What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths 2018 Squad

burgibigbash

Juniors
I think his heart is too small for that gig!!

There is no basis whatsoever for this comment. He runs hard , tackles hard and always has a dig. Every centre in the comp makes defensive errors and Jennings by no means stood out as a poor defender. When he was playing wing he made some great tackles coming in and cutting off the play.

He's a quality young player who is a few KGs overweight 4 months out from the start of the comp.

doyen

Bench
There is no basis whatsoever for this comment. He runs hard , tackles hard and always has a dig. Every centre in the comp makes defensive errors and Jennings by no means stood out as a poor defender. When he was playing wing he made some great tackles coming in and cutting off the play.

He's a quality young player who is a few KGs overweight 4 months out from the start of the comp.

Let's hope he doesn't end up in the pack & confront a Charlie FRITH clone--I don't think he'd last too long!!!!

greg jay

Juniors
Maybe he meant very cheap signings.....

I believe without Sam for last season just gone we'd be wooden spooners....
Gopher Indian .. him say Crisps almost wooden-spoon material now what the difference?. You want 'em last place.. keep Burgess brothers and you run em' last soon enough. White Feather.. Him say Sam Burgess not worth 'em cost to budget and that team still bad with him there. Bullee!!!

Thadius

Juniors
1. Greg Inglis (c)

2. Alex Johnston
3. ....................
4. Dane Gagai
5. Campbell Graham

6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds

8. Tom Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10.George Burgess
11. Sam Burgess
12. Angus Crichton
13. Cam Murray

14. John Sutton
15. Tyrell Fuimaono
16. Zane Musgrove
17. Robbie Farah

Probably as good as we can muster, but need to find a centre of ability, as we're notably weak in that position.

If not then Jennings goes in, but genuinely need better. Hunt and Talakai must not get a look in.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
1. Greg Inglis (c)

2. Alex Johnston
3. ....................
4. Dane Gagai
5. Campbell Graham

6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds

8. Tom Burgess
9. Damien Cook
10.George Burgess
11. Sam Burgess
12. Angus Crichton
13. Cam Murray

14. John Sutton
15. Tyrell Fuimaono
16. Zane Musgrove
17. Robbie Farah

Probably as good as we can muster, but need to find a centre of ability, as we're notably weak in that position.

If not then Jennings goes in, but genuinely need better. Hunt and Talakai must not get a look in.
Agree. I’d say looking at that line up we are a starting prop short (with George to the bench/Farah Reggie’s)

Also agree we are probably x1 quality centre/Wing short.

At this point it’s probably Jennings to start in Centres or maybe young Douehi as a Smokey after playing for Lebanon
Not sold on young Campbell at this stage to start still very green

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Probably because our best prop is being put on an edge.
I’m fine with Sam on the edge. He is more than just a bettering ram..with Murray now onboard to cover the middle I think it’s a great opportunity to use Sam on the edges in attack... our attack has been to one dimensional

Sam has been a lock not a prop anyway

Travitoh

First Grade
I’m fine with Sam on the edge. He is more than just a bettering ram..with Murray now onboard to cover the middle I think it’s a great opportunity to use Sam on the edges in attack... our attack has been to one dimensional

Sam has been a lock not a prop anyway

What other club would put their best prop in the second row?

Rabbitoad

Juniors
My biggest issue with Sam at second row is where it leaves Tyrrell Fuimaono.

If Sam plays second row, it means Fui either plays 20 minutes or so off the bench (at Sam's expense) or continues at left centre.

Neither are ideal options (although of those two options, I'd probably rather he play 80 minutes in the centres)

I think we should use Sam the way the Cowboys use Taumalolo.

-Middle forward (in this case prop) to go hard for the opening 30

-Goes off for 10 before and after half time (using George as an impact player for those 20 minutes off the bench)

-Comes back on for the final 30

I think we'd get a lot more quality from Sam doing that than playing him on an edge or at lock

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
My biggest issue with Sam at second row is where it leaves Tyrrell Fuimaono.

If Sam plays second row, it means Fui either plays 20 minutes or so off the bench (at Sam's expense) or continues at left centre.

Neither are ideal options (although of those two options, I'd probably rather he play 80 minutes in the centres)

I think we should use Sam the way the Cowboys use Taumalolo.

-Middle forward (in this case prop) to go hard for the opening 30

-Goes off for 10 before and after half time (using George as an impact player for those 20 minutes off the bench)

-Comes back on for the final 30

I think we'd get a lot more quality from Sam doing that than playing him on an edge or at lock
I’d use Fui off the bench as impact.
Move Sam back to lock when he comes on
(Fui can cover backs in case of injuries also and either he or Murray could slide into dummy half if Cook needs a spell )

Travitoh

First Grade
He is a lock. That we under utilize my making him a battering Ram

Then should he play lock with Murray either 2RF or prop?
Second row isn't a problem with the squad, middle forwards are and moving our best middle forward out wide achieves nothing.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I have been thinking that Fui and Crichton would be our second-rowers with Murray at lock.
This is what I think should happen too.

I'd like to see our pack line up as

13 Cameron Murray
12 Angus Crichton (right edge)
11 Tyrrell Fuimaono (left edge)
10 Sam Burgess
9 Damien Cook
8 Tom Burgess

14 John Sutton
15 Siosifa Talakai/Kyle Turner
16 Zane Musgrove
17 George Burgess

With Sutton (left edge) and Talakai/Turner (right) basically just there if Angus or Fui need a rest.