What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths vs Eels Rd 12

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Will Cody play fullback next week?

I'm more curious to see what his manager's thinking to be honest. Cody had a shocking game tonight. He didn't play that great against the storm last week as well. Souths are too inconsistent this year. You can't turn up 1 week and not show up the next.

Let's not take anything away from parra. They were great tonight. Moses tore us apart.

Pommy

Coach
Cody isn't playing like a man trying to win a big contract.
It's easy to be critical of him as he is in such a key position but he really was awful tonight.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
oi r20 it seems that shadow and my mate are right.....although saggy pants said souths can make the top 4.....saggy pants is a comedian .....Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
souths have a shiiit team......can we make the top 4 rsag85 i need your great footy knowledge although i am some what confused mate lol???....Shadow...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Cody isn't playing like a man trying to win a big contract.
It's easy to be critical of him as he is in such a key position but he really was awful tonight.

It's like the Souths fullback position is cursed honestly. AJ was spectacular on the wing tonight.

Curns13

Juniors
Cronk, Morgan and DCE are miles ahead on attacking ability and all are possibly better defenders as well. Not a very good comparison to male
They are playing against NSW, not 10th place Parramatta. And again, I'm not suggesting that's what Madge should do. For the 3rd time, I'd only play 1 hooker. But if Madge is gonna play them both, he has to do more than shove Cook on with 15/20 to go and say, "Go on, do something'. When Sterlo spends most of the 2nd half saying the Rabbits should get Cook on, maybe its time to forget your agenda and think about how he could help.

Pommy

Coach
They are playing against NSW, not 10th place Parramatta. And again, I'm not suggesting that's what Madge should do. For the 3rd time, I'd only play 1 hooker. But if Madge is gonna play them both, he has to do more than shove Cook on with 15/20 to go and say, "Go on, do something'. When Sterlo spends most of the 2nd half saying the Rabbits should get Cook on, maybe its time to forget your agenda and think about how he could help.

This is the frustrating thing I would only name one hooker but if your going to name two f**king use them.

souths_reborn

Juniors
I have to say that was one of the most lackluster performances that I have seen from our team. I'm scratching my head as to why we only played for around 30 minutes of that game? This was a game we should have won easily! I've heard some commentators mention the short turn around but in my view that is bulldust. The Storm and other teams manage it fine and we have done so in the past as well so that doesn't necessarily fly with me. Moreover, we didn't seem to have any problems cutting the Eels apart down the stretch in the last 10 minutes; where was the urgency earlier in the game? What I was seeing defies belief - missed tackles, players not getting back in position or being alert, no line speed, tired and lethargic running etc.

Our attack was again a big concern for me tonight. This may surprise many people but we had plenty of chances to get back into the game and even win it! Put simply, when we build momentum in games we are not converting it into points. This was the case tonight and has been the case pretty much all season for us. Aside from Robbie Farah our halves don't seem to be creating much and Cody Walker again seems to be drifting out of games too much. The move was designed to increase his involvement simply because to rectify that problem but is seems to be recurring; we need him getting his hands on the football when we are in the opposition's red zone. He had a bad night under the high ball at fullback, which was surprising for me because he had been doing ok there since he was moved to the position a few weeks back. His positional play has been a bit questionable at times but, like I said, he hasn't been too bad. Going forward I think the composition of the side may need to change again. I thought we produced our best performance of the season with Cody Walker and Sutton in the halves.

However, Adam Reynolds is the biggest concern for me. His last tackle options are non-existent for mine and they have been for the majority of this season. Our forwards are doing a decent job for the most part but its the likes of Adam Reynolds who need to cap of their good work with a decent play at the end of the set. Too often does he misplace his kicks, make an error or simply not know what to do and it is costing us big time. You hate to pin point one player because its a team sport, but like I said in the previous paragraph, Adam Reynolds needs a spell.

In terms of the positives tonight, I thought Zane Musgrove's carries brought as back into the game. In short, he needs to start the game and I really thought he should have been given more minutes, especially in the first half. Sam Burgess tried hard and put in a sterling performance as always but Angus Crichton for me continue to prove why he is the future of this club. Everything he does screams class and I just love the fact that he is multidimensional! For instance, he is fast, strong, possesses good works, runs good lines and is sound defensively. What a player!

The hooking debate has proven to be one of the most controversial, if not the most controversial topic on here! Robbie Farah again proved why we are so lucky to have him! With Adam Reynolds badly out of form, he along with some of our forwards was behind pretty much everything good that we did in the game. For example, most of our plays in the earlier tackles when attacking Parramatta's goal line were orchestrated by him. The fact that plays much like a halfback who brings a controlling presence from dummy half really suits our team given that we have technically limited halves in Sutton and Reynolds. In saying that, the guy needs help from his halves - that is why they are such coveted players - because they are the ones who are pretty much responsible for putting points on the board.

Looking forward I really don't know what to expect from us. We seem to play really well against the top teams but falter in those gimme games. I really do think we need to make changes in the halves so we can look to build pressure and put points on the board. However, the most important thing is that we start games with a sense of urgency because if we are as lethargic as were were in the first half again, we will struggle to beat the likes of Mascot's under 13Ds!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
hellooooooooo souths have a shiiit team 14th at present......oh no dont sack the duds she""ll be right mate say the dont knowers with talakai jennings and burns and turner and clark etc oh yeah we are sweet i forgot...Shadow...

callmack1

Staff member
.....Sigh.... Another dismal season continues. This was a game that was easily winnable. Just look at all the players Parra had out, we should have bet them. I was confident this would be the case as we'd really built and looked good over the last couple of weeks.

But no. We didn't even turn up to start with. So flat it's not funny. No line speed, no aggression, no enthusiasm, players laying down in the ruck, shit kicking game. It was disgusting!! Yes, we came back a bit but the game was already gone.

We've become so predictable and easy opposition. The half decent sides have us all figured out. I'm so angry at tonight's game!!

Walker: Worst game I've seen him play. Next to no impact, didn't even try to catch bombs and was lazy. Not good enough.

Johnston: Was good. I thought he played tougher tonight. Scored two brilliant tries too. One of our better backs.

Fuimaono: One of our best tonight. One of the only ones who actually tried in that first half. He's such a damaging ball runner and I like him.

Hunt: Wasn't bad but his work rate wasn't as high. Some good runs and good defence, came up with a huge play for Crichton's try.

Gray: Again, not bad. The effort was there and he did a fair bit of the shit work to help the forwards out.

Sutton: Not his best. I thought he tried too hard and as a result, came up with some poor plays. He wasn't too bad though.

Reynolds: Not good.WTF is going on with Reyno? An awful kicking game, something we rely on so heavily. A bad game from him and we need better from our general.

T.Burgess: Okay. Was okay without being great. Looked lethargic at times but then again had some okay runs.

Farah: Another one of our best. He controlled the game really well in the second half. Play 80 at hooker.

G.Burgess: Like Tom, okay. Looked lethargic at times but then again had some okay runs. Had a lot of airswings in defence.

Turner: Didn't really notice him barring a few runs. Really needs to lift.

Crichton: Another one of the only players who showed up. As always, strong attack. His try was brilliant.

S.Burgess: Well below parr. While he still wasn't bad, we was no where near where he should be. Just looked a bit asleep like he lost some aggression.

Cook: Why does Madge persist? We don't need two hookers. Cook didn't provide much when he came on and we look better with Farah.

Rochow: Not bad. Got through a fair bit of work with decent runs.

Cherrington: Wasn't on for long. Still, he looked okay and ran with a lot of purpose.

Musgrove: Was good. Again, one of our only guys who looked like they care. Really impressed me with his runs.

We were terrible for 60min of that game, even the Knights would've bet us.

I'm so disappointed in tonight and the whole year tbh.

My review is brief because I'm so pissed off and all I wanna do is go to bed.

souths_reborn

Juniors
We could have used a cam murray in the middle part of the game. Farah was great for his whole stint, he can't be faulted for effort. To put either cook or farah at lock is just stupid. Cook can't tackle and neither has strong hit ups. The thing is when it's a tight game when you need calmness, control and discipline, how will we use cook for the final 15 minutes?
Cook brings pace around the ruck and tends to speed the game up. I really thought Madge made a bit of a blunder in not getting him on the paddock when we were building momentum early in the second half. Similarly, I would have brought him on at the back end of the first half as a counter attacking weapon to combat Parra's 'onslaught'. Such a move would have been even more validated given Adam Reynolds' lackluster form!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
.....Sigh.... Another dismal season continues. This was a game that was easily winnable. Just look at all the players Parra had out, we should have bet them. I was confident this would be the case as we'd really built and looked good over the last couple of weeks.

But no. We didn't even turn up to start with. So flat it's not funny. No line speed, no aggression, no enthusiasm, players laying down in the ruck, shit kicking game. It was disgusting!! Yes, we came back a bit but the game was already gone.

We've become so predictable and easy opposition. The half decent sides have us all figured out. I'm so angry at tonight's game!!

Walker: Worst game I've seen him play. Next to no impact, didn't even try to catch bombs and was lazy. Not good enough.

Johnston: Was good. I thought he played tougher tonight. Scored two brilliant tries too. One of our better backs.

Fuimaono: One of our best tonight. One of the only ones who actually tried in that first half. He's such a damaging ball runner and I like him.

Hunt: Wasn't bad but his work rate wasn't as high. Some good runs and good defence, came up with a huge play for Crichton's try.

Gray: Again, not bad. The effort was there and he did a fair bit of the shit work to help the forwards out.

Sutton: Not his best. I thought he tried too hard and as a result, came up with some poor plays. He wasn't too bad though.

Reynolds: Not good.WTF is going on with Reyno? An awful kicking game, something we rely on so heavily. A bad game from him and we need better from our general.

T.Burgess: Okay. Was okay without being great. Looked lethargic at times but then again had some okay runs.

Farah: Another one of our best. He controlled the game really well in the second half. Play 80 at hooker.

G.Burgess: Like Tom, okay. Looked lethargic at times but then again had some okay runs. Had a lot of airswings in defence.

Turner: Didn't really notice him barring a few runs. Really needs to lift.

Crichton: Another one of the only players who showed up. As always, strong attack. His try was brilliant.

S.Burgess: Well below parr. While he still wasn't bad, we was no where near where he should be. Just looked a bit asleep like he lost some aggression.

Cook: Why does Madge persist? We don't need two hookers. Cook didn't provide much when he came on and we look better with Farah.

Rochow: Not bad. Got through a fair bit of work with decent runs.

Cherrington: Wasn't on for long. Still, he looked okay and ran with a lot of purpose.

Musgrove: Was good. Again, one of our only guys who looked like they care. Really impressed me with his runs.

We were terrible for 60min of that game, even the Knights would've bet us.

I'm so disappointed in tonight and the whole year tbh.

My review is brief because I'm so pissed off and all I wanna do is go to bed.

helloooooo souths have a shiiit team is it sinking in yet if not just ask r20 he can tell you that we have a shiiit team also.....just trying to help you......Shadow...

Latest posts