What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin Game Thread

First Grade
Each lynch could have (and probably should have) been a cult member seeing as they were named in the write up tbh.

they were named as like corey parker but then it took another whole night phase to get 1 name and if that name wasnt corey parker we never knew it was you. It wasnt untill later we got told a name and their alignment, originally all we got was e.g jason maher is nsw aligned thats it. by the time I got to investigate you we got monk is corey parker johns aligned.

so it was way way way to stacked against us really like 1 night investigate, if nsw player invite into our chat (we only got JM and he turned out great) if qld we couldnt do anything without outing ourselves and if cult our qld counterparts needed to be on board with us to lynch them.

Apey

Staff member
Honestly, I hate cults. A bit ironic considering my success with them but they just annoy me. That's not to say I don't like people flipping allegiances. I might endeavour to look at some different ways to try include the turncoat aspect in the game without having a cult as such in a future game of mine.

The cult in this game did make some very good recruit choices though which threw the system a bit out of whack for those in the spines. JM was a fluke, recruiting him the same night he was heading for the NSW spine. Monk was a nice pick up since it led to the infiltration of the QLD spine.

And yes, we were automatically recruited without any say. For once in my mafia career I was dishonest and concocted a fake PM from afinalsin666 that asked if I wanted to accept or decline.

Rebel

First Grade
I was asking the guys what they thought of it, and you answered and said it was fine.

Since 'you' said it was fine, both the guys were all... ' Well if the host says its fine... then sure!' Etc. I would have been happy simply knowing who they were, and not killing them.

Never mind it was quite fun. Dirty cockroaches!

First Grade
Honestly, I hate cults. A bit ironic considering my success with them but they just annoy me. That's not to say I don't like people flipping allegiances. I might endeavour to look at some different ways to try include the turncoat aspect in the game without having a cult as such in a future game of mine.

The cult in this game did make some very good recruit choices though which threw the system a bit out of whack for those in the spines. JM was a fluke, recruiting him the same night he was heading for the NSW spine. Monk was a nice pick up since it led to the infiltration of the QLD spine.

And yes, we were automatically recruited without any say. For once in my mafia career I was dishonest and concocted a fake PM from afinalsin666 that asked if I wanted to accept or decline.

Liar i rememberr actually feeling bad and hoping you got through your "personal issues" last game.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Yeah, i'm not running a cult again i don't think. I just think this game really needed it. Two same sized factions, with a speaking core, have nothing to work against in the day phases, as everyone is 50/50 being your friend or enemy.

As could be seen in the early stages this game.

soc123_au

Staff member
lol. I just read the cult QT, has anyone got a douche bag I can borrow? I need to get the jizz out of my arse.

Apey

Staff member
The game I won when I flipped was actually fair tbh. A recruit every second night and anybody could decline.

Pretty insane strike rate they have now. No wonder people would join.

Let's be honest here, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but that mafia win was the greatest mafia win of all time. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness though, compare that cults powers to other cults and I think you'd have to agree it was a nice win :p

I died early. My one and only power was to communicate with Bunniesman.

You will pay AFS, you will pay dearly.

You should receive an honourable mention just for that.

he said he never and that he wrote that to gain an advantage

Dutchy is just getting his trolling fix in. So was I with the dishonest remark.

MSIH

Bench
I was going to post edit suicide when I saw I was Bunniesman's identical twin brother, but thought I'd stick in and nail Soc as Cooper Cronk without any powers at all.

soc123_au

Staff member
AFS, the cult was fine, the tweak of investigation after recruitment & it would have been perfect. Without the cult we would have romped it in.

Apey

Staff member
Pretty funny that I inadvertently got Fred killed before I joined the cult and Jason Maher killed dogslife just before he joined the cult.

soc123_au

Staff member
I was going to post edit suicide when I saw I was Bunniesman's identical twin brother, but thought I'd stick in and nail Soc as Cooper Cronk without any powers at all.

That cost you your life, we figured you had to have been NSW spine. We were going to go 9701 prior to that from memory.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I don't like cults either. I was telling the truth when I was banging on about that in thread. And if I was given the choice, I would have declined. Especially in this game, landing Gallen and being as fanatical a New South Welshman as I am. I really would have liked to have joined the NSW spine as Gallen and try to help them manufacture a win.

MSIH

Bench
That cost you your life, we figured you had to have been NSW spine. We were going to go 9701 prior to that from memory.

Yeah I knew I wouldn't last long after that, but I couldn't do anything anyway, so I thought I may as well help out the Blues somehow. No idea they had a quick topic going.

Thanks for the game afs

MSIH

Bench
I don't like cults either. I was telling the truth when I was banging on about that in thread. And if I was given the choice, I would have declined. Especially in this game, landing Gallen and being as fanatical a New South Welshman as I am. I really would have liked to have joined the NSW spine as Gallen and try to help them manufacture a win.

Bs, if you were that passionate you would've topped yourself.

Latest posts