What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stallions Wales Rugby League Issues Thread

Stallion

First Grade
This is not blocking. This is just using their resources to better themselves. This is what successful people and organisations do.
Rugby League has no access to schools because it doesn't have the contacts or resources to.

Where exactly is the block here? Not one action you've described in that paragraph is by Union against League.
(Except for the crackpot theory that RL administrators are bad because of Union 'pulling strings')

Whatever ever happened to an equitable access to all sports!? Something not in the vocabulary these days? It's ok for some but not others. We fundamentally dissagree. This is an access issue not a self propagation of a superceded code(RU) that is stopping a sporting reality and growth of a superior version of rugby in league!

adamkungl

Immortal
Whatever ever happened to an equitable access to all sports!? Something not in the vocabulary these days? It's ok for some but not others. We fundamentally dissagree. This is an access issue not a self propagation of a superceded code(RU) that is stopping a sporting reality and growth of a superior version of rugby in league!

What you want doesn't make sense.
Equitable access? Wtf.
It isn't some random american university's job to promote Rugby League, or even include Rugby League, if it doesn't know or care what Rugby League is.

Stallion

First Grade
What you want doesn't make sense.
Equitable access? Wtf.
It isn't some random american university's job to promote Rugby League, or even include Rugby League, if it doesn't know or care what Rugby League is.

Yes. especially the people propagating rugby union. Some know about rugby league and are aware of what has been going on.
I will say this Admkuingl you are decent enough to acknowledge the wrong doings of union toward league. Just think you haven't looked into how deeply this repression has manifested itself. It's pervasive and all encompassing. Right from the education (it's roots) to the end product of adult participation/involvement. When a sport is superceded and doesn't face that reality it (RU)will resort to underhanded and widespread influence and favours to circumvent the better version(RL). That's what's happening to rugby league! To my way of thinking this is unfair, deceitful and not in the interest of the sporting public at large.

Springs09

Juniors
You're talking rubbish. You can't just blame another sport for everything bad that happens to league.

League has trouble in many countries due to Union, but it is nowhere near league's biggest problem. Even in the worst example, Vichy France, league came back and became super popular in the 50s. Why didn't they go on with it? Our leadership is rubbish that's why.

The discrimination against RL in England and such actually helped us, as players who defected from union were then blacklisted and had to stay in League. Again, we failed to capitalise as the professional sport and Union dominated once they became pro.

In most other places Union beat us to the punch and like most sports we struggle to gain a foothold. But our leaders aren't helping. They rarely give a shit about anything outside their own backyard, literally. I know firsthand what apathetic admins can do to sports. I am one myself now, and the amount of bullshit we deal with from higher-ups while we are trying to grow the game is astonishing.

In most cases Union hasn't even had the opportunity to affect league's growth, because they just do their own thing and aren't bothered by us. If we actually pushed to grow the game and Union retaliated then you would have a point, but our administrators don't even get to that stage. If it's not the NRL or ESL or going to directly benefit the NRL or ESL they don't give a shit. We are even going backwards in NZ because all we care about is the NRL.

Stallion

First Grade
You're talking rubbish. You can't just blame another sport for everything bad that happens to league.

League has trouble in many countries due to Union, but it is nowhere near league's biggest problem. Even in the worst example, Vichy France, league came back and became super popular in the 50s. Why didn't they go on with it? Our leadership is rubbish that's why.

The discrimination against RL in England and such actually helped us, as players who defected from union were then blacklisted and had to stay in League. Again, we failed to capitalise as the professional sport and Union dominated once they became pro.

In most other places Union beat us to the punch and like most sports we struggle to gain a foothold. But our leaders aren't helping. They rarely give a shit about anything outside their own backyard, literally. I know firsthand what apathetic admins can do to sports. I am one myself now, and the amount of bullshit we deal with from higher-ups while we are trying to grow the game is astonishing.

In most cases Union hasn't even had the opportunity to affect league's growth, because they just do their own thing and aren't bothered by us. If we actually pushed to grow the game and Union retaliated then you would have a point, but our administrators don't even get to that stage. If it's not the NRL or ESL or going to directly benefit the NRL or ESL they don't give a shit. We are even going backwards in NZ because all we care about is the NRL.

I concur with the administrative incompetence . However I don't think you have articulated the source/origins of rugby league's issues. It is deeply rooted in the education system. From there a fundamental bias against the code is promoted. The main reason why rugby league flourished in NSW and Qld was the acceptance to play the code by the Catholic (Irish) schools. This has been the cornerstone of rugby league's growth and relevance. (Public schools followed through shear popularity of the new code) You will find other schooling (especially elite private ) don't give RL a start. This is not by accident. It's a deliberate act to reduce the presence and influence of rugby league as a universally accepted code. This is a systemic repression of the code. Without doubt the RL administrators are equally to blame however the seeds of this repression is spawned via the school system. You mention France? Are you aware that rugby league cannot be taught at any French school ? This is because their is no subject offered at University for the sport therefore no one teaches it. If you cannot see that something like that makes things difficult for the code then you are not genuinely looking at rugby league's problems in a proactive way.

Last edited:

Te Kaha

First Grade
The thread was not my creation. However some interesting and informative information is being aired. So whichever moderator created it : Thanks.
You're welcome.

However it will be the last time you get a thread from hijacking. Next time they go into your rant thread.