What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Matai

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
WHAT?? We hardly flogged them?? And Jamie was by far their best!
They were never really in the game.

They only got 12 points after Inu ran to the hill to get a hot dog, which gave them a chance at our line, which they took and then they had momentum to get another. So after Inu's stupid play they were dangerous for 10mins up to halftime and that was it. We were better for 70mins and without Inu's hunger pains the score could've been 19-0, which is a flogging in those conditions.

Hurriflatch

Referee
No surprise with the overall charge resulting in him missing 4 weeks but surprised there was such a big difference in the individual charges.

This is almost setting up Manly fighting the charges and comparing them to say how can the one on Humble be as grade 5 and the one on Hayne be a grade 1, then getting the Humble one downgraded to a point where he misses 1-2 weeks at worst.

Had they gone for say a grade 3 and 2 for the hits it would've resulted in the same overall points but less of a case for Manly to get either downgraded.

Hurriflatch

Referee
They were never really in the game.

They only got 12 points after Inu ran to the hill to get a hot dog, which gave them a chance at our line, which they took and then they had momentum to get another. So after Inu's stupid play they were dangerous for 10mins up to halftime and that was it. We were better for 70mins and without Inu's hunger pains the score could've been 19-0, which is a flogging in those conditions.

Lyon scored one, set the other up, stopped Humble and had a perfect night with the boot and especially in those conditions they were somewhat difficult.

The guy is a dog but even I can admit he deserved the 2 pts

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Lyon scored one, set the other up, stopped Humble and had a perfect night with the boot and especially in those conditions they were somewhat difficult.

Yeah he played well but I was more commenting on Manly not really being in the game. It may not have been a flogging but it was pretty close to it, all things considered.

IMO he probably deserved a point but Daley would've moved him up to 2 points justify a little more his Origin selection, that's the sort of thing Daley does.
It's like some of them used to give A.Johns a point for running onto the field, 2 if he was involved in a try or did a good kick and 3 if the Knights won. Admittedly he deserved plenty of his points but I saw several times where the Knights would get smashed and he did nothing yet somehow ended up with 1 or 2 points. I always thought the Dally Ms were a joke after seeing some of that.

ElectricEel

Juniors
Kudos to Humble to getting up for a dog shot that actually connected. f**k you Hayne, cat staying down for a fairy tap.

Until you people have been hit high with a forearm, I would suggest refraining from calling Hayne soft.

Dutchy

Immortal
Until you people have been hit high with a forearm, I would suggest refraining from calling Hayne soft.

Mate, I have played since I was 5. Not once have I stayed down after a high shot.(Unless I was fair dinkum injured) I play the whistle, get up and play the f**king ball.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Mate, I have played since I was 5. Not once have I stayed down after a high shot.(Unless I was fair dinkum injured) I play the whistle, get up and play the f**king ball.

DA is looking for a player like you. Why are you not playing for the Eels so moanly fans can cheer after Matai hammers your chin and Eels fans stand to applaud as you wobble back into line???

Last edited:
WHAT?? We hardly flogged them?? And Jamie was by far their best!

Im just saying, how did he deserve 2 points ahead of some of our boys? Even your boy, Benny, probably deserved a look-in IMO. He was on fire in defence. Why is it, that only attackers ever get points? The platform for our win on Monday was made by the forwards. All of the commentators crapped on before the game, about how the Moanly pack would dominate the boys - it didnt happen. (Even Dessie virtually admitted it, by moaning that they slowed the play the ball area down) Moanly made stupid mistakes in the play the ball area too many times (especially Watmong trying to milk penalties) they were looking for easy yards, because they were not making the hard yards (except when they were coming off their own line - which is a worry to be honest).

There has never been a front rower win the Dally M (even though someone thinks Poore was worth a $600 investment earlier in the year....(I feel sorry for his parents:lol:)) other than Buderus, Miller & Pricey, I cant think of another forward that has won it.

Sorry, I am a frustrated old prop who has a dislike (like all forwards) for the glory boys in the backs.:lol::D

strider

Post Whore
yeah but you're coach isn't training you to lay down to get penalties - every NRL coach would be telling their players o get any penalty they can - its how games are won

strider

Post Whore
Im just saying, how did he deserve 2 points ahead of some of our boys? Even your boy, Benny, probably deserved a look-in IMO. He was on fire in defence. Why is it, that only attackers ever get points? The platform for our win on Monday was made by the forwards. All of the commentators crapped on before the game, about how the Moanly pack would dominate the boys - it didnt happen. (Even Dessie virtually admitted it, by moaning that they slowed the play the ball area down) Moanly made stupid mistakes in the play the ball area too many times (especially Watmong trying to milk penalties) they were looking for easy yards, because they were not making the hard yards (except when they were coming off their own line - which is a worry to be honest).

There has never been a front rower win the Dally M (even though someone thinks Poore was worth a $600 investment earlier in the year....(I feel sorry for his parents:lol:)) other than Buderus, Miller & Pricey, I cant think of another forward that has won it.

Sorry, I am a frustrated old prop who has a dislike (like all forwards) for the glory boys in the backs.:lol::D

often with dally m voting, in a close scoreline, a player from the losing team will get the 2 pts .... and as much as I hate the fat little pig rooter, he is playing pretty damn well atm (scored a try, stopped a try, defensively spot on, most dangerous in attack for manly)

also, didn't cameron smith win a dally m one year? i think so .... so we're up to 4 and counting :lol: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dally_M_Medal ... there's been 10 forwards out of 42 times the award's been given - most those forwards were some time ago - its pretty much a shoe-in to be a half) .... but yeah, I agree wholeheartedly - the judges are obsessed with attacking skill - hence why Hindy was always the bridesmaid and never teh bride

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases

^^ What he said.

Oh i understand what you are saying completely - but Dally M points (for as long as i've been watching the game) have ALWAYS gone to:

3- Best on Ground Winning Team
2- Best on Ground Losing Team
1- Second Best on Ground Winning Team

Unless it's an absolute FLOGGING (Cue Souths v West Tigers on the weekend) then it's all three points to the winning team.

Jamie was by far Manly's Best on Ground - without him there we would have belted them to nil, and probably gotten away with a few more tries.

As I said - understand completely what you are saying, and the points should obviously go to the 3 best players on the field (whether that include both teams, or only the winning team) - but i've often thought Hindy was the best player on the field, despite and Eels loss, but when do you see the 3 points go to a player on the losing side??

Bennybenny is in career best form. He looks so comfortable out there, and not afraid to get aggressive. He won't get a point until he starts showing off in attack though..sadly, that's just the way it is! :D

SDM

First Grade

Can I have your autograph?

fish eel

Immortal

Who cares if Hayne stays down to milk a penalty?

If you're hit high you're hit high.

It's no different from players trying to milk penalties in other parts of the field.

EelDredd

Juniors
NRL Premiership

Manly centre Steve Matai out for three weeks following judicial ruling

May 19, 2010
Manly centre Steve Matai will miss three NRL matches for his two high tackles in Monday night's loss to Parramatta.
Matai entered early guilty pleas on Wednesday to the grade five and grade one careless high tackle charges laid against him.

The Kiwi centre copped the grade five charge for an ugly first-half shot on Eels debutant Tom Humble.

The grade one sanction related to a second-half tackle on Test star Jarryd Hayne.

Matai has a poor disciplinary record, causing former judiciary panellist and Kiwi international Darrell Williams to warn him he needs to change his aggressive tackling style.
AAP
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27147163-5018866,00.html

Got lucky imo

Hutchy86

Juniors
real lucky..
with his record and given the nature of the tackle/s, how did he only cop 3 weeks?
I'm completely disillusioned:?