What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sterlo on the couch.....

nrlnrl

First Grade
I've got to say I'm going to miss Sterlo's one-on-one's, if that's the case.

Surely that segment can remain without the other turkeys. Parker really is so drab and offers nothing. Roach sucks, and the other bloke is a f**kwit too. I can cop Ennis but the rest are shit.

Sterlo's one-on-ones are really good though.

Just the other night I got an appreciation for Steve f**king Price, who came across as an intelligent, well spoken bloke. I really didn't think much of the bloke at all before this.

If the NRL are serious about developing their profile in the media, they could do a whole lot worse than let Sterlo interview our players and let the public know how our game has influenced their lives.

Then there's the older players. Some that were around before our time (Langlands, Krylich), that we all hear about but have no idea about. This is where Sterlo steps in. Then players that we were here for and love, but too young to know what was going on at the time (Mick O'Connor).

The Mat Rogers interview was great. I had no idea about this bloke and the good work he has done in the community, and it his story, and others are interesting and should be known.

On foxturd, we've got exclusive channels for Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal ffs.

NRL, start pushing our own barrow! Letting Sterlo interview past players is a drop in the ocean. The formula works.

Make it happen, Greenburg ya shitbag!
Tim Sheridan has been doing the League Legends interviews that run on Sundays. These have featured older ex-players & could easily continue next year & beyond.

Vee

First Grade
Just couldn't be bothered watching the finale tonight. Couldn't put up with the panel or more Michael Anus, media pet and feet-for-hands Burgess, Mini might have been interesting but I'll never know.

Sad way for that show to go out after pioneering the miked up insiders and the quality of the 1on1 interviews. I wonder if Sterlo had these guests foisted on him and he bailed for that reason, he left TFS when it degenerated into dross though it took him a while to get there.

no name

Coach
Hooper is THE most annoying person in broadcasting, be it TV or radio... His incessant use of nicknames when addressing people, try hard buzz phrases and rhyming slang whenever he gets asked his opinion or inside word is nauseating....

Exhibit A

Tony Squires - "So James, what are you hearing about why the Rabbits let Nathan Brown go and how has he been such a good buy for Parramatta?"
Hooper - "Look, it's my understanding Tone, that Brown was only offered minimal coin to stay at Redfern, the concern was he was a bit loosey goosey and not worth throwing big money at. The Eels, and BA in particular, thought he was worth the punt so they offered him a bit more cashola to move west"
Girdler - "Is he the best buy of the season Hoops?"
Hooper - "Oh without doubt Girds'. He's enjoying his footy and looking after himself. No more Dogs Eye and Dead Horse for lunch, he's more likely to sink his Barry Beeth in to a salad these days and the results are showing on the footy field"

Knob
There's one thing that everyone hates more than someone who isn't a man of the people, it's a f**king try hard who tries too hard to be a man of the people.

I always thought Andy Raymond was a bit of a try hard, but have worked out that his persona is just how he is. He genuinely loves his job and is a big fan of the game and the players.

Hooper is just a f**kwit trying to make himself sound like us 'inferior' plebs.

Big Salad

Juniors
Channel 9 has held its 2018 "Upfronts" preview which mentions this:

"Also from next year an all-new NRL Monday night panel show will premiere with players, coaches and experts bringing you their insights and opinions on all the important issues in rugby league."

I imagine Sterlo would be hosting this?

The blurbs for the Footy Show & Sunday Footy Show indicate their lineups are unchanged.

Vee

First Grade
Channel 9 has held its 2018 "Upfronts" preview which mentions this:

"Also from next year an all-new NRL Monday night panel show will premiere with players, coaches and experts bringing you their insights and opinions on all the important issues in rugby league."

I imagine Sterlo would be hosting this?

The blurbs for the Footy Show & Sunday Footy Show indicate their lineups are unchanged.
Interesting, but let's not take Nein's word for it. Look at TFS FGS.

Latest posts