What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sponsor buys Manly

Briza

Juniors
[quote="sullyfan
I've looked at the facts. $395 for membership is insane.
Sully you really are a tool.
The "facts" you talk of are for a Supporter package which i believe to be the steve Menzies package.
Included for the $395 is 12 tickets to Manly's home games a Jersey a BBQ with the NRL team, and verious other bits and peices.

So next time you use "facts" I sudjest you look of the word in the dictionary.

DIEHARD

----
I can't believe a Sharks fan having a go at Manly! :lol: :lol:

Bettter to sell stock in your club to a sponsor who will sell it to fans later anyway. So they can own a bit of their own club. Then selling your soul to Murdoch for pocket money.

Manly deserve everyone's total respect for them sticking by the ARL and using their own money to fight Super League.

37 years? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

sullyfan said:
CouldaBeenAnything said:
Sadly in some ways, this is the way all the clubs will go in a while, will need to for survival

And everyone hated Super League. :lol:

Yeah, I do see the irony there!

The thing with super league was it took a game that was ultimately proud of its working class roots and tried to market it to be something very different.
As much as league needs to evolve somewhat and make some changes to a few back office and marketing ideals, it should never forget where it has come from and more importantly the fans that have backed the code for lifetimes.

I think Manly is going a smart way about this, by giving supporters a chance to be shareholders and ensuring future viability, while staying loyal to the gameand its traditions...super league, while a good concept IMO, didn't do this, hence it ultimately put the game back 10 years

chileman

Coach
:lol: Typical (and I'm a Manly supporter and I'm acknowledging it :roll: ) ....bad ref calls happen in every game and yet the calls going against you in that GF you still harper on....sully if your team could take the mighty Sea Eagles as an example when in 1995 we were beaten by the Bulldogs in the GF with a 7 tackle try AND a blatant forward pass going against us....yet instead of whinging about it for the next 30 years and saying the ref was bought out by the opposition Manly just got on with life and won the GF the next year :clap: now that's a bloody fantastic feeling and heaps better than whinging about the one that got away....try 37 ones that got away for your club :lol:

wittyfan

Referee
chileman said:
:lol: Typical (and I'm a Manly supporter and I'm acknowledging it :roll: ) ....bad ref calls happen in every game and yet the calls going against you in that GF you still harper on....sully if your team could take the mighty Sea Eagles as an example when in 1995 we were beaten by the Bulldogs in the GF with a 7 tackle try AND a blatant forward pass going against us....yet instead of whinging about it for the next 30 years and saying the ref was bought out by the opposition Manly just got on with life and won the GF the next year :clap: now that's a bloody fantastic feeling and heaps better than whinging about the one that got away....try 37 ones that got away for your club :lol:

Manly were hard done by in 1995, but in 1978 there were too many bad ref calls for it be just human error. Besides the first Grand Final, there were a couple of dodgy semis, particularly a Manly-Parramatta replay. Anyway, I was only a small baby in 1978, so it's something I don't dwell on. I've just heard and read since what actually happened that year.

Briza

Juniors
Not to mention the following year Manly were beaten in a GF on the bell by a team who later that year had 3 players Suspended for using Steroids.

Macca

Coach
This a very good step by Manly, they will be a powerhouse again. I think they should go after Johns, Kennedy, Monas, Lyon etc. They will be hated again and that's the way it should be. Knock these Roosters off their perch.

wittyfan

Referee
McSharkie said:
This a very good step by Manly, they will be a powerhouse again. I think they should go after Johns, Kennedy, Monas, Lyon etc. They will be hated again and that's the way it should be. Knock these Roosters off their perch.

Manly have re-signed several of their players already so I'm not sure how many top players they can fit in before they would exceed the salary cap. :?