong and JD wasn't a strong enough leader to stem it, that being said they didn't recruit smartly, Wighton has played well but they needed to spend that money on middles not a 30 year old centre.

The Canberra Raiders of 1991 to 1993 are exhibit A of the importance of front row forwards.

1991 GF side, the twop starting front rowers were Glen Lazarus and Brent Todd.

1992 side, the starting front rowers were a rotation of Dave Woods, Paul Osborne, Darren Fritz and Shaun Rubesaame. Injuries and form saw them rotate between those 4 as to which 2 would start.

1993 side the starting front rowers were Paul Osborne and John Lomax.

Chimp

Bench
The Souths middles (or lack of) is a huge weakness. And I still say that some players just don’t look as athletic as they should - some of their players are not taking life as a professional athlete home with them.
One of things I’d be very worried about if I were a Souths fan is Cam Murray. Now, I’ll say first, I love Cam Murray - he’s been the ultimate professional and the 1 player they can always rely on to have a good solid dig. But he looks lost, he looks like he’s completely disenfranchised - from what I’ve seen of him, I would hazard a guess that the Cody’s and Latrell personalities of this world are not his cup of tea, and he’s probably been willing to cop them previously because they were positive contributors, but not now.
I may be reading too much into it, but his interviews of late he just doesn’t seem ‘up for it’, he looks withdrawn, and it’s showing on the field too (though I accept he’s pretty much carrying the middle, so could just be knackered).

Vee

First Grade
The Souths middles (or lack of) is a huge weakness. And I still say that some players just don’t look as athletic as they should - some of their players are not taking life as a professional athlete home with them.
One of things I’d be very worried about if I were a Souths fan is Cam Murray. Now, I’ll say first, I love Cam Murray - he’s been the ultimate professional and the 1 player they can always rely on to have a good solid dig. But he looks lost, he looks like he’s completely disenfranchised - from what I’ve seen of him, I would hazard a guess that the Cody’s and Latrell personalities of this world are not his cup of tea, and he’s probably been willing to cop them previously because they were positive contributors, but not now.
I may be reading too much into it, but his interviews of late he just doesn’t seem ‘up for it’, he looks withdrawn, and it’s showing on the field too (though I accept he’s pretty much carrying the middle, so could just be knackered).
I like your logic and I stand to be corrected by anyone who watches Souths closely but when I see him, he couldn't do any more. The ultimate professional, doing his absolute best come what may from his teammates.

As a Qlder, he’s a first choice starter for the Blues.

yobbo84

First Grade
Playing Melbourne in Melbourne, where we have never won, on ANZAC Day, at a full house, without 7 of our first choice 13?

Then following it up vs the Panthers?

Yeah, we haven't hit rock bottom yet.
First one, tick.

Now onto a full strength Panthers who will head into next week annoyed they almost let a big lead slip, determined to put in an 80 minute effort.

Buckle up, folks.

Latest posts