What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

hindy111

Post Whore
Lets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey

We r f**kn flying

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not really roll but you look what they have done right any make changes..

You don't go and look at what clubs like the bulldogs Tigers Sharks roosters souths are doing when next door you have the 3 time premiers.
I agree Penrith offer the best model for a club like Parra but is it that they are doing anything differently or is it just a matter of scale? Personally I think the main difference is that they have spent a lot more over a longer period of time.

JokerEel

Coach
I agree Penrith offer the best model for a club like Parra but is it that they are doing anything differently or is it just a matter of scale? Personally I think the main difference is that they have spent a lot more over a longer period of time.

I think they spent more $$ and have been more patient plus lucky as f**k with Nathan Clearly.

hindy111

Post Whore

I personally reckon they have better people in charge of identifying future talent and developing players.

JokerEel

Coach
And all the money they've spent has allowed them to hire the best staff. It's just science.

True but They didn't hire the best staff they trained the staff they had and developed in house.

It went all the way down to the local club coaches ensuring they had the best resources to coach the kids coming through in the local sides.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
True but They didn't hire the best staff they trained the staff they had and developed in house.

It went all the way down to the local club coaches ensuring they had the best resources to coach the kids coming through in the local sides.
Sounds expensive whichever way you dice it. The fact is we are talking about organisations full of professional staff. They aren't working for free and the best people cost the most money. That's just an economic fact.

T.S Quint

Coach
Not really roll but you look what they have done right any make changes..

You don't go and look at what clubs like the bulldogs Tigers Sharks roosters souths are doing when next door you have the 3 time premiers.

You reckon the Eels should maybe put some more effort into junior recruitment and pathways like the Panthers did? Maybe build their own Centre of Excellence? Great ideas there, we should tell them to get on it.

T.S Quint

Coach
I think they spent more $$ and have been more patient plus lucky as f**k with Nathan Clearly.

This. Exactly this.
The Panthers have been spending money since Gould got there, and plenty of it. They were able to put so much into development that they could unearth some great talent and keep them. Then they had the patience to wait until they were ready to put them up into FG, whilst some of their fans were apprehensive about them letting go star players like Michael Jennings, Luke Lewis, Lachlan Coote, Wade Graham, etc.

Throwing money at something will usually help things get better. The Eels have begun spending more thankfully, but we still wouldn't be at the level of Penrith or Brisbane in terms of money spent. When we are as rich as them, then we can compare ourselves to them.

JokerEel

Coach
This. Exactly this.
The Panthers have been spending money since Gould got there, and plenty of it. They were able to put so much into development that they could unearth some great talent and keep them. Then they had the patience to wait until they were ready to put them up into FG, whilst some of their fans were apprehensive about them letting go star players like Michael Jennings, Luke Lewis, Lachlan Coote, Wade Graham, etc.

Throwing money at something will usually help things get better. The Eels have begun spending more thankfully, but we still wouldn't be at the level of Penrith or Brisbane in terms of money spent. When we are as rich as them, then we can compare ourselves to them.

Look at the scrubs the Panthers signed just as fill in while they developed their juniors as well..

Hence why we have signed some plodders on short cheap deals...

Last edited: