What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting the NRL season in the UK/Europe

Perth Red

Post Whore
It would be a success for a couple of years then in true rugby league fashion interest would wane and we'd give up on it.

T-Boon

Coach
Ok in going to turbo charge this idea.

Alternate years

1. Year One:

World Club 9's in Europe (NRL, Super League clubs) followed by an entire round of NRL in UK/Euro. Thus all teams affected equally.

Roosters in Catalans
St George in St Helens
Parra in Leeds
Brisbane in London
Etc etc

Next year, world 9's in Aus/NZ followed by an entire super league round in Aus.

Have a weekend off after the "interational round" then all clubs start on even footing.

Clubs would never agree, but would be massive for the game

Imagine trying to get Melbourne to agree to that. That would be very disruptive to their pre season wrestling camps.

jim_57

Staff member
It would be a success for a couple of years then in true rugby league fashion interest would wane and we'd give up on it.

You'd have to keep it fresh I think. Start safe (London, Manchester, Leeds etc) then if it is a success shop it around before it goes stale, look to Cardiff, Dublin, Paris, Toulouse, Edinburgh, Barcelona etc as well as English venues.

POPEYE

Coach
Be far more advantageous to incorporate an ESL team in the NRL and add 3 more Australian teams . . . I'm sure the Barmy Army could diversify

no name

Coach
Oh my, a gold coast fan having a go at a failed club, pass the popcorn!
You can eat it while you watch the Reds run around in the NRL.

As for GCs failings, the Gold Coast club was over $10 million dollars better off then the Reds were when they went under.
It was the Broncos greed that put the Chargers to bed.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That was just one of a long line of failures on the GC, just be thankful this NRL admin has had the money and the will to bail you out or the Titans would have joined that line. At least we only failed once lol.

Latest posts