What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spirit of the game

God-King Dean

Immortal
The Tigers are absolutely woeful at handling teams that are mercilessly throwing the ball around (ala last play of the game). See the Roosters prelim for a memory jog. Benji was just giving the Warriors 0% chance of getting the ball back because if they had have, they would have been at evens to score if I was running a book.

Edit: Also as for Boyd, from what I was told, what he actually did was against the rules. He tossed the ball on the full over the dead ball line from in the field of play. Which constitutes a penalty. I don't care that he did it at all. He was desperately trying to win his team the game. Also I could be wrong about the rule thing, it's just what someone on the other Tigers forum posted.

A magical rule that just appeared that night!

77Dragons

Juniors
On another note, has anyone else noticed that Benji has become much more of a hot-head lately?

He's getting in little nancy push-and-shoves over nothing, he never used to do that.

too much mcDonalds he used to be a lover not a fighter...lol

77Dragons

Juniors
will be interesting to see what Freeman says tonight cause he gave it to the dragons after Boyd did it

hitman82

Bench
The whinging warriors shouldnt have given up a twenty point lead ffs.
This thread wasn't started by a Warriors fan, in fact none of us are particularly bothered by what Marshall did... and all of us are furious at our own team for capitulating. And it was an 18 point lead. But nice story genius.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
smh.com.au said:
Oddly, Marshall threw the ball at Lewis Brown's head after the siren and there was a scuffle. ''It was great throwing the ball at Lewi, I've always wanted to do that,'' Marshall said.

:lol:

koal4e

Juniors
I suppose it comes down to people and what they think is ethical. To me it's a legal move and one used to win a match which is what he was playing for. Ethical - if it's in the rules it's ethical to me, you will find his own fans applaud and opposition fans disgruntled, that's the nature of the game and makes the NRL what it is, a great spectacle to watch.

Anon

Bench
Edit: Also as for Boyd, from what I was told, what he actually did was against the rules. He tossed the ball on the full over the dead ball line from in the field of play. Which constitutes a penalty. I don't care that he did it at all. He was desperately trying to win his team the game. Also I could be wrong about the rule thing, it's just what someone on the other Tigers forum posted.

What you were told is 100% wrong. The only thing you can't do is deliberately throw the ball forward or voluntarily go to ground in the field of play.

bottle

Coach
Agree. That's the worse one. Blokes faking cramps, faking they're about to have a gastric attack, blokes flopping all over the grass like a half dead carp... the refs need to get smarter and blow time off and issue a warning on that sort of play.

Nate Myles is no fake

I thought it was a little dodgey, but hey it got us the win. But turning sideways and kicking it into row H would've been the better play. Chucking the ball at Brown after it was a bit much for me though.

Loudstrat

Coach
Yes, it was a bit smart arsed. Still, its like the Cowpats fans in that semi a few years ago whinging that the ref didnt stop the clock with 4 seconds left to play. If I was a Warriors player I'd be frustrated too.

Great game though - applause to both clubs. My mob used to play like that too once!

innsaneink

Referee
I thought it was a little dodgey, but hey it got us the win. But turning sideways and kicking it into row H would've been the better play. Chucking the ball at Brown after it was a bit much for me though.

No

It wouldnt

His kicks are shit half the time

Iafeta

Referee

Sharky shoved Marshall into the boards, I would have thrown it at him too. Handbags at ten paces after the whistle so nothing really in it, and I'm sure they're best text buddies again.

No

It wouldnt

His kicks are shit half the time

Then give it to Farah and get him to kick it into row H, or even Moltzen, I'm sure someone on the field could have done it.

Sharky shoved Marshall into the boards, I would have thrown it at him too. Handbags at ten paces after the whistle so nothing really in it, and I'm sure they're best text buddies again.

I thought he did it because Marshall took the weasel play (which he did). Surely Marshall expected them to do something like that.

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
Yes, it was a bit smart arsed. Still, its like the Cowpats fans in that semi a few years ago whinging that the ref didnt stop the clock with 4 seconds left to play. If I was a Warriors player I'd be frustrated too.

Great game though - applause to both clubs. My mob used to play like that too once!

It seemed like the first time in 3 years we got our junk together on attack...thats the pity of it. Probably the last time I felt our attack was outstanding was the Roosters 31-31 extra time draw a few years back. Otherwise 16-12 wins or losses have been the norm for us. It was great seeing an incisive fullback running off Mateo, that was good fun to watch.

Poss

Juniors
A couple of weeks ago the Tigers played the Panthers.
The Panthers were down by 2 and the tigers had the ball.
Robbie Farah had the ball on the last play.
He got up (slowly) to play the pall and the horn at the ground sounded.
Robbie Farah then threw the ball over the sideline.
The referee then blew his whistle to signal time off.

This should have been a penalty against Farah for an incorrect play the ball.
The ref had not blown his whistle yet, and I am pretty sure you are not allowed to throw the ball over the sideline instead of playing it.
Panthers should have gotten a chance to kick for goal and tie the game.

If anyone has the tape,'watch it and see.

Spank

Juniors
No problem with it at all, if he had of kicked it could of been a charge down or if it made it into touch maybe the Warriors form a scrum quick enough to leave themselves time for one more play.... i think it was the smartest play Benji could make... which is odd for him hahaha

Also he only threw the ball at the Warrior cause Brown pushed him into the advertising boards after the bell, nothing in it move on nothing to see here.

Last edited: