What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Geeeez ... since when has this thread been about shits n giggles
Given the rumour Salmon, Aukafolau, Stone and Leleisiuao are part of the rookie crew, along with Afualo and Mahoney (who are also in the pre-season training pics) I figured it was worth including the latter two to try and get a handle on how many squad spots are likely to be left.

strider

Post Whore
That'd be nice.
You reckon we still have the money for that?
Maybe we're planning on moving a few players on?
No doubt if we do, it will be because we signed Hayne, not any other merkin.
Well the other interesting quote from the article

BA said:
“Between now and round one lots of things will chop and change.”

Does that mean something, or just the usual BA philosophy?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Would you prefer the succession thread not to include the rookies? I can knock it down to 28 if I wanted to. Quite easily. I wouldn't even need to delete six random names.

I'm not sure. Deleting six randomly would create more discussion. By rookies, you mean the six development players? Do we know for certain which are which?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Certainly. But those six have played zero NRL games, and only two (Aukafolau and Stone) have played more than a couple of games in reserve grade. The next oldest (Niukore, turning 22) played for Wenty all year. I reckon he’s ahead of all the rest for an NRL spot. Obviously French (also 22 next year) is in the top 30.

Anyone older than them starts to get a bit old for a development contract.

Certainly. But those six have played zero NRL games, and only two (Aukafolau and Stone) have played more than a couple of games in reserve grade. The next oldest (Niukore, turning 22) played for Wenty all year. I reckon he’s ahead of all the rest for an NRL spot. Obviously French (also 22 next year) is in the top 30.

Anyone older than them starts to get a bit old for a development contract.
Yeah I get that it's fairly easy this time to work out who's where but is there anything concrete? If a boom youngster is signed, do we know they're on more or less than our lowest-paid top 30 guy?

Chipmunk

Coach
Can we put an asterisk (*) next to the likely players outside the Top 30?

It's all very well to be in the squad, but if they're ineligible to play then you need to identify that somehow.

Latest posts